Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 09-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Good News .... FINALLY!!!

It's been a little while since I've really posted. I'm doing well and finally got the good news of not having to have any further treatment at this time for stage 1b1 cervical cancer.

As far as recovery, I've been doing fairly well. I have a tendency to push myself and always have been that way. I can certainly tell when I'm doing that now.

I read about everyone going back to work and wish I could go with you!!! I was put on lay off status (I volunteered since I knew I was having surgery, better to let someone else keep their job) the 1st of August but now wish I had a job to go back to! I'm 27 and have worked since I was 18. This is totally new to me. My 3 kids (8,7 and 6) are loving that I'm a "stay home mom" as they call it. It's driving me crazy! I work in HR as well as some others here and am thinking I may go ahead and start seeking a new position. The bad part is that in addition to going crazy sitting at home, I am also loving being able to drop kids off and pick them up from school, getting in a few extra hours a day with them, and that sort of thing. It's certainly an inward battle on this one.

Is anyone else experiencing strange changes in their skin and/or hair? I've never had blemishes, pimples, acne... My facce can't seem to stop breaking out... Not bad, just a pimple here and there, but seems like I have to have at least 2 or 3 at one time!!! My hair is also oily and that's never happened to me before. I'm wondering if it's just due to hormone changes from hyster or if it's possibly from my depo wearing off but that doesnt make any sense to me either b/c my next shot wasn't due until beginning of October?!?!

I thought I was over the gas pains until last night. I guess I ate something that set that off and it was HORRIBLE all night.

Sorry so long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

I'm so happy you don't have to have any more treatments!!!! Hugs to you and your recovery!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:20 AM
5 weeks

I am also at 5 weeks today.
I have had insomnia so bad these last few days but last night I can't remember when my head hit the pillow. Before I knew it it was already time to wake the kids up. My mom told me to take magnesium powder(yes the one you take to have BM'S) Apperantly it has a calming effect. I tell you it worked. I took it about 20 mnutes before laying down. I will be taking it again tonight. As a result this is the first morning I wake up with no pain. Amazing what a little rest can do.

My hair has als become greasier. I used to only wash it every 3 days and now I have to every day. I have frizzy hair and it just means more work.

Take care all sending your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2007, 11:54 AM

Just over 4 weeks for me. some days feel sooo good and then all of a sudden feel sore, tired and swollen. Must admit though am back doing most of everything, hubby works away and have a 14 and 10 yr old and a 6 month old german pointer dog quite big so everything that goes with that am doing, ironing, hoovered today, cleaned the bathroom, etc etc. Dog walking. Have put 6lbs on since op and nurse tells me thats nothing! Well it is to me! will walk faster with dog. sometimes wonder if its wise but then again I think I have to get on with it don't I?
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:07 PM

kefalonia- I am with you. I feel good for a day or two then I feel bad. Last night I slept in my basement where it's dark and didn't wake until my teen daughters needed lunch money. Then I went back to sleep till 10:45! I hurt on both sides today. Weird to me. Oh well. Here's to all of us with our problems. Have a great Tuesday all.
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:54 PM

Ushmush, stay in bed, sleep at late as you can!

I bit the bullet today and started back to half days to work. It's gotten much darker at 6 a.m. now than it was mid August! I'd been ironing, cooking, doing laundry, cleaning, etc., at home so thought I was ready to give it a go. Well, by 10 a.m. the lightheaded feeling started and by 11 a.m. my butt was dragging. Think it's about time for a nap. Apparently, really having to concentrate on something is a little more draining that the putzing around I'd been doing last week. Caught me a little offguard. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow goes a little better.

Razorback fan, so glad for your good news. Sure that's a weight off your mind. Understand your mixed feeling about work, I was lucky enough to work part time when my kids were that age. It was wonderful. Good luck sorting it all out.
Unread 09-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Ode to my Sweatpants!

Hey Ladies,

Hello from my little portion of the Eastern Panhandle!

RazorbackFan (Tiffany) I'm thrilled for you! How exciting! I hope some of the other ladies here get news that's just as sweet!

Those of you who are hitting the teen years again....I'm jealous! Oh to have greasy hair and pimples...and of course to know what I know now. LOL My parents would both be bald!

Now to my sweat pants. I live on a mountain and the last few mornings it's been down right chilly, so I pulled out the jeans! By the time I home at 5:30 I'm stripping before I even make it through the door! Well jeans and swelly belly have a cure-all. I call them my sweats!

Ode to My Sweat Pants
by Sunni

Sweat pants are glorious;
Oh yes they are.

The End!
Unread 09-18-2007, 04:43 PM

Razorback!
Three cheers for ya! Great news!!
Unread 09-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Almost back to work

Hi Ladies,

I haven't posted on here yet. I will be 5 weeks this Thursday TAH and very worried about going back to work. I am trying to go for 3 walks around the block daily, and have quite a bit of pain and the end of the day & swelly belly. My back is killing me. I am still sleeping in the recliner - more comfortable. The insomnia - have been suffering for 1 year now - it is only worse, keep waking in night sweats. I am going to try to go back to work next Monday - see how the day goes. I have been working a couple hours a day since week one on my lap top (tough job to leave behind). They are really great to me though. I am enjoying the time home & plan on sitting out in the sun the rest of the week. What a great September. At least I will go back to work with a tan.
Unread 09-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I've Been Lurking

Hi to everyone

I've been lurking for the past 4 weeks or so. Thanks to all of you who have shared your experiences. It has made it so much easier for me to know that some of the stuff I'm going through is normal . I've also hit a bump in the road. I was really feeling that I was healing well and was feeeling pretty good and I've just recently started having hot flashes (no HRT yet) and feeling totally exhausted after doing totally nothing. I'm also having more pain than I was last week. My swelly belly is worse and I can't wear anything but loose fitting dresses. (even my pre-surgery sweats are uncomfortable)
I know this will pass and I have my post-op appt with my wonderful doc on Friday, but I guess I just needed to vent and didn't want to whine to my very understanding family again. I'm usually not much of a joiner and have never posted to a group before, so if I don't follow the right protocol etc, please educate me.

Thanks for being here!

Elise

TVH, BSO, cystocele, rectocele Aug 17, 2007

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register