Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 08-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

[No one under 17 admitted to the following paragraph] Oh, and... I've also induced orgasm three times over the past week. At last week's visit to the surgeon I was too embarrassed to ask if that was a problem because there was a third party to the conversation. I can't seem to resist reassuring myself that it still works, not to mention the stress relief... I wonder if that did some harm? Sigh.
[/quote]

I am 11 days post op today & I'm not feeling so hot. I am VERY gassy & bloated. I have sent DH to the store for some GasX & stool softeners. I haven't needed them yet, but I guess I've been a "late bloomer" when it comes to this. I have felt really good most days but today I'm just blah.
My DH & I had some "external" fun over the weekend & it was GREAT to see that I still had those feelings. I guess my little hormone patch is working!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 11:00 PM

I was wondering about orgasm at this stage...since this site was referred to me by my gyno/surgeon, I think I will refer to it when I see her Thursday.It would be nice to try out B.O.B. (battery operated boyfriend ) and see how well these estrogen patches do work. We may need to start a new thread...Orgasm, Myth or Fact...
Unread 08-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Glad I found you!!

10-days post-0p and doing well! After scheduled LSH on Friday, August 17th 11am, my dr found the fibroid too larger and deep in the pelvic cavity and had to do a SAH! NOT MY PLAN!! 2weeks off turned into 6 weeks of vacation!! Not quite that either!
I was searching the net to find out some information on post-op problems and found your wonderful site!! I read everything I could and then registered to get the rest of the story!!
I only had to spend three days in the castle, was up walking 6 hours after surgery and have kept walking as much as possible! The gas was the most unconfortable part, but that seems to be subsiding! Passed gas and eat a real dinner the second day! Everything as been moving along since them without added meds. I just eat a lot of fresh fruit with every meal! Had some sharp pain on one side above my incesion for two days if I was on my feet for more than ten minutes, but that seems to be better today!
Called my dr because of the pain with urination and have too go in for a urine test to be sure its not an infection.
Have not had Vicodin since day 3 post-op and think I am going to try stopping the Motrin tomorrow and see how it goes!
My DH has been taking care of me and won't let me lift a thing! Unfortunately, I am very active in my work and at home so that will be my biggest challenge! Not tending my plant nursery and my own jungle at home, my passion!

BEST WISHES TO ALL AND A SPEEDY RECOVERY!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 11:17 PM

Welcome to our strange an wacky world of recovery, PlantLady58! This site has truly been such a tremendous help! My doc told me about it at my pre-op appointment 2 weeks before my surgery and the wonderful sisters on this site have given me a wealth of info. It is nice to know we all have some of the same problems...BM, or lack of, and gas...plenty of! It is fun to see new threads as well as the post-op section. Again, welcome.
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:34 AM

When I had a little breakdown last week about being stuck in bed, my DH also said the same thing. It finally made sense . The idea that I had birthed a child previously but this time I birthed an organ !!!! I am getting that everything inside me is " bruised and beaten". There is also the pain from the AP repair. There are very few comfortable positions to sit and lie in. I agree with you about the age issue, my body is 8 yrs older than my last delivery.
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramafo
Hi just joined the group. I had a partial hysterectomy on 8/14 kept my ovaries. I had three c-sections in the past, the last being about 12 years ago. The recovery seemed easier than the c-sections at first - I was up and around the evening of the 14th - but I don't remember feeling so slow after two weeks. I am still gassy with slow bowel and still experiencing some burning at my incision although it is healing nicely. I am thinking maybe it could be because I am a lot older now (42) and because this was a lot more invasive than the c-sections since they actually removed a part of my body, it could also be that my memory does not serve me well and it took just as long to heal from my c-sections. How much longer before I start to move more normally - walking, etc.?
I guess i am not very computer savvy. I replied but I don't know where it went. I thing it is on the next page, Sorry
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsHugItOut
Oh, I forgot to ask... I went to the pharmacy today to get my refill on my pain pills, DH was freaking out and put up quite a fight, but he caved and allowed me to go by myself. YAY! Anyway, as I was there and asked the pharmacist to grab my senokot-s from behind the counter he told me that most likely what I'm experiencing isn't constipation pains - I have been able to go, very soft stools, every other day or so since day 6. He told me that I may be having spasms and may need something called Librax (?) Has anyone experienced this? Is it worth calling my Doctor about? Should I just wait until I go in on Wednesday to ask about it? Anyway, I left out of there with Gas-X that he told me would help with the gas pains around my abdominal area / my incision.
I looked up Librax and it seems to be an antispasmodic. I think a lot of our pain may be from the bladder and bowel manipulation during surgery. I would talk to your doctor to see if he can give you somrthing to help.
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Insomnia, anyone @@??

Today I visit the doctor for my 2 week post op. I didn't sleep an hour last night. It's been that way for the past few nights but I'm able to sleep during the day. I am hoping he will give me Ambien or Lunesta. Is this a temporary thing.....part of menopause or what?? I'm also very lightheaded, almost dizzy and mild hot/cold flashes. None of this started right away. Just n the last few days.
I don't know whether to ask for a patch or not. The warm flashes are manageable. The insomnia is my main concern.

I wonder if the surgical menopause will slowly get worse since I am two weeks post op??? I hate to whine because for the most part, it has been so much better than I thought.
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:28 AM

Hoping your appointment goes well for you RedHot! I would ask about something to help you sleep. Last Friday was one week for me and I had been waking up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep until around 4:00 or so... DH gets up at 5:00 for work so I wasn't sleeping much. The nurse called me at one week mark to check on me and I told her about not sleeping. She left a few samples of Lunesta for me at the office. I used them Saturday and Sunday night and was wonderful to sleep a full night! I also had gotten to the point of feeling "worn out" in the early evening hours but didn't do that on those nights I slept through. I didn't take one Sunday night or last night but slept pretty much the entire night. Woke up once last night for a very brief time, grabbed a book and started reading...was back to sleep in no time.

Good Luck!
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:23 AM

Don't quit the Motrin as things can get out of hand pretty quick...........

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register