Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 08-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Home from the hospital -part 2

It is nice to hear the various stages of recovery from ladies who had surgery around the same time. I unfortunately ended up back in the hospital for 24 hr observation. I thought I was doing so well until Tues night when I started with severe abd pain & cramping. Felt like I had to go to have a BM but couldn't. Tried everything relaxation, walking etc. The pain became unbearable. Then I couldn't pee either. Called my Dr. who said she would meet me at the ER. After x-rays, CT scan , foley cath &numerous poking & proddings I was told I had a severe impaction as a result of the trauma of surgery and adverse reaction to the IV pain meds after surgery. After numerous interventions I was able to VERY painfully have a BM. Unfortunately when they removed the cath I was still unable to pee. So I was sent home with the foley for 48 hr to give my bladder a rest. After another trip to the Dr. office for removal of the foley I am back home, with everything working (although still painfully) My incision seems to be the least of my problems. My husband was sort of unsympathic telling me to "just go to the bathroom" until the DR explained the situation. His guilt has greatly increased his sympathy and his help around the house. I am thinking positivly that I am now on the upside of recovery. I go back to the Dr. wed for another post-op visit & hopefully everything will be as it should. Thanks for all the support, thoughts & prayers!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Oops

I was feeling much better yesterday so I went to work for a couple of hours (bad move!) I have a great boss and didn't need to go back, but feel so out of touch and school starts soon. Anyway, came home and should have rested but didn't went to my gf to chat with my heating pad in tow. Relaxed there. Did go to bed early and slept fine but woke up this am with a wet sensation. When I got up I realized I was bleeding. Pretty substantially. Now I am sitting on the couch with a heating pad, the tv on, legs up and my computer. I am also having some cramping. Wondering if I should be concerned? Guess I'll just wait and see as I do have a dr appt. on Monday evening. I am excited to find out exactly how things went. Thank you so much for this webpage it has helped me a lot!
Unread 08-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Hot Flashes

My hot flashes started about two days after my surgery, they were horrible. About every hour at night and I couldn't sleep worth anything so my doctor suggested that I take antihistamine for a few nights to get my body back on it's sleep pattern. That as well has a lot of vitamins and the hotflash cocktail has been pretty successful. To me the hotflashe feel like I am getting the flu, the really hot for a few minutes, then really cold.

I also overdid it yesterday. My 2 1/2 year old fell and hurt his leg and my mothers instink kicked in, so I got up and ran to him as fast as I could and scooped him up not even thinking about what I was doing. Bad move on my part, now I'm paying for it today. DH went hunting today, yeah some free time to myself & kids!

Amanda, LAVH Endo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 09:17 AM

I still have my ovaries but they are on vacation apparently! I have woke each night with at least 2 drenched in sweat moments. After the hot passes, I am very chilled. I'm sure DH either loves or hates this as he's a furnace and I snuggle up after the chill sets in...but I'm covered in sweat. He doesn't seem to mind. I haven't called the dr but the nurse who called yesterday to check on me 1 week post op asked if this was happening and I said yup. Perfectly normal... I just wish it would stop!

I have been doing great so far but I did overdo it yesterday for sure. My dh and my 2 boys went to a volkswagon show today about 2 hours away. My daughter was "complaining" that the boys were getting to do something fun and she'd be stuck here with me all day. I ventured to Hobby Lobby to find some activities out of the norm for us to do. I walked too much and also bent over too much. My sister and her almost 5 month old baby came along with my mom and I. I was constantly bending to play with him in his carseat in the cart. It seemed like so much fun at the time!

I havent had any bleeding but did have some spotting when I got up this morning. Hoping that passes REALLY soon! I'm resting today and we will be doing some sand art and some foam creations later on. All things I can do from the couch or bed with a lap tray!

Hope everyone's weekend is great!
Unread 08-25-2007, 01:21 PM

Hang in there girls! Some day this will all be a distant memory.
Great boredom buster tip: Ask your child's teacher or any elementary teacher if they have any cutting or stapling type projects you can do for them at home. It will help you pass the time and you will feel great for helping out the school!
Unread 08-25-2007, 01:31 PM

NightNurse,

I had my first hot flash 11 days post op. I had them daily before surgery and then nothing til last night. I was in a stressful situation, which usually always brings them on. I did sweat a little bit on the back of my neck, but that's all. The hot flash only last a few minutes. I'm hoping this will be as bad as it gets and I won't have to deal with a patch.
Unread 08-25-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamoses
To the gals talking about their husbands, I can relate. For the first few days he was very helpful, we have two young boys so they were a handful for him. Then wed. he calls me a wussy and that his friend was better after one week so why can't I just suck it up and get on with it, (all over me not getting up and warming his dinner). I know what the problem i, he's taking his problems out on me so I'm alsoso glad the weekend is here so he will be hunting and out of my hair. Thanks for letting me complain.
I had to laugh when you mentioned your husband was gone hunting this weekend. So is mine and he threatened a couple of times to cancle it if I wasn't feeling well enough for him to go. Oh beleive me I felt better very quikly. Thank you hunting season.
Unread 08-25-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightnurse
What has everyone's experience been with hot flashes? I haven't heard (or seen, hehehe) anyone say anything about having hot flashes. Obviously, I am having them. Which also obviously means I had everything removed. How many and /or how often are you having them? Are you breaking out in a sweat? How long are they lasting? Minutes or more?
As for me, there is no pattern, it varies. It seems like I have several when I first get up and fewer as the day goes on, then more in the evening. I've been sleeping better, Thank godness! Was only awakened by two last night. What I didn't expect was to feel chilled sometimes after having them. The first time I had one I didn't recognize what it was and thought I was getting a post-op fever. I grabbed my thermometer and had a normal temp. For me, they aren't 'flashes', like I thought they would be. It's more a gradual warming that comes over my entire body, arms, legs, everywhere. Then it seems to peak and go away. I haven't broken out in a sweat, just feel damp on my forehead. Mine seem to last a little more than one minute.
I have had quite a few. It is gradual starts at my toes and fingers and then quikly I am in a pool of sweat. But just as quikly as I am drenched I am cold again. It happens several times during the night and also quite a bit during the day. Hang in there.
Unread 08-25-2007, 03:29 PM
laxatives and enama...maybe not a good idea!

OK, so I am not sure taking the laxatives and enema were such a good idea! I feel like S---! Literally! I feel awful! My tummy hurts, I ate a sandwich and I think it has gone right though me...I am drinking 7-up so I am not dehydrated but I really feel crummy. So, the question is, which is worse, feeling bad because you CAN'T go or because you can't stop? O, did I mention that my tush is sore from going so much? No fever so I know it is just the result of trying to get unplugged...just needed to vent, share with someone who understands... thanks.
Unread 08-25-2007, 03:50 PM

i am feeling plugged up too lately. well, not totally, i go, but it's very hard. i am going to start taking senecot . they were giving me that in the hospital to soften it up. i must need more. yesterday my stomach quite a mess because of not going properly. when i first came home i was ok, but now i am getting constipated again. get the pressing urge to go and when i get there, nothing comes out or just a little tiny thing hard as a rock. very frustrating.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register