A going away party ? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A going away party ? A going away party ?

Unread 08-11-2007, 03:38 PM
A going away party ?

So I had to have an emergency complete abdominal hysterectomy 7 weeks ago. When I woke up from surgery, my daughter and her girlfriends from college had gone to the grocery store and had a cake decorated for me...it said, "Happy Hysterectomy Paula," and they had drawn a uterus and fallopian tubes in the top left hand corner. Then, around the picture of the uterus, et al, they had drawn a big red circle and a slash through the center of the circle, like, "No more"!

The doctors and nurses were all offered a piece of cake, and many of them said that my cake was their first "Happy Hysterectomy Cake " that they had ever seen! Many of them took their cell phones and took pictures of it!

We also passed out tampons and boxes of pads that I had at the house before my surgery! It was a HUGE successful celebration!

My oldest sister sent me a "singing" balloon that sang, "Don't worry, be Happy!" It was also a big hit at the hospital.

You aren't crazy about having the party. However, you should seriously be thankful that you are getting rid of a part of your body that doesn't work right.

I have never felt better (7 weeks post op) and I haven't had any hot flashes, night sweats, or insomnia. My migraines have ceased as well!
All in all, it was the best surgery I have ever had!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:02 PM
A going away party ?

PacMouse I fell out of my chair laughing about the Bloody Marys !! Hilarious !! Thanks for the great laugh !!!
Unread 08-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Brilliant!!!

I love the going away party idea and the Bloody Mary idea cracks me up. Don't forget the Deviled eggs if you are saying goodbye to those also.

LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007, 05:29 PM
A going away party ?

Thanks for the "you arent nuts' support. Sadly its looking like I will have to have my party after my surgery. I dont think I am well enough to attend at this point. The bright side of that is it gives me plenty of time to plan it now. The deviled eggs is a wonderful idea. A friend had already planned bloody marys. I am coming to terms with all this a bit more each day.. which is good because I only have 8 left. While this is not how I had hoped to enter my cronehood..even thinking of making a celebration of it is helping.
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:57 PM
A going away party ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njo

And, Oh God, people! One girlfriend even brought tacky 'girl parts' temporary tattoos!!!! I used rubbing alcohol, but couldn't get mine off completely, so there's still a little shadow of a "labia with luggage" on my belly, but it's mostly gone. (I'm going to apply the 'ovaries with wings' tattoo before my surgery.)
ANYBODY know where to find temporary tattoos like those mentioned above??

I'd love to have a flying ovary myself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register