Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 09-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I had my 4 week checkup today

and it didn't go as planned. I have been sore and bleeding nonstop since day 11. I have now bought 5 packs of Kotex maxi pads (what's wrong with this picture!) I now know why. Apparently my sock puppet has an infection so I am now on 2 antibiotics to clear it up. He said my cuff had a rubbery texture to it and that it shouldn't be......so I asked if I could still work 1/2 days and he said yes as long as I go home when tired and get off of my feet. I go back in two weeks to see how things are progressing. Oh, and I had an internal and it hurt, but not to the point that it brought tears to my eyes. Good news , my mammogram was fine (I just went back on yearly exams, I was going every 6 months!) I know I will heal eventually and it is true you take two steps forward, one step back! We will get through this one step at a time. Hopefully these antibiotics will make me feel better and heal quicker. Thanks again for listening you all really do know what you are talking about!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

crafty glad to hear you are doing well. And once a year mamo yippy. I am still too young for them but my time will come. Sorry about your infection. I hope it clears up soon.
Unread 09-12-2007, 01:28 PM

Oh, buddy - I am sorry it wasn't what you'd hoped for today. At least it is getting solved now, though! I am freaked that I don't even see my surgeon until 6 1/2 weeks out from the surgery - who knows what's happening??!

Hang in there -- we are all in this together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Having a down day

Hiya again...I'm having a bit of a down day today. I'm not usually the type to wallow in it, but after feeling mostly so good, it's tough to have set backs. Today is the 4 week mark. Have had 2 days now of feeling like I've been hit by a bus...just no energy and tired, tired, tired! I wonder if those around me are getting tired of all this too, and just want the "real me" back! Last night I was up every 20 minutes with hot flashes, despite the hormones...it was hot....cold...hot...all night long. Also up at night 3 times for pad changes; the fistula thing seems to have taken a backslide despite the antibiotics. I was seeing a small improvement on that score, and now the dribbling is heavier again. Tomorrow is my "date" with the urologist, and not looking forward to that either. If I find out it will be a long wait for a surgical repair (2-3 months) I won't be very happy, partly because of the extra time off work needed. They are supportive at work about all this, but it just seems like a long time to wait. I don't even want to think about the catheter approach I've been reading about! Just need a big hug right now, and I'll be fine by morning. I'll keep you all posted what develops tomorrow. Also---on a sad note...my daughter who came from out west has been with me for a month, and will be heading home tomorrow too. Gonna miss her for sure!
Crafty23
Unread 09-12-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty23
Hiya again...I'm having a bit of a down day today. I'm not usually the type to wallow in it, but after feeling mostly so good, it's tough to have set backs. Today is the 4 week mark. Have had 2 days now of feeling like I've been hit by a bus...just no energy and tired, tired, tired! I wonder if those around me are getting tired of all this too, and just want the "real me" back! Last night I was up every 20 minutes with hot flashes, despite the hormones...it was hot....cold...hot...all night long. Also up at night 3 times for pad changes; the fistula thing seems to have taken a backslide despite the antibiotics. I was seeing a small improvement on that score, and now the dribbling is heavier again. Tomorrow is my "date" with the urologist, and not looking forward to that either. If I find out it will be a long wait for a surgical repair (2-3 months) I won't be very happy, partly because of the extra time off work needed. They are supportive at work about all this, but it just seems like a long time to wait. I don't even want to think about the catheter approach I've been reading about! Just need a big hug right now, and I'll be fine by morning. I'll keep you all posted what develops tomorrow. Also---on a sad note...my daughter who came from out west has been with me for a month, and will be heading home tomorrow too. Gonna miss her for sure!
Crafty23
I felt like that yesterday, too! Hot and cold, achy, tearful, awful headache -- just tired of feeling "not me" - I think we've all been there. Seems like a month out ought to be better, I know. Sorry you are facing more possible repairs -- and sorry your daughter is going home - I know the week I had with mine here was priceless. Hang in!
Unread 09-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Today? Tomorrow?

Afternoon ladies!

Yep. I had to "cowboy up" and put my feet in the stirrups at my follow-up. None of it hurt until the swab and I let him know it too! *G* Course the sock puppet comment kept him laughing.

Today was decompression day at my work. We went to a lovely restaurant overlooking the Potomac and it was lovely. However the Limo driver dropped us at the WWII Memorial and then again at the Albert Einstein Memorial. Can you say not ready to play tourist? Heck, I'm not ready to be a passenger in DC traffic!

Tomorrow I'm teaching first aid to my company's superintendents meeting. Told them there was no way they were getting CPR from me yet. Still don't know if I'm up to it, but we'll see. One thing I have going for me is they are a great group of guys and I know they'll help as needed. Class shouldn't be more than a few hours.

Hang in there and enjoy what you can do! What we can't do shall be done soon enough. Sometimes I feel like a two year old screaming "ME DO" and I know "ME CAN'T"~!

Have a great evening!
Unread 09-12-2007, 04:30 PM

Yesterday was week 4 for me. I had a bowel movement late this afternoon and had to strain a little, when I wiped I had some blood, possibly from my rectocele repair. It scared me. I called the Dr's office and they said I was probably fine, but to rest. Scared me. I have a headache too. I noticed when I pee'd it burned right at the end, anybody else have that? If I'm not feeling any better tomorrow I'm going to see if the Dr can see me.
Unread 09-12-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccamrine
Yesterday was week 4 for me. I had a bowel movement late this afternoon and had to strain a little, when I wiped I had some blood, possibly from my rectocele repair. It scared me. I called the Dr's office and they said I was probably fine, but to rest. Scared me. I have a headache too. I noticed when I pee'd it burned right at the end, anybody else have that? If I'm not feeling any better tomorrow I'm going to see if the Dr can see me.
I had pain at the end when I peed for weeks! My Dr had me give a sample at the lab and it was negative. However, yours sounds like burning associated the infection, when I had that!

You better get it checked out!!
Unread 09-12-2007, 07:27 PM

good evening from ohio.....4 weeks post op and I returned to work today for three hours.........next week I plan to go for four hours a day.....tired when I got home....but it was mostly mentally tired. everyone was talking to me at the office......and I really could not focus on all their details......
hoping my empathy skills return soon!!!

I love reading your posts...........and I pray for each of you who are struggling......I wish you all lived a few miles from me so that we could visit!!! lol

I have my post op on friday and I am very relaxed after reading everyone's stories about the post op exam not being the worst thing to handle.

I am feeling very blessed............I seem to have crused through this full removal of mine.............one more step with the pathology report coming on friday.............

my biggest problem has been that in 4 full weeks, I've NEVER WON THE FINAL SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN!!!!! how in the heck did I ever get to be 49 years old..........without knowing the prices of so many items!!!!
I never want to watch Dawson's Creek again........I don't care what happens with Joey and Pacy.
I hope that Ellen, Oprah and Dr. Phil are just as good on TIVO.

and I have sworn off poached eggs on toast!!!

but I will be here for any of you at any time.......
thinking of getting more involved with this site and staying on long after my recovery is over.

anyone can reach me with email at [email protected].....

my best to each of you.................
keep walking...............and keep those mental skills sharp............
Unread 09-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Budda Belly

So, today makes 4 weeks post-op for me. I can't believe how fat my stomach still feels. It's like I have air pumped into my belly. And the area just below the bulge aches at the end of the day. Now that the incisiions are better, I decided to start wearing a modernized girdle- one of those slimming pairs of lycra shorts to wear under my clothes. I still feel fat, but for some reason I fdon't have the achiness near my pelvic after a dear of wearing the girdle. Anyone else? What are you doing to deal with it? Ideas on how ong this budda belly is going to last?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register