Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 08-28-2007, 08:32 AM
2 week checkup

I had my 2 week check up last night. I had started bleeding a decent amount over the weekend. Turns out I had a blood clot that was causing problems. That was removed last night and now I'm bleeding more today, but he said that should come to an end in the next couple of days. I was told no lifting but I am able to help muck stalls, brush and bath my horses if I feel up to it That's been the hardest for me, not being able to do anything physically with my horses. All in all he said I am progressing really well and everything looks fine inside. He said work is okay as long as I only stay for a couple of hours. I have a wonderful (female) boss who is letting me work whenever I feel like it or not. My other coworker just had an abdominal the week before myself so we are traveling on this journey together. Thanks again for all of your help, now if these gas pains or spasms would just subside. Oh, and I'm supposed to quit the coffee, not even decaf or tea as it makes the bladder spasms much worse. I only had one cup today am trying to wean off it gradually!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Thanks for the tip on the coffee and tea, Crafte! I hadn't heard that and I have been drinking a lot of iced tea! Other than water, is there anything we can drink that is good?? Don't need prune juice, thank you!

I don't have my check up until Sept 11th! Feel really good this morning, day 11! Walked around the garden to smell the

O.K., I'll keep up with the Motrin for a few more days and see how it goes. I just don't do well with pain meds!
My dr did confirm that there was no cancer but forgot to ask what the biggest of the fibroids weight. She used the word "impressive" to describe it and it looked hugh in the photos! I was hoping to loose ten lbs, but just happy to be ride of it!!

to everyone!! Thanks for all the Welcomes!!
Unread 08-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotPrissPot
Today I visit the doctor for my 2 week post op. I didn't sleep an hour last night. It's been that way for the past few nights but I'm able to sleep during the day. I am hoping he will give me Ambien or Lunesta. Is this a temporary thing.....part of menopause or what?? I'm also very lightheaded, almost dizzy and mild hot/cold flashes. None of this started right away. Just n the last few days.
I don't know whether to ask for a patch or not. The warm flashes are manageable. The insomnia is my main concern.

I wonder if the surgical menopause will slowly get worse since I am two weeks post op??? I hate to whine because for the most part, it has been so much better than I thought.
I love this support system because you can whine and not feel guilty. It is also wonderful to hear from someone else who has been through the same thing. You don't feel so alone. Good luck with your appointment. Write down all you questions for the doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 11:00 AM
2 Weeks Post Op

HI Ladies. today i am two weeks post op and feeling pretty good. only thing is, i'm still not sleeping very well. ever since i stopped taking the percocet about a week ago. i fall asleep but dont stay. very restless. i hope i get back on track soon because i'm supposed to be back at work in two weeks. i also am having some pains in my sides, like streching pains. i thought that maybe it's because i've been trying to lay on my sides at night instead of my back and maybe doing that is making my sides sore. is anyone else having this trouble? yesterday i went to my parents house for a visit and will probably go again today. (they pick me up as i'm still not driving) it's great to have a change of scenery for a few hours. breaks up the monotony. well, take care everyone. hope you are all feeling better. i will post again soon. Thanks for all your great support. i love all my "sisters"
Unread 08-28-2007, 11:32 AM

To PlantLady58
Lots and lots of water and juice. Personally I don't care much for juice (I'd rather eat fruit) so I just stick with plain old H2O.
Unread 08-28-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole'red
I was wondering about orgasm at this stage...since this site was referred to me by my gyno/surgeon, I think I will refer to it when I see her Thursday.
Do please let us know if she has any comments on this.

I have got the blahs too, starting yesterday. I even thought I looked worse yesterday all of a sudden (pale, haggard). Today I have a slight temp (99.3, more than it appears because my normal temp is about 97.6). A bit worried about that. It figures, since tomorrow is the day I am planning to go back to my apartment. Maybe I have some sort of neurotic fever.
Unread 08-28-2007, 01:03 PM
aromatherapy for insomnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushmush
HI Ladies. today i am two weeks post op and feeling pretty good. only thing is, i'm still not sleeping very well. ever since i stopped taking the percocet about a week ago.
Try some aromatherapy, it can't hurt. Usually helps me. Basic lavender essential oil, a drop or two on a tissue tucked under your pillowcase, or a drop mixed with a teaspoon of any unscented cream or oil and rubbed on your chest, wrists, etc. Or for something more convenient, use this: http://www.badgerbalm.com/pc-393-2-sleep-balm.aspx
Unread 08-28-2007, 01:22 PM

Hello sisters just want to update on my progress I am 15 days post-op. I am so tired during the day but as far as nights go i am taking lunesta. I have some pain this week but it is not too bad. ad to go to the dr yesterday about my inscension(?), thought it was infected but it had opened up. The dr steri-striped it and is hoping it heals if not he will stitch it up. Sounds like fun, lol. Good luck sisters and hugs too all.
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:46 PM
2 weeks ago yesterday:) xo

well, it's been 2 weeks outta surgery now, I'm feelin' good...YAY!!! I had a TAH, went in the 13th, came home the 15th...and haven't had n e pain pills since I was in the hospital. I went to see the Dr last wednesday and he has already released me to drive...whoo hoo...I was gettin cabin fever in less than a week...lol!
I go back to see the Dr sept 12th, so we'll see what all he says then. I feel awesome, nothing like I had thought...thank goodness, but I guess it doesn't happen for everyone the same way.
Only thing that's bothering me now is...the kids started school the day I came home, and now they have already brought a "bug" home, so we've all been kinda puny from that, but we're takin our antibiotics and pushin the fluids, so we're all on our way to feelin up to par.
I'm sending well wishes & good vibes to all you ladies and hope to hear from you all soon! Take care, kiss kiss!
"lil ol me"
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:14 PM

to plutonian, thanks very much for the tip on the lavender. i will try it and let you know what happens.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register