Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 88 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 10-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Teamwork

Hello Ladies,

It's been a few days since I posted. We went away to the Great Wolf Lodge for by DD's 13th Birthday. What a Treat! I spent alot of time in the hot tub. Both girls had their friends with them.

Crafty - My heart goes out to you right now. Stay strong & remember all your hyster sisters are pulling for you. I would definately put some pressure on your Doctors to straighten this out for you. They really can't leave you hanging like this.

Remember - there will be a time where you can put this all behind you.

My incision is pink, not as sore any more. It still gets swollen by the end of the day, or when I'm on my feet alot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Almost 10 Weeks Already?!?

Hey, Gang.

Finished my first week back at work full-time and it kicked my you-know-what! The C.O.O. at work asked how I was feeling and I said "It's great to feel well enough to be able to manage stressful 14 hour days at work again!" I think the sarcasm might have been missed... By Thursday night, I was asleep before 9:30 PM! Unbelievable. I still have the big-time swelly belly by day's end and things still ping and sting now and again - but by and large, not too bad. I always had digestive issues, and so the return of heartburn and the like is not unexpected, but annoying.
In any case, every day brings us another 24 hours of healing. I hope you all who are still having lingering issues get them resolved soon!!!!

Hugs, Zappo
Unread 10-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Well hope everyone is doing good. Hard to belive how good everything has been going for me. I am having some swelly belly at night but I am back to work full force, it has been really noticable the last 2 weeks. I got the flu but overcame that, I am not doing to bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Mellow Yellow

Anyone else feeling very mellow - I have never felt this mellow in a long time, I feel so good. I contribute it to the massive loss of blood over time. I think this is what normal is - it's been so long.

It's good to be back!
Unread 10-27-2007, 02:24 PM

I also feel very mellow. Thought it was just me, glad to know I have some company. I am still not back to work. I am scheduled to return Nov 8th. Not looking forward to that date.
Unread 10-27-2007, 09:22 PM
It's sooooo quiet!!!

So hard to believe we were once a 15 to 20 day posting group! I guess that's a good thing, means everyone is getting back to normal, right?

I too am feeling very mellow. I was thinking the other day about all of the little aches and pains and strange things that haven't happened since my hyster. Amazing how much better I feel only such a short time later. I'm so glad I did this!

Things are picking up for me as well. No further treatment was needed for my cervical cancer. I am keeping all others in my thoughts as they endure treatments.

I also JUST started a "new business". I will be doing direct sales of a certain product. (I think we can't advertise here...?) I'm loving the products and feeling like a princess all over again using them! I'm working part time doing some web design and some marketing for the same company. I'm hoping my lay off goes through the holidays b/c I'm feeling so great I know I will be getting (according to husband already am...) in the holiday spirit full force this year!

Hope everyone else is doing great and moving right along in recovery.
Unread 10-27-2007, 10:37 PM

If I didn't have a zillion stressful things going on in my life, I'm sure I would qualify as mellow. I commented to someone yesterday that surgical menopause is NOTHING like I feared. I guess it's because I am 52. Or better yet, my higher power surely let me off the hook. I have had hot flashes, but nothing I can't handle.

This surgery was a Godsend. Even though I am having rad tx, it's going good. I still have swelly belly but then I always did.

Yes, it's hard to believe that just a short time ago, I was posting frantically about any and everything.....what to take to the hospital......gas pains, when could I sleep on my stomach.....etc.....

Hugs to all,
Unread 10-27-2007, 10:52 PM

We must be back to normal busy lives....but I have to say it's nice to see sisters posting again. This site and group sustained so many of us through such an intense period. I'll miss it.
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:10 AM

Hello again sisters! Nice to see some new posts again, and am so happy for all those back into a "normal" life.

My incontinence issues continue, 10 days after the catheter came out, and a full 4 weeks after my bladder repair surgery.....fixed one problem (the fistula)...and another crops up. I am doing my Keigals like a demon, hoping that will eventually help resolve the issue. The "good" news is...at least I'm dripping the "normal" way (if that can be considered good), but it is still bad enough that I'm changing heavy bladder pads 6-8 times a day, and sometimes soaking through those. I never had those issues before any surgery.

I have a call in to my Uologist, who is supposed to call me back tomorrow, to touch base on his opinion of all this, and whether it might resolve before I'm slated to go back to work on Nov. 19th. At this point, I can't see myself being on my feet all day at work, and running to the bathroom every 15 minutes. It's not an issue when I just sit, or when I sleep, but the second I stand up to walk, there's trouble. I had one very good day on Friday, and was thrilled that maybe the Keigals were helping, and then yesterday, it was back to the same old thing! I was so disappointed.

Otherwise, I feel great...no aches or pains at all since the catheter came out, which is a huge relief. I'm going to ask the doctor for the go ahead to start exercising again, since it's been 4 weeks since my repair surgery....losing a big chunk of weight will be my next goal. I've probably put on 10 pounds in the last 2.5 month, despite not having an appetite, just from sitting around and waiting to heal.

A big bouquet goes out to each one of you, for being my emotional support through all this. Thank you so much!
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Date Clubs?

Can someone diret me how to find where to post for dates aug 13-20? I am notified when a new post appears, thats how i found this, but i cannot locate on my own to just read posts or to start a new one?
Thanks for your help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register