Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 08-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Time sure does fly by! I was just sitting here thinking 2 weeks ago I was in the first 1/2 hour of my surgery! I just want to jump up and down and say "look at me now!!!"

My back gets sore every now and then too. Sometimes I think it's because I'm NOT doing anything and sometimes I know it's because I've done TOO much! I can't seem to find the happy medium there but oh well.

I'm so happy to be able to enjoy a holiday weekend without all of the bleeding finally! It's been OVER A YEAR since I've done that!!! The last holiday I recall not having been bleeding was Memorial Day LAST YEAR!!! Talk about exciting and frankly I don't care if I still can't get in our pool with the rest of the family or if I can't do too much around the house or whatever else I would normally be doing, this one absence is plenty for me!!!

Hope all you ladies have a fabulous and wonderful weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 10:13 AM

red hot honkerblonk pot...I just joined today. I am 41 yo and thought last week that I had ovarian cancer. lost GMom @ 40 to OC and mom @ 50 to OC, needless to say I was scared. I stopped and said a prayer for you and hope you are confident in praying for yourself. Please keep us posted on your progress and I'll keep you in my prayers.
Unread 08-31-2007, 10:22 AM

My goddness I can not beleive that some sisters are already going back to work. I am hoping I can go back the 10th but I have to talk to my dr first. I am glad to know I am not the only one who hates daytime tv. My mom asked me how come I was so bored, she stays home all day. I told her she is used to it I am not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 10:47 AM

Razorbckfan, I couldn't agree with you MORE on the bleeding. The bleeding controlled my life. The last three periods I had was so bad I was changing my clothing every ten minutes,it went on for two days.So I will now have my life BACK!!!!!!!!
Shell1962
Unread 08-31-2007, 10:47 AM
self loving

Well I gotta tell you, my libido has also come back with a vengance I feel like a nym. So I tried it, regret it!! It was good and all but I paid for it. I hadn't been in that much pain in a while. I told my DH and he was bumed I didn't wait for him. The next 4 weeks are going to be torture. We havn't had a normal love life in years. I realy hope it can get back to the way it used to be before kids.
Unread 08-31-2007, 11:26 AM

Hormones are sure a funny thing...changed to the new patch yesterday, has a bit more estrogen in it. I certainly smell better, not like a sweaty construction worker, anymore. However...I was hot all night, not quite a hot flash, just hot all night. Talked to a nurse this morning and she said that is normal and will ** away. Thank goodness! I also feel a bit different moodwise. Not sure how to explain that one...not sad or weepy, just more subdued (probably not a bad thing since I have ADHD!). It will be interesting to see how the week goes...this should probably be on a different thread but it is hard to break away from the 'sisters' on this thread!! I am going to look at some of them. Is anyone else on any others? I have seen some others and written but then I get confused where I talked to someone! Hmmm...maybe it is the memory thing...well, need food. Talk to you all later.
Unread 08-31-2007, 12:06 PM

Had my 2 week post op visit today with my Dr. He said I am healing great and can start increasing my daily activities and can return to work a few days a week/few hours a day. I never thought I would look forward to going back to work, but those words really made my day . Now if I could only get a good nights sleep. I seem to have to get up every two hours to pee ,which is a problem I have only at night, during the day the bathrooming isn't really much of an issue, anyone else having this problem? I love this site, it really makes me feel normal to see I am not alone in the symptoms I am experiencingLet's all hang in there ladies...looks like we're gonna make it![/color]
Unread 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM

I pee at night alot too. I never used to get up at night. Maybe because we are still a little swollen, I HOPE. Thanks to all for your support. Weather you think you help or not, I believe we are all helping eachother in some way. Love to all.
Unread 08-31-2007, 01:41 PM

For the first 2 wks I was peeing every 2 hours day and night. Now that I am more active and not drinking as much I am peeing less. I am so excited that I am not longer dribbling on myself. I guess my bladder suspension is working. I got Ambien from my Dr yesterday to help with the insomnia. I finally slept like a baby last night. First time in 2 wks.

I also can't believe that some of you are already going back to work. Good Luck ! My Dr has given me 6-8 wks off because I am nurse and I lift patients. I won't bored though because I help out with my husband's company (he's self employed).

Ladies have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. My Dr said I could have a glass of wine. I am going to enjoy that !
Unread 08-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Feeling better!

I called my Dr today as I am still bleeding. I thought it was a significant amount. I am changing my (maxi) pad at least 5 times per day (bright red.) Was feeling pretty bad this am. The dr said that it is prerfectly normal. Although they did say that if it gets to be changing a pad per hour to go to the emergency room. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I actually had to go buy pads something I never thought I would have to do again. I didn't have any bleeding other than spotting periodically the first week.

I also have to get up at night to pee usually 2 - 3 times and I never had that problem before either. I do know this too shall pass.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a ride" Thanks for listening!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register