Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 68 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks Hyster Sisters!!

I also agree I am really glad to have found this site. After reading all the other posts regarding pimples & oily hair I know I am not alone. I feel like I am in my second Puberty, it was bad enough the first time!!! Hopefully this too shall pass with time. I am also waiting to see signs of dissolving sutures, my DH is getting impatient for my 6 wks to be over, but I am still very apprehensive to resume "all normal" activites. I have my 6 wk post op this Friday, hopefully she Dr will relieve some of my anxiety. Thanks to all my Hyster Sisters... you make the journey much easier!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Back to the grind!

Well All, I went back to work today, wow - I left at 1:15 today too Ushmush. I thought I was going to fall asleep, and in alot of pain. I came home and iced my belly (very itchy right now). Is anyone else like this?

I did all the things that needed to be done at work (payroll main thing). Everyone was so kind & supportive (maybe the bribe with the donuts this morning). My DH is very upset with me for going back to work early (he knows how stubborn I am), I'm afraid to let him know how much pain I am in.

Ushmush - I hope your dad is coming along. Day 2 coming up, I will try to make it to 2:00 tomorrow.

My pain has come back strong the last couple of days - anyone experiencing this. I thought I would be better instead of worse.

Another day, another
Unread 09-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
So, what are you asking the doc at your 6 week appts?
What are you coming home WISHING you'd asked?
I have mine Thursday and know I will not think of
at least 5 great questions --- help me out, sisters!
Zappo,

Check out the 5-6 week checkpoints on here. It has a whole list of questions to ask the Doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted38
Zappo,

Check out the 5-6 week checkpoints on here. It has a whole list of questions to ask the Doctor.
Yep - I got those down.
Just figured you all would have come up with some really great ones
that I would love to ask, too!
Unread 09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Keep us posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushmush
first day back and i only lasted from 8 am to 1 15 pm, but not for the obvious reasons. my dad was taken to the hospital today w/a bad case of pnumonia (i'm sure spellings is not right). before i found that out, i was toying w/the idea of leaving early anyway just from sheer exhaustion, but then once my mom called me, i was gone. he is doing a lot better than when they first brought him in, but i am worried because he is older and also has black lung from rock dust. so , i will shoot for doing a full day at work tomorrow. i hope it's a better day. pain wise i was pretty good though. brought a pillow from home and sat with it on my belly. main complaint was totally wiped out tiredness. i'm off to lay down now and try to relax. hope you are all doing well today.

Laughed when I saw the hours you worked today. I came and left work at the exact same times!

Good luck with your Dad and the pneumonia. I know what a health battle that can be. My Dad was a heavy smoker so had COPD and had three very severe bouts with pneumonia . It's such a nasty illness. Keep us posted on your Dad's and your own recoveries.
Unread 09-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Swelly Belly @ the Table

Hey Ushmush, I hope your dad is recouping well and the added stress doesn't hamper your own healing. Good luck!

Well we got our occupancy cert today and we celebrated by going out to lunch . Nothing fancy, just the PGA grill.
I'm guessing that my fooling around with the champagne really got to me. I'm a zaftig woman (love saying that word!) and I normally fit just fine in the booths with room to spare. Today I slide in with my 5 male teammates and all of a sudden my belly is kissing the table. My girls are grazing the tabletop.
I try to push it away, but it's bolted to the floor. We play chair roulette and I try the other side of the booth. Same thing. Finally I take the chair on the side of the booth.
Well I also am recovering from a DVT in my right leg. I must keep it elevated every chance I get. So I put it against the pole that's bolting the table to the floor.
All of a sudden, my butt is sliding across the floor in the chair. (Terrazzo flooring is wayyyyy smooth!) I pull myself closer and slide away again. Pull and slide. Finally one of my guys grabs my leg. Puts it on his knee and tells me to "Stay". The chair is so slippy on the floor that I'm still sliding away and he's holding my foot to anchor me to the table. Just picture the one foot pull/push to get back to the table!
Is it possible to be humiliated, amused and happy all at the same time?
Unread 09-24-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
So, what are you asking the doc at your 6 week appts?
What are you coming home WISHING you'd asked?
I have mine Thursday and know I will not think of
at least 5 great questions --- help me out, sisters!
Zappo,

That is exactly what I have been trying to organised. I list of questions I have these questions in my head, I forget to write them down and then they are gone I Know what my DH is going to ask

I also have my visit on Thursday.
I am craving a long hot bubble bath, so i am going to ask about that.
I am also going to ask about wearing thongs, i had some other repair work done.
I want to ask about how often I go back for checkups, now that I don't have a cervix. Also how often do my ovaries get checked and how ?

just a few thoughts.
Unread 09-24-2007, 06:09 PM

I go for my 6 week checkup tomorrow evening. I have the same questions on my list. The main ones are How do you know if I am healed or not?
How many stitches do I have left?
How long will I be swollen?
When can I have sex?
Can I go swimming and get in hot tub?
Can I start an exercise program? (This one is really important for me as I am determined to get in the best shape I've been in for awhile and I would also like to lose around 20lbs.)
Am I cleared for all activities?
what are my lifting restrictions if any?
What about my emotions and feelings after this surgery? What is normal? What is not? The only time I seem really out of sorts is when I'm tired, then I cry
Do you recommend vitamins, calcium and how much?
Do I need a pap now that my cervix is gone?
Do I schedule a yearly checkup from now on?

A lot of these I got off of this site!!! I hope I'm not forgetting anything!!!
Unread 09-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafte
I go for my 6 week checkup tomorrow evening. I have the same questions on my list. The main ones are How do you know if I am healed or not?
How many stitches do I have left?
How long will I be swollen?
When can I have sex?
Can I go swimming and get in hot tub?
Can I start an exercise program? (This one is really important for me as I am determined to get in the best shape I've been in for awhile and I would also like to lose around 20lbs.)
Am I cleared for all activities?
what are my lifting restrictions if any?
What about my emotions and feelings after this surgery? What is normal? What is not? The only time I seem really out of sorts is when I'm tired, then I cry
Do you recommend vitamins, calcium and how much?
Do I need a pap now that my cervix is gone?
Do I schedule a yearly checkup from now on?

A lot of these I got off of this site!!! I hope I'm not forgetting anything!!!
Great list, Crafte.
I go Wednesday and will ask these as well as:
can I have regular checks for ovarian cancer
and
a prescription for vaginal estrogen cream.

I'm thinking you'll be cleared for hot tub and swimming. i was told it was okay three weeks post op.
Unread 09-24-2007, 06:47 PM

Thanks guys I will be going for my check up on Wednesday.

Those ???'s will come in handy.

Oh ya I got my first wiggly stitch today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register