Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 09-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine
Lying around watching TV can sometimes be as serious as doing too much. At this point in your recovery you should be able to do things such as dishes, preparing light meals, dusting, folding laundry (if someone carries the laundry basket to you), and you should be doing plenty of walking. Walking and moving around keeps the blood circulating and helps to prevent blood clots.

If you haven't already, read the Checkpoints for weeks 3 - 4 which should give you an idea of what you should/should not be doing at this point.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_postop34.htm
LOL...you assume I do these things when I am healthy! I actually do get up and do things, just nothing like vacuuming, bending, carrying. I limit walking to going to the neighbors, the store which is 200 feet away, letting the dogs in and out. My daughter brought her 3 pound dumbbells for me to do arm exercises with. I had to attend a 3 hour mandatory inservice at work last night and did fine. Had to sit up in a hard chair for 2 1/2 hours and today I am sore. I have not had pain for a long time so I will stay down for a while today. Going to a neighbors for dinner tonight. I am going to have to try to find someone to vacuum for me, though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Gas pains showed up late

Goodmorning sisters,
I am now 24 days out. 2 days ago I woke up with very bad gas pain,it hurt to even seat or walk. I never really had much gas before.Since I have been home thought I was really watching my diet and fluids.DH went out and bought me Beano(which did nothing to help) ,he went back and brought home Gas-X ,which I had with a hot cup of tea.Helped quite a bit,but still troubled.Still on antibs.(third round)and running low grade fever.See doc next week.As far as going back to work,it was going to be about 6 weeks,because i do heavy lifting,but doc says i need to kick this infection first before we think of that.I am so happy that some of you sisters are doing so well.Those of you already attempting work ,please be careful.Things really do and can continue during our absence.It took me along time to learn this.I know when I have a friend or loved hurt or ill I want to help them in anyway I can and would encourage them to rest and or stay off work.Why I never gave myself the same treatment is beyond me! Thank you all for all the posts. Take care today

Shell1962 LAVH
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:12 AM

Well, what can I say at this point? I feel depressed, tired and headache-y. I want to cry alot. I feel little pains here and there but nothing major. I have noticed I feel a little shaky at times, not weak shaky but maybe nervous shaky. I don't know if my increase in estrogen is responsible for that or what. I'm very interested in finding out more about progesterone creams. I wonder if that's what I need for my emotional fallout. I hope everyone else is doing fine. And I forgot your screen name already, but good luck with your job interview.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 09:14 AM

Wow, you're "pain in the sides of my stomach" comment hit home. I had a LAH with the removal of everything the same day as you TAH and just yesterday I started noticing a pain on my lower right side, close to the pelvic bone. Haven't had much pain at all, luckily, so this caught me offguard.

Can you help us out ladies? Anyone else experiencing this?

Hope your job interview went well and you're feeling better today.
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccamrine
Well, what can I say at this point? I feel depressed, tired and headache-y. I want to cry alot. I feel little pains here and there but nothing major. I have noticed I feel a little shaky at times, not weak shaky but maybe nervous shaky. I don't know if my increase in estrogen is responsible for that or what. I'm very interested in finding out more about progesterone creams. I wonder if that's what I need for my emotional fallout. I hope everyone else is doing fine. And I forgot your screen name already, but good luck with your job interview.
CCAMRINE-- I'm sorry you feel bad.Here, this is from me to you :hug

Shell1962
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Hello Sisters

today is starting out not so bad. i am just really tired again. didn't sleep well AGAIN last night. also, today i have gas pains pretty bad. i think i'm not walking enough. going to try to walk more today.i am in rut with doing stuff because i'm so tired from not sleeping i don't have much energy to do things, but today i'm going to make a real effort to do more. maybe some light grocery shopping and a trip to the bank. i've only driven once by msyelf so far and that was almost a week ago. this is the longest a tank of gas has ever lasted in my car. LOL . one thing though, i'm glad i finally tried laying with a pillow between my legs. even though i'm not sleeping well, the pillow at least helps with the pulling in the incision. Hope you all have a nice day. Take it Easy.
Unread 09-06-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushmush
today is starting out not so bad. i am just really tired again. didn't sleep well AGAIN last night. also, today i have gas pains pretty bad. i think i'm not walking enough. going to try to walk more today.i am in rut with doing stuff because i'm so tired from not sleeping i don't have much energy to do things, but today i'm going to make a real effort to do more. maybe some light grocery shopping and a trip to the bank. i've only driven once by msyelf so far and that was almost a week ago. this is the longest a tank of gas has ever lasted in my car. LOL . one thing though, i'm glad i finally tried laying with a pillow between my legs. even though i'm not sleeping well, the pillow at least helps with the pulling in the incision. Hope you all have a nice day. Take it Easy.
Ushmush---My doc gave me a low dose (.25)of Zanax.I take 1 to 1 1/2.It really relaxes me.I'll either watch some TV or read a book before you know it I'm asleep.The only problem is after about 5 hrs i have to get up and pee!But I still feel like I'm having a good nights sleep.I wish I had heard about Zanax before this.I'm the kind of person when my head hits the pillow i spin from the days events and thinking of tom. Thought info might be interesting to you
shell1962 LAVH
Unread 09-06-2007, 10:49 AM

shell62, I had my surgery around the same time as you and also have a job that I do heavy lifting. I am taking 12 weeks off...with my 10 pound lifting restriction for 6 weeks, I did not think I would be able to lift 200 pounds shortly therafter. I am asking my doc to send me to physical therapy for 6 weeks so I will not injure myself or cause any internal damage...want to work up to being able to do the lifting.

ccamerine...do you still have your uterus? I think I have read that progesterone is used when you still have your uterus...I may be wrong. I hope your mood improves...I notice you went from .0375 to .075, perhaps you could do .050 and achieve a good result...worth asking.
Unread 09-06-2007, 10:54 AM

So hard to tell what's too much. And does the ache in the belly mean you've done too much.
I walk. And walk -- but everywhere I go there are hills. At home, at the cottage...so all my walking has been at an angle.
And I've assumed all along that a kettle wasn't 10 pounds -- so I've lifted.
I don't think you heal if you don't function. But, oh, such a fine line I'm finding.
Unread 09-06-2007, 11:22 AM

Do you still your ovaries? I do. My friend just asked if we would still ovulate. If we do, then maybe that is the pain. It doesn't feel like it though. The pain is different. I got the job and start part time tomorrow. I hope I can handle it. I am feeling twinges now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register