Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccamrine
Hi guys! Saturday I felt so good and almost normal. I did alot more than normal. Sunday I spent most of the day in bed, I was so tired. Today was half and half. Active this morning, napping in the afternoon. I have been gassy-still! What's up with that? My headaches aren't as bad as they were the first three weeks, so that's good. Maybe my hormones are leveling out. I thought vaginals were supposed to be a breeze, I can't imagine what it would be like to recover from an abdominal! I am still taking miralax everyday. Doc wants me on it for about four more weeks. I guess because of my rectocele repair. My husband got randy on me last night, wanted to put his hands "down there", I said "No way, I don't even put my own hands down there!" LOL! Anyway, ladies, keep writing, I love hearing how everyone else is doing. This site has been a lifesaver for me.
I had a vaginal also and thought things were supposed to move along quicker than they are. I have pressure and am generally achy all over. I guess along with everyone else I've taken the 2 steps forward, 1 step back today.........Keep smiling though we are on our way!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 06:02 PM

Yep, feeling very much like you. I am 46 and kept my ovaries after an abdominal bikini cut incision (over my old ceasar scar). Feeling pretty good and can't wait to get back to teaching bellydancing. My stomach has gone right down as I had a huge uterus (obstetrician called it grotesque!) - reminds me of Alien. One was pressing down on my bladder and my uterus was coming right up to my bellybutton. What a relief with it out. Yippee - no periods, sex without condoms, great bladder control. There are so many positives about this operation - thank God we live in an era where it is a relatively simple procedure. All will be well girls. Bad times do pass.

Traleedee
Unread 09-10-2007, 06:02 PM
4 week follow up went well

Hi Ladies,

how is everyone. my appt was today and it went well. Dr. said back to all normal activity, including work on 9/24. i asked about doing half days the first week and he said no, i shouldn't need to. i said how tired i get at about 12 or 1 pm and he said i will be tired for a long time to come, but upon examining, said everything is healing well. i was happy about that. it makes you feel better when the dr gives you confirmation that yes, you are healing, because as we all know, lots of times it does not feel like that.

he told me today that he found addtl endo on my intestines and recto sigmoid junction. GREAT !!! maybe down the road, i will need to do Lupron if it starts bothering me. but right now, since i'm not having any more endo pains, he said hold off. why do it unless i get sick again. i hope so bad that i'm not bothered ever again by this.

right now i'm a little sick to my stomach but it's my own fault. i also have a lactose intolerance and ate quite a bit of butter and forgot my lactaid. lately,i think i'd forget my head if it wasn't attached. it will pass in a few hours. i'll still put today down as a good one. i managed to take my dog for a walk by myself today. first time since the morning of my surgery. only went about 20 min though, did not want to over do it. will try again tomorrow. s to all of you and HAPPY HEALING !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 06:44 PM

Good to hear about your 4 week check up. We both had our surgeries on the 13th. My appointment is on Thursday. Had a really bad day today. I'm sure I did too much this past weekend. Back to having pain (not too severe though--just annoying) in the tummy.

This group has been a lifesaver to me, too.
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightnurse
After almost a month of no HRT I finally gave in today. I called my doc this morning when I got home from work and asked for a prescription. He put me on Premarin. I hope it works.

I'm glad he put you on something. It took a little over a week for the HRT to kick in enough that I noticed a difference. My doc said we may have to tweak the dosage a few times, but so far so good for me. Hope you have the same luck!
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:06 PM

So as i mentioned before in an earlier post we moved one week ago. DH started his new job and well as oposed to his previous job this is hard labor(says he loves it) any how,
The house as many of you may guess is a complete disaster. We have big garbage bags full of our clothing in the living room. I of course am being a good patient and not moving any of it. Well the DH could not find a pair of his shorts yesterday and got in a mood. Started in on me about why I was being soooo lazy and I could have at least tidied up a bit. Mind you the only thing that is not tidy is the living area. I have washed his clothed cooked him dinner every night and yes I have even calmed his urges!!!(no sex though) Oh it was ON! I gotta say I am a bit more easily angered now adays( have you experienced that?)
After all was yelled and screamed he apologized and told me he is just ready for the normal not tired and hormonal me to be back. I still cheeses me off a bit.
Thanks for leting me vent. I feel beter.
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:56 PM

Hi, I am at day 24 today, second day back at work full time and feel good. I have taken alot of flack for having a TAH, and going back to work, but being a hiker and walking from the git go has really made a difference for me stamina wise. Everything seems to loosen up and feel good when I walk and tighten up when I sit too long. I still hate driving.The drivers here are awful and I still put a little pillow in my lap under my seat belt. I can bend over great on one leg. Go figure. I am not picking up anything that is a no no. Today someone asked me about something in a 20lb box and I said, nope, can't go there. I feel so fortunate I am not dealing with HRT. I have no fatigue issues and sleep well at night. I did find that eating a lighter, low carb lunch did not make me sleepy in the afternoon. Now, this is funny. The hair is growing back and it is sensitive and it itches, so I know I can't go down the sidewalk scratching myself, but sometimes I sneak a scratch. Geez, it itches like crazy so I hope no one sees me when I sneak a scratch. or pull my granny underwear out of my crack. Is this bugging anyone else?
I have a feeling that when the neighborhood has its party in two weeks, I will be the lady identified as the walker, in the green drawsting pants, that scratches her crotch near the hedges, smells the new cedar fence, and pulls her underwear out of her butt. The hair growing back is so darn sensitive. I am still sore, but not overly sore and the only thing that needs an Aleve is an aching back shen I sit too long upright in a stiff chair. My belly is going down. I am in my fat clothes and out of total sweat pant world during the day. Then I come home and it is drawstring city.
This site has been wonderful. I love all the tips and encouragement, but reading the posts of folks going thru so much is tough, sick family members, cancer, bad set backs. There are a bunch of stong, incredible women on this site.
Unread 09-11-2007, 06:02 AM
One step forwards

Thanks again to all of you for the moral support...it's been so helpful! No one truly understands but those that have been through it all. Tomorrow is week 4 for me, and things would be going so well, if it wasn't for this fistula issue. Got a repeat on the antibiotics for that, and there has been a lot of improvement, but still in the bladder control pads, and changing often. That was a huge blow to the ego. I'm definitely not willing to live with that on a permanent basis. I see the urologist for a consult on Thursday, to discuss surgical repairs; that will set me back another 8 weeks. Had the total hysterectomy done/ovaries/uterus/everything. Swelly belly is something plaguing me too. I've been in "fat pants" since surgery, and put on jeans yesterday for a trial...that lasted 1/2 an hour! Feel wonderful, aside from the urine issue, but still tire easily. Walking or standing for an hour while shopping wears me right out, and I run home screaming for a nap or lie-down. It's funny how even sitting too long can be tiring still. My goal for this week is to build up my endurance, but plan to listen to my body if it complains too much. I keep having to remind myself that this is only the half way mark in my recovery. It's great to have this forum to vent when needed, and compare note. Hang in there!
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:27 AM
4 Weeks Post Op

i can't believe it has been 4 weeks already. i'm feeling pretty good again today. the weather here is so crappy today. pouring down rain. Good day for napping. i have a lunch date with my friend at noon, so that will be fun. i haven't seen her since i was in the hospital. i'm giving her my supply of Always pads today. it feels so liberating !! after lunch my mom and i might watch a movie "The Queen". has anyone seen it. i heard it is supposed to be pretty good. i think i'll just take it easy today. not much to do in weather like this.

s to all and keep forging ahead to recovery.
Unread 09-11-2007, 10:48 AM

Good to hear you are doing so well Davila! We had the same op TAH on the same day. I have been doing a little work over the last week and feel like I can handle it all this week. Working from home helps if I do need a break.

Like you, I am also very active and think that has contributed to my fast recovery! Maybe the cooling weather has helped too! And all the support and suggestion from our wonderful sisters has helped too!

You are right!! There are a lot of strong woman on this site dealing with difficult problems while trying to recover themselfs! I wish them all speedy and lasting recoverys!!

I am wondering why you are not suffering like the rest and not on HRT? I am older than you and have been on HRT for at least 5 years and didn't suffer any effects. What's your secret??

To answer you question from last week, all the (Smilies) flames and such, are in the advance tab and then click (More) on the right side for more options to add to your messages.

Sunday I hand water my whole yard and potted plants and then yesterday I feed everything. That took the whole day, but I would do one bottle and sit and do something for 30 minutes and then do another bottle. I don't do well for more than a hour straight on my feet.

Sounds like your work allows you not to carry more than you need too! Sitting at a desk to work is good for awhile, but I agree getting up and walking helps speed the recovery process!

I am avoiding housework as much as possible as my DH is retired and home with me. I am hoping he will do the today, now that it has finally cooled of over night! It has been weeks and with three cats, their hair is everywhere!

THanks to everyone again!! You are all special in your own ways!! Keep up the positive thoughts...it does get better!!

Plant Lady, 58 and feeling younger everyday!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register