Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 08-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Ushmush!

There's a downpayment on a better day. It's hard I know to pull yourself up out of the dumps. It's okay to mourn your loss. Grieve for it. Give yourself limits if that helps. Allow yourself 15 minutes to wallow in it - set a timer if you have to then cry, moan, and holler all you want. Then when the timer goes off you're done. Go read a book, shuffle around your house, call friends or family, write a letter that's long over due, send out those thank-you's for the help for the last week.

Mostly, just hang in there. We all woke up on the right side of the dirt today and we get another chance to try again. No we may not get it right, but we can have some wicked fun trying!

Sunni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Well I am getting ready to go see my dr for the path report, I am kinda in the dumps about it. I am still having some pain and problems sleeping hopefully I'll get some answers today. Today is a blah day for me I just wanna cry but I guess that will wait till after my appt. I'll post about my results later. Hugs to all, hope all is well for all.
Unread 08-22-2007, 01:08 PM
im kind in the dumps too

My fiancee just had to go to work, and i cried about it, i feel like a baby, but all i wanted is for him to be here today and its not his fault i just hate it, i think it might be the weather here thats bothering my moods, it was sunny and warm yesterday and i was great, now its cloudy and rainy and im sad and upset.My hormones are all outta wack, and i feel like yuck for some reason im hurting today so i took a painpill a little while ago and im thinkin its nap time soon.well you all have a great day and keep us posted on your recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 01:19 PM
TAH on Aug 17th

I'm 5 days post-op and finally feeling like getting online to post. My surgery went as planned (TAH kept the ovaries) except for some unexpected adhesions. I knew I had adhesions based on my 2 c-sections but the doctor said that beside the fibroids that we were removing, the large masses that were on the ultrasound ended up being adhesions rather than the large fibroids.

He said that my uterus had "folded over" and adhered to the abdominal muscle wall with adhesions -- thick adhesions. He told my husband he had to get out the electric scalpel to cut through them all. He said that every time I did a sit-up or exercised that area I was just aggravating those muscles and adhesions, causing pain. Who knew!?

Anyway, I'm trying to take it easy...but it's not easy. My parents go home tomorrow and I'll have the kids taking care of me during the day (8 & 6 yo). Should be interesting!
Unread 08-22-2007, 03:20 PM
6 days post-op

So far it's been a pretty good day. My kids have an event at their school tonight "unpack your book bag", so I am going to that. I've had NO pain meds today. We'll see if that is still the case when we get home!

I did a little work from home & it felt good to be a little productive. My boss hired a temp to do some of my job that absolutely HAS to get done while I am gone. But I said that I could do some of the other stuff from my laptop while sitting in bed.

I'm looking forward to driving. Tomorrow will be one week & since I'm no longer taking the narcotics for pain, the doc said I could take small trips. We'll see how that goes.

I hope all my sisters are doing well!
Unread 08-22-2007, 04:17 PM
thank you for all the encouragment

thanks for all the encouragement. it is really helpful to me to know that i am not the only woman out there going thru this.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni1

There's a downpayment on a better day. It's hard I know to pull yourself up out of the dumps. It's okay to mourn your loss. Grieve for it. Give yourself limits if that helps. Allow yourself 15 minutes to wallow in it - set a timer if you have to then cry, moan, and holler all you want. Then when the timer goes off you're done. Go read a book, shuffle around your house, call friends or family, write a letter that's long over due, send out those thank-you's for the help for the last week.

Mostly, just hang in there. We all woke up on the right side of the dirt today and we get another chance to try again. No we may not get it right, but we can have some wicked fun trying!

Sunni
Unread 08-22-2007, 06:13 PM

Hi, don't know if you are responding to anyone in particular. I'm sorry to hear you are still feeling down in the dumps. I hope that goes away soon. I can only speak for myself when I say I am doing quite well. Still having lower pelvic area pain, mostly worse in the evening after moving around all day. You'll bounce back soon, keep your chin up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushmush
how are you doing today. i am kind of down in the dumps today. i feel like a blob. i am taking this surgery harder than i thought i would. i know in the long run i will end up feeling a lot better and glad i did it, but right now that seems like a very far away day.
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:22 PM

Don't fret Plutnion. I feel better than day 3, but by no stretch of the imagination am I having an easy time. I kept wondering why I was still struggling, and today I figured it out. I've had 9 surgeries (7, abdominal, 2 heart) in the past 12 years. I have no stomach muscles left to fight with LOLOLOLOL. Oh the joys of being a woman.!! But this is just me. Some people are more tolerant of pain, and discomfort than others. Everyone will heal at there own pace. Just cuz I went back to cheerleading practice this week for my daugter, doesn't mean that I'm doing well. It just means that I can stand in small doses at a time, and pay for it later. No jumps or anything, just teaching the girls hand motions. You will find your niche in stages just like all of us! Hug yourself you deserve it. BTW I have BIG BIG BIG trouble with BM's also. I too have IBS and fell your pain! Get correctol laxatives. I took them 3 days post op and feel much better. It still hurts to go, but at least I can go on my own. My system will work it just needs a jump start. Just like a battery on a car!! LOL-Good luck girl!

C-
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:55 PM

I have 2 pretty good days in a row but who knows what will be tomorrow. I know some sisters are having a harder time but I thinks it has do with the type of surgery you had, I am still taking pain meds 2x daily. I push myself to get better and everyone will get better some take time. My surgery was 9 days ago and the first week I was ready to give up. With time we will all heal, just keep your chins up. I had a TLH/RSO due to severe bleeding and cramping and overian cysts. I am more pain free now than I have been in 8 years, I do not regret any of this and wish now I would have done it 4 yrs ago.
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:25 PM

Okay, here goes! I had a vh on 8-13 and have been feeling pretty well up until today. I quit my pain meds 3 days after surgery but kept taking my ibuprofen. I think I over did it today. Have more pain on the left side and am feeling very weepy. Maybe because I am also taking my youngest to college tomorrow! Feeling a little older!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register