Nerve damage after surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nerve damage after surgery? Nerve damage after surgery?

Unread 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Nerve damage after surgery?

Hey sisters,
Since I woke up from surgery I've had a pain in my right lower back that follows around and down my thigh covering my quad muscle. Its not numb but is painful. I had one of my post ops and the dr. thought it could be nerve damage. I'm horrified. I had this surgery to get rid of pain not to have new pain. I was told it may go away when the swelling goes away. Has this happened to anyone else? Will it go away? Help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 08:15 PM

I had a lot of nerve damage and it did go away but not as quickly as i would of liked. good luck and feel beter
hugs
Lisa
Unread 08-11-2007, 08:41 PM

Same here. Mine feels like a sharp pain just right of my tailbone and sometimes goes down my leg. Doc first said maybe sacral nerve, now says sciatic nerve. He does not seem concerned about it, but it HURTS! This pain is slowing me down more than anything else. It has eased some in the past week, but not much. I can't imagine this pain not going away. I feel like I've traded one problem for another.
Other than the nerve thing, I feel good.
Hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 11:01 PM

I had some nerve damage from surgery but not because I was cut - it was from them trying to get an IV started in me. They stuck me 5 times and then finnally agreed to put me out with gas and then try to get it so it wouldn't hurt me so bad. About 2 days post op I started to get a tingleing and sharp pains behind my left shoulder almost under my arm and the area from the back middle of where my arm is connected to my body around under my arm had a numb feeling. It took over 2 weeks for the tingleing and sharp pain to stop but it has been 6 weeks and it still feels kind of numb. Not as bad as it did but I can still tell it. When I came home from the hospital and the bruising had time to set in from the sticks I found spots around my neck and on my shoulders where they had tried to get the IV. All I can figure is that they hit a nerve with one of the needles. It is getting better as time goes by. I pray that yours will too.
Unread 08-12-2007, 03:49 AM

Hi

I have been told I have nerve damage, am experiencing pain and heaviness/numbness in my right leg and it is not pleasant. Sometimes it feels like the sciatic nerve and other times just dull heaviness.

I was told it would ease but hasn't done so far. I return for my 6 week post op check up on 19th so will ask further questions.

Good luck and I hope your pain eases.
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:05 PM

Thank you all so much for your help. I'm so sorry you are all feeling the same type of pain. I hope for all of our sakes it goes away with time. Please keep me updated on how your doing. I'm so nervous that this is going to be my trade off for getting rid of my other problems. AAAHHH!!!
Darcie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register