Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 08-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheaton1996
I also had my post op today, doctor said that the bloating was from the sweliing internally which is normal after surgery. I can drive and do light exercise. I think the nausea is the same as the bloating, one of the "pleasures" of surgery. I had the nausea on Tuesday and couldn't get out of bed but within an hour I was better. I think it is all the internal changes that are occuring at different times that bring on all these things.
My doctor asked about pain. I said it was a 1 (on the Pain scale) but my frustration was a 9. I agree with everybody the tiredness is overwhelming.

I hope everybody is doing better soon .
I am laughing a little bit at you all talking about the bloating. After trying on 3 pairs of (bigger) shorts this am before heading off to work, I put on one of my golf skirts with lots of elastic and shorts underneath. Went to Kohls later and picked up 3 more of those skirts. They are so comfy!!! I think the spandex also helps with my tummy. Now I can be comfortable, look decent and still bend over without exposing myself!!!! Someday the bloat will go away!!! Keep smiling!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 03:43 PM

I guess I'm in the same boat as most everyone else. I feel pretty good, and even energetic, but just going to Walmart and picking up a few groceries wore me out. I've been in bed for the last day and a half except for doing a few chores. Today I am hurting. Not really bad enough for a pain pill, but close.

My husband is not doing a thing around the house. He keeps saying to leave it and he'll do it when he gets home. Well, one day turns into 2 and then 3 and it's not done so I do as much as I can. This bothers me because I know when I start radiation I'm going to be fatigued. I loathe having to ask someone to do something more than once. I'd rather just do it myself.

I hope everyone is taking it easy, and I might follow that advice myself.

Take care!
Unread 08-30-2007, 04:06 PM

hehehe I feel for ya sweetie...my kids started school the day after I got home, and ended up bringing a "bug" home. I've been sneezing and coughing so much...ugh...hurts worse than the surgery itself did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 04:07 PM

My DH has offers me his shorts to fit around the belly !!!!
Unread 08-30-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheaton1996
My DH has offers me his shorts to fit around the belly !!!!
My DH has always had a skinnier waist than me, so that would never work..........LOL
Unread 08-30-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole'red
I just finished reading this thread from the beginning and it has been real interesting to how we all have gas and BM problems, we all felt pretty great right after surgery, we are now not feeling so great but most of the gas has passed, and now we are moving on to the problems of moving around more and doing too much. I am wanting to read threads from some previous sites. Bet they go pretty much the same. Such a relief to know we really are in a sisterhood!
I totally agree with you about us all pretty much going throught the same things.It has been 16 days since my surgery and to be honest with you I think I have more discomfort now then I did the past 2 weeks of post-op. I guess that just means everything inside (or lack of) is healing. See the Dr. tomorrow for my 2 week post-op appointment, hopefully he will tell me everything is okay. Let's all hang in there-this will all be behind us before we know it
Unread 08-30-2007, 05:19 PM

Well after reading alot of these posts I guess I am not alone in being tired, I am napping now and I did not do it till this week. I feel like I took 2 steps backwards. Hopefully I will feel better soon, I am gonna lay around this weekend. My steri-strips are coming off again but my inscesion looks better this time. Talk to my isters later gonna eat and go to bed.
Unread 08-30-2007, 05:40 PM

Had post op today and walked in office with them telling me...doc had to leave for a delivery! Those babies are supposed to be born in the middle of the night, aren't they? However they let me see the nurse practitioner and I was able to ask all my questions. My incision is healed and she gave me the go ahead to go in my sister's pool Monday. I can sit in a dry sauna at the gym if I want. ORGASMS will not hurt me...since there is no DH, self induced, just to see how the HRT works, of course. Bending...not for another 4 weeks...I showed her how I do it while bending my knees and she said...NO! If I have to bend at all, that is bad. Reaching is ok...vacuuming and sweeping, not until 6 weeks. Body odor...changed my patch from .05 estradiol to .075. Was starting to smell like a smelly man! Forgot to ask about dizzy/nausea but after reading todays posts, think we all are having it. I get it when I get real tired, like last night at Walmart or today at Costco...in electric cart, even! Got to bring home a pathology report...I am in the health field so it was ool to read. No cancer, praise the Lord! The NP tpld me it was a good thing to get that mess that was causing me so much pain out of there! I hate to say it but I think the fatigue is going to be with us for quite q while longer (weeks). i am just thankful that I love to lay around and watch tv! I have always said, there is life after kids! Now they are taking care of me! I am domestically challenged...

I hope those of you feeling crummy know this isn't a permanent condition. It will get better. The housework will still be there when you are better.
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:34 PM

My doctor said, much to my DH distress, that because of my perineal stitches I can't have any form of stimulation. Ole'red I'm jealous !
I plan to go shopping tomorrow. First time in 3 wks ! Yippee!
Unread 08-30-2007, 08:13 PM
it works!

Although I must say I certainly wasn't feeling "interested" I was feeling curious and a little concerned...so o o I tried a little bit of self lovin' and it worked...YAY!! It's such a relief to know that all nerve endings etc are still intact and that I am still every bit a woman Just minus some bits!! Have a great day ladies...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register