Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushmush
Hi Ladies,

Terri H. Welcome to the Site.

Today is 18 days for me and i'm not feeling well right now.

i did a load of laundry today and i think that was too much. i am trying to do different things each day so i can know what my limits are, but then i end up not feeling well. my incision is sore since i hung out the clothes. i just put the shirts on hangers and hung the hangers on the clothesline, so i didn't think that would be too bad. i am getting very frustrated. one day is good, next day is yuck !! also, my DH is getting on my nerves too. if i tell him i am sore, he says that's good, you're using your muscles, you have to start using them, etc etc. i know he wants me to feel better, but i feel that he is starting to push me now. i DO NOT think it's good for me to be sore after hanging some shirts on the line. i don't want to sound like i'm bashing him, he has been great thru all of this, but he does not know what i feel like.

i found out yesterday too that i'm having a hard time wearing pants with zippers. the zipper goes right over, ouch !!!!

on a good note,my belly is not as swollen as a lot of other ladies are reporting. my pants fit, but it's when i zip them that it hurts.

well, maybe tomorrow will be better. sorry if i'm a sad sack today. i don't mean to bring anyone else down.
ushmush, I am still not feeling well (because of fever),but have not had cramps until today(like you) Haven't done really anything except seat my rear in the lazyboy. My DH trys to say the right things too(which they are trying to help us this I know) Its hard for them to understand what we are going thru.Thats why this web site is so awesome.I do know when I don't feel well everyone seems to either irritate me or hurt my feelings.I tell myself its me and I am just emotional. Hang in there.Hope you have a better day tom. Shell1962
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheaton1996

Ladies what OTC pain relievers have worked for you ? I have tired Advil and Tylenol. I just can't seem to get on top of the achy, crampy lower abdominal pain. My stitched in my perineum don't even hurt as much as my lower abdomen. I can finally can sit down because I got a " donut" so my bottom doesn't hurt when I sit.
I have had good results from Aleve. I had oxy the day after surgery, but it made me edgy so the next day I took Aleve only and it's done the trick since then. For me, the advantage is that I don't have to REMEMBER (cause my brain is on a work slowdown currently) to take something every 4 hours. One Aleve in the AM, another at bedtime.
Unread 09-01-2007, 04:54 PM

Hi girls, 3 weeks tomorrow post op. AH kept ovaries. It's been a journey all right. I have been doing things I shouldn't have and suffered the consequences. Went to the soccer to see my son play 5 days post op (OMG -suffered the consequences big time). Learnt a bit of a lesson but 2 weeks post op drove my daughter to her dancing lesson and went to an AA meeting (became sweaty and had to leave and lie down in the car). Then my 20 month old niece came for a visit and I picked her up! I hope my internal stitching is still intact! Actually, not feeling too bad. Walked around block yesterday, did some light housework but was pretty tired and my tummy was tender and swollen last night. I don't know how to slow down as before op, worked 4 days a week, taught bellydancing 2 nights a week, went to my own dance class another night and drove 2 kids to their sporting/after school activities. You girls know what it's like. Also have to be a wife and cook! We should relish just laying around. Anyway let's all stay positve. All the women I know who have had a Hyst say we will feel fabulous - eventually. We just have to wait. Keep on keeping on girls. Traleedee, Sydney, Australia 46 years old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 05:07 PM

Me too , me too...thanks to all you ladies for the support & encouragement sent! xoxoxo Sisters 4 ever xo
today is day 19 for me, and omg, did I ever over do it...whew...we had a Labor day celebration here in our lil ol town this morning, this afternoon, and then tonight we r going to the rodeo...ugh, kids talked us into it, lol! I walked around the craft booths, etc, for almost 3 hours and wish I still had some decent pain pills to take. I got home & slep 4 hours!!! ha! Guess I needed it, though. wasn't anyway outta the things I did this mornin...kids were both on floats in the parade, and DH rode his firetruck in the parade, so you know I had to just see them do that xo
I have felt really well, but it's hard for me to sit still as much as I should...just gotta keep movin. but think mnext week I'll just camp out on the couch and surf the net, TRY to find somethin decent on tv...lol...or somethin. Have a safe, fun, relaxing weekend! xo
Unread 09-01-2007, 06:06 PM
just comparing notes

Anyone out there have a complete laparascopic procedure? Lucky for me mine was able to be done that way. I feel i got back on my feet much quicker. BUT! I didn't expect the pain to last this long. I saw, and got to keep some of the surgery pictures of the procedure, no wonder we're in pain! Odd thing is, it's feels just like the endo pain I had before surgery.

Raise your cyber hand if the hot flashes are driving you crazy. Mine weren't bad at first. But now they seem to be about every 30 mins... grrrrr. Obviously, I had everything removed. I know people who have had totals and they don't say much about the hot flashes, which makes me wonder if they will die down eventually. I'm going to give it 3 months then call my doc for HRT.
A red hot mama? That would definitely be me. hehehe
Unread 09-01-2007, 06:45 PM

Traleedee,
Me a friend of Bill's too! 16 years. Been to Kiwi meetings, but was still "at it hard" when I was in NQ years ago. Worked on a prawn trawler outta Thursday Island. Ah, the memories (I DON'T have!). Good advice about overdoing it - it's been hard to reign myself in and devote my energy to just HEALING. It's all about staying in today, right?
Unread 09-01-2007, 06:47 PM

I agree with everyone. I only had a vaginal with ovaries intact and I am getting power surges too. Although I had them before surgery. I know I definitely over did it today as I went to the Penn State Football game today. We have season tickets and I really look forward to heading up to State College. I am feeling the same as all of you. I have a job where I'm on my feet all day, horses to care for, cooking, cleaning and laundry. TV stinks and I haven't been able to read or do any other hobbies. But I'm not really whining as I am truly blessed, just very impatient. This has been a great place to keep up with you all and I really look forward to hearing how everyones day has been. WE will all heal and life will return to normal before we know it. I think we should all just relish the things that are being done for us right now! I too am in pain and have pressure and am still bleeding a good bit. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! xxoo
Unread 09-01-2007, 07:40 PM

Hi all! I'm feeling pretty crummy today. Headache, tiredness and a bout of diarrhea. I'm not overdoing it. I walk around and have been to the store a couple times. I am just worn out. I upped my hormone patch yesterday to .07 vivelle dot. I hope this isn't a reaction to the increase, shouldn't be. I haven't been sleeping well at night and have been taking 3 hour naps in the afternoon. I do notice I get little pains in my tummy when I stand for too long. Sitting down and standing up are still a little hard for me. My bottom hurts alot from sitting, I believe that's from the rectocele. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow. Goodnight!
Unread 09-01-2007, 09:12 PM

Hello friends, today is day 18 for me also and it was not a good day for me either.Had my 2 week post-op visit with my doctor yesterday and he thought I was doing remarkable well so I went to the mall to celebrate and think I probably overdid it.....I was also disappointed today when I tried to wear a pair of regular shorts instead of the drawstring ones and couldn't zip them up. I was hoping I would be able to wear regular clothes since I'm thinking of going back to work next week for a few hours a day. I have a great boss who will be thrilled to have me back, but will allow me to work when and if i can. It's just that I am going crazy being home, since like most of us have discovered - daytime TV sucks! Like Ive said before.......Hang in there girls...this will all be behind us before we know it. Thanks ladies for all being there day after day for us all to vent!
Unread 09-01-2007, 11:12 PM

Hi Sisters! To all the new sisters who have joined us since my last Post! This is an unbeliveable support site!!

Just checking in and reading all the notes over the last few days! Seems everybody has GAS!!!

I finally went out and bought some Gas-x as I am tired of the after eating pain and disconfort! Can't wait for it to work!

I am now 15 days PO and still felling good! Slept in my bed with my DH for the last two nights..all night!! I haven't had any trouble sleeping all night and really not napping during the day, any more! Had only one IB600 yesterday and none today! Just didn't need them! Still wearing my girddle when ever I am up and around. Was up early this morning so I could hand water my potted plants (hundreds) before it got too warm. It has been so hot here we have been out to dinner the last four nights and no problems at all!!

My DR called to see how I was doing and to let me know the Lab was negative for infection, which is good! So if the pain doesn't go away, it's something else!! She also gave me the weight on the they were an 'Impressive' 550 grams, but not the ten pounds I was looking to loose! Post-op appointment Sept 11th! She said I could drive as long as I am not on Vicodin and feel up to it! Haven't been out yet!!

My head is a lot clearer the last few days, but like the rest of you over 50 gals, I too suffer from SM-Senior Moments!! I am hoping to be bright enough and able to focus by the end of the Holiday so I can do some accounting for my busniess. Not a good thing to do unless you are ready! Don't want to make any $$$ mistakes at this time!

Keep up the positive spirits...It does get better!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register