Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 09-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

"The Queen" is interesting, if you are not familiar with the government of G.B. Just saw it for the first time last week on TV! Acting my Helen M. as the Queen is outstanding! I guess that is why she won the Academy award !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2007, 04:33 PM
4 Week Blues, Anyone?

I don't know - I guess I was hoping to feel a lot better by now. I'm still swollen, still sore, still tired.... can't bend to dry my feet after my shower, can't pick up my cats, can't get comfortable on my side at night -- I know, waah - waah... I should not complain when some of the other sisters are having icky complications, but I know you all will accept this in the spirit it is written -- happy to have had the surgery and to be done with the issues that made it the right thing to do, but SOOOOOOOOOOOO wanting to be "me" again.
Anybody else feeling a little blue? Anybody got some cheery words from a little further out to buck me up? Sigh.
Unread 09-11-2007, 04:45 PM

hi Zappo. i had my surgery the same day as you and was feeling pretty crappy for a few weeks. then all of sudden last Friday i woke up and felt a lot better. it was like a change happened overnight, literally. ever since then i've been having pretty good days. i hope it happens for you like that, it may just take a little while longer. for sleeping on your side, try putting a pillow between your legs. i read that suggestion here and it helped me a lot. it greatly cuts down on the pulling sensation on your incision. Good Luck !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Over did it

Well i over did it. 4 weeks post op and I went grocery shoping. I did make sure that all the bags were less than ten lb each. Baoy am feeling it now. All the groceries are still in the car until the kids get home. I am not taking them out. putting them in was enough. The rest of the week I think I will recline and watch movies.
Unread 09-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Forgot About Sock Puppet!

I forgot yesterday when I had my follow-up. I really owe a ton of thanks to you for the sock-puppet picture in my head of the vah-jay-jay!

My doc was talking about ligaments being tight and in place and without even thinking I said, "So the sock puppet is healing well?"

His wheelie stool took a wee bit of a slide and he hopped up and turned his back to me. I could see his shoulders shake and then he turned and looked at me with a straight face and sparkling eyes and said: "Yep. The sock puppet is tight and well." Then he chuckled and chuckled. The nurse at my head snorted and we all had a good laugh.

Being in stirrups is never fun, but sock-puppet imagery sure did make it seem painless! Thank goodness for the thoughts that are free to flow here!

Sunnie
Unread 09-11-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni1
I forgot yesterday when I had my follow-up. I really owe a ton of thanks to you for the sock-puppet picture in my head of the vah-jay-jay!

My doc was talking about ligaments being tight and in place and without even thinking I said, "So the sock puppet is healing well?"

His wheelie stool took a wee bit of a slide and he hopped up and turned his back to me. I could see his shoulders shake and then he turned and looked at me with a straight face and sparkling eyes and said: "Yep. The sock puppet is tight and well." Then he chuckled and chuckled. The nurse at my head snorted and we all had a good laugh.

Being in stirrups is never fun, but sock-puppet imagery sure did make it seem painless! Thank goodness for the thoughts that are free to flow here!

Sunnie
I am so glad that my kinda twisted image made for a bright spot in your day!
Thanks for sharing, too, it cheered me up!
Unread 09-11-2007, 05:50 PM

Thanks, friend. I know it is all going to get better - I just wish it were a swifter process! Glad you are feeling so well!
Unread 09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
surgery aug 14th

hello i had my surgery aug 14th , doing well but would like to be doing better, i have been using tred mill for one week but getting tired faster than i use too ,still get a little swelling if i do to much, but can do most everything i was doing before surgery, im trying to find out what exercises i can do at this point without creating any problems..
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:11 PM
impatience

I think today was my first day of real impatience about being home so much. But I know this is worth it overall. I will be at 4 weeks this Thursday. Sigh.....
Unread 09-11-2007, 11:09 PM

I hear ya Zappo! I am with you. I still can't sleep in the position I am used to. I wake up frequently because of hot flashes, just started Premarin (have only had 2 doses) so I'm hoping it will improve the hot flashes quickly. I'm still sore and still have intermittent pain in various places at various times. I keep comparing how I feel today with how I felt the week of surgery and I'm slowly improving, just have to get these crazy hot flashes under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
I don't know - I guess I was hoping to feel a lot better by now. I'm still swollen, still sore, still tired.... can't bend to dry my feet after my shower, can't pick up my cats, can't get comfortable on my side at night -- I know, waah - waah... I should not complain when some of the other sisters are having icky complications, but I know you all will accept this in the spirit it is written -- happy to have had the surgery and to be done with the issues that made it the right thing to do, but SOOOOOOOOOOOO wanting to be "me" again.
Anybody else feeling a little blue? Anybody got some cheery words from a little further out to buck me up? Sigh.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register