Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 09-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Redhot, I hope all goes well and your treatment is successful.

I had a moment just now!!
I wiped after peeing and there on the paper was something that had a worm like shape. I freaked a little !!!!On closer inspection it was a stitch. I hadn't seen one before. I couldn't stop laughing at myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted38
Good Luck to you RedHot Priss Pot. Let us know how you make out.

Well it's early Saturday morning and all are sleeping in the house (except for me of course).

Is anyone still very itchy around their incision? Mine seems to get very itcy if I walk around too much. Does this mean I am doing too much?

Is anyone else heading back to work this week?
hi Busted38.

i'm going back to work this coming monday and i'm getting nervous about it. feeling anxious about getting back into that routine. i still get soooooo tired during the day, i can't imagine making it thru 8 hours at work. the anticipation is killing me.
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:51 PM

I went back to work on monday 5 weeks after me surgery.
I had a LAVH and a bladder repair. I'm a Hair dresser so I stand all day. I was fine but exhasted. I can't believe how tired I still get. I still have the swelly belly at night when I get home with a little pain in my back and belly. I'm not looking forward to next week I think I jumped back into work to soon. I started having discharge this week also I haven't had that yet. It smells bad and I had to start wearing pads again. It really botherd me so I called my Dr.
she said that it was normal I just hope I don't stink for long. She didn't tell me why this is happening. I guess it is just cleaning everything out. I don't see her until Oct. 3 I'm just ready to get back to normal Whatever that is.
Good luck to everyone having problems at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2007, 10:00 PM

It's interesting how docs do things different. I had a 2-week post-op follow up and that was it. I had my surgery on Aug. 13th. I couldn't take the hot sweatiness anymore, one month later I started on Premarin. I was tired of feeling like a sweat hog and having to stop and wipe sweat every 30 mins and waking up every 1.5 while I was trying to sleep. I turned into a clock wather and would get anxious every time the 30-minute mark would roll around. I wish I had called sooner. I took my first pill at 7 PM while sitting in the pharmacy drive-thru. It was a few hours later when I noticed I had gone an hour without a hot flash.
After a few days I noticed the hot flashes didn't last the usual sweaty and damp 3 minutes but lasted only a minute. And no sweaty, damp back and forehead. And better yet, no chills afterward. I am now coming up on two weeks and have noticed I only have one or two very mild hot flashes in the evening ( Ii still try to stick to the 7 PM pill taking time) and tend to have them more frequently around 8 or 9 am. But they are NOTHING like they used to be. I can concentrate so much better and don't watch the clock with dread anymore. The only side effects I have noticed are occasional nausea ( doesn't happen every day with every dose for me) and headaches. Can't say for sure the headaches are completely due to the Premarin as I had them often years before surgery.
I hope things balance out for you soon.

And to all those with bigger trials and tribulations our thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselise
I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how long it takes to start feeling relief from menopausal symptoms and what if any side effects anyone has had on either of these medications.

mooselise
48years old
TAH, BSO, Burch, paravaginal defect repair
uterosacral ligament vaginal vault suspension
cul-de-sac obliteration
Unread 09-22-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheaton1996
Redhot, I hope all goes well and your treatment is successful.

I had a moment just now!!
I wiped after peeing and there on the paper was something that had a worm like shape. I freaked a little !!!!On closer inspection it was a stitch. I hadn't seen one before. I couldn't stop laughing at myself.
LOL......thanks for the warning! I haven't seen a stitch yet. One day I thought I got a glimpse of something *foreign* going down after flushing, but not sure.

Blessings,

Brenda
Unread 09-22-2007, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheaton1996
I wiped after peeing and there on the paper was something that had a worm like shape. I freaked a little !!!!On closer inspection it was a stitch. I hadn't seen one before.
I had my TAH the same day as you so now I'm on stitch-watch too.
Gotta love this site....absolutely no secrets.
Cheers.
Unread 09-23-2007, 12:58 AM

Thanks wheaton, Now I know what to look for and not freak out when I see it.

RedHot, I am so glad you are getting the treatment you need. Possative thougths. And know that our prayers are with you.
Unread 09-23-2007, 06:35 AM

I haven't seen any sign of dissolving stitches either, but I'm off to the Hospital on Tuesday for my 6 week checkup so I guess I will hear if there are any left to go! I have felt a bit "blue" the last couple of days, it doesn't take a lot to make me feel a bit teary which isn't really like me. I think however well we handly the op and the aftermath it is still a stressful experience and we can't expect everything to get back to normal overnight. My uterine cancer diagnosis was probably the most frightening thing that has ever happened to me and although I am extremely fortunate to have caught it early and will require no further treatment, it still has shaken me up...To family, friends and workmates I think I would appear to be getting back to "normal" and I suppose I am, but it is only on this site that I really do believe similar experiences bind us together and we each have real empathy for each other. Have a great week ladies. It's all good....
Unread 09-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Stictch Watch!

AKKKK!

Still half asleep this morning and when I made the first run to the bathroom I admit to doing a double take.

I wiped and it was kinda orangish-purple! AKKK! Clean t.p., more wiping....god! I'm dying! Deep cleansing breath. Think...think. Oh yeah. Dissolving stitches! Then again could have been the champagne/lime-aid spriters I was sipping last evening. Don't say yuck until you've tried it.

So now that the heart is working just fine and I'm all alert and such. Think I'm going to go spend my gift card and tackle Target on a Sunday! I can survive that wake-up call, I can do anything today!

Now I related that story to the BF and he was "not amused" at all. (Stuff still scares him more than a little bit) But here...here I can laugh with those who've "Been there; done that. Got the t-shirt"~!

Have a lovely week sisters!

Sunni
Unread 09-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Hyster Sisters is the best!

You are truly a remarkable bunch of ladies on this Post. Wow, some of things we have all tackled are amazing. I really thought I was going to be back up & working after 2-3 weeks, and was I wrong. It's good to know this group is all at the same stage.

I have always carried the motto "look better, feel better". I have been one who gets up & showered everyday (sometimes make-up), I am on a mission. I get tired, but at least it does make me feel better.

There are a few of us heading back to work tomorrow - we'll fill you in how it goes. I have been fortunate to have a great job, and they are very understanding. I work for a Pharmacy/Home Health Care Centre, they have sent over some reachers, obus formes, pillows, etc. My boss has even offered to buy me a new chair, whatever I need to be comfortable. They also have given me strict instructions, if I need to leave 1/2 days to go home. What a great bunch.

I have truly been blessed by very caring people this whole time. This website and all of you are amazing people.

My thoughts & prayers are with all of you who are still seeking treatment & surgery - hang on with your positive attitudes, it does wonders.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register