Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 95 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 12-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Thanks as always for the support Morahlyn. I'm doing my best to stay upbeat, as the doctor keeps assuring me that this IS 100% "fixable." On a bad day though, I just wonder "when?" The only thing I'm not too happy about is that this whole thing has taken a good chunk out of my year! (and my "normal" life). I woke up this morning to 24" of snow overnight, and yet in my head, it's still mid-August (when this first all started)...I haven't mentally been able to make that transition into winter yet. Luckily, my grown son lives with me, and I've been leaning on him heavily. There won't be ANY snow shovelling in my winter for me this year at all!

I go for my pre-op appointment this Tuesday, and then into surgery again the following Monday. PLEASE---let this work this time!

Crafty23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Wishing You Nothing But Smooth Sailing and Success Tomorrow!

Carfty --

I've been thinking of you all week and wanted to let you know that I will send you all sorts of positive thoughts tomorrow. I hope this is the last surgery and that it does the trick this time, too! Hang in there, take it easy (which can't be simple - you have got to be champing at the bit to be back to normal after all this time!), and please let us know how you are when you can do so!

Hugs,

Zappo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty23
Hi girls...

I had another scope done last Thursday, and chose to have Option 3--another full abdominal surgery to fix the problem. The doctor put me on a high priority cancellation list, and they called Monday to tell me I'm booked for December 10th.

I am relieved that the date came up so quickly, and jumped at it, when it was offered! I scrambled the afternoon of that call, and got about 80% of my Christmas shopping done, and have had my cards written up, stamped and ready for mailing about 3 weeks ago already. Now the push will be on, to clean the house thoroughly and put up the tree, and have the gifts wrapped in the next week or so, while I am still feeling good.

The doctor said my recovery time will be much like with the hysterectomy...perhaps a bit easier, since there is no organ removal and therefore less blood loss. I'll need the catheter in for a week or two following that, but am prepared to face it down, when the time comes, and just deal with it! He says to expect 3-5 days in hospital. This time, I won't push to be released ASAP, but will stay put the full 5 days (and hopefully heavily DRUGGED! LOL) knowing that I'd rather deal with not moving too much or the catheter, while in hospital. I'll be bored to tears I'm sure, but want to do everything in my power to make sure this will finally be the end to my ordeal, and will finally heal.

Wish me luck!

Crafty23
Unread 12-09-2007, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the encouragement Zappo! I'm trying to be calm before this surgery....heck...surgery is old hat to me by now. I'm praying I won't be one of that dreaded 5% that things go wrong for on this one, but it is out of my hands now......something hard to accept for a "Type A" personality like myself! LOL I expect to be out of hospital by Friday, so I'll post an update as soon as I can after that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 08:41 PM

Crafty23 I have been following all of your surgeries since the beginning of time and I too wish you the best on Friday. Hopefully this surgery will be your last so that you can finally recover once and for all. Prayers and hugs for you!

Emily
Unread 12-15-2007, 08:32 PM

crafty23, just wondering how your surgery went?
Unread 12-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Red face - Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Hi Guys....I was just wondering how those of you on HRT's have been doing. I had my 3 month follow up and my Dr. said I was healing gr-8. although I beg to differ ( still having alot of soreness in the right side) and relaesed me till my 1 year check-up. I was on the Climara Patch which he changed to oral Premarin because I was complaining that I was still getting dizzy & lightheaded and he thinks I will do better on that, although I still get very lightheaded every morning. I don't even know if I need the HRT, since my only menopausal symptoms are the dizziness, lightheadiness and brain fogs. Any thoughts from my sisters out there?
Unread 12-15-2007, 11:28 PM

My surgery date was 8/13. I also still have pain sometimes. Usually only after a very busy day, and almost always after a high impact aerobics workout. Nothing too bad though, more a nagging reminder of the surgery than something unbearable. I also get lightheaded once in a while. Not every day though.

[quote=morahlyn]Hi Guys....I was just wondering how those of you on HRT's have been doing. Any thoughts from my sisters out there?
Unread 12-18-2007, 10:06 AM

Hi Girls...

I just got home from hospital yesterday...spent a full 7 days in hospital. The repair surgery was complex and complicated, but doctor thinks it went well. For 6 days, they tried everything on me to stop the bladder spasms, that were happening every 15 minutes or so, to no avail. I had an emotional meltdown one day in front of the doctor, because the pain was so terrible, and everything seemed so hopeless. This was by far more painful a surgery than my abdominal hysterectomy, and my recovery time will be about the same (6-8 weeks). He finally hit on a "cocktail mix of Bella Donna...a heavy duty opiate, combined with a spasm med and T-3's which seem to be doing the trick, as far as pain and spasms go, while the catheter is in. He gave me good news though, and wrote up an order for me to go in on Dec. 24th to have the catheter removed!! YAY!! I was fully expecting (and dreading) that it would be in a good month this time.

So, at least I'm home, and though very weak and sore from the incision, I can now focus on taking it easy and just healing again. Hopefully, this will be the "final fix"...the doctor did everything but specifically promise that it would be.

(((Hugs))) Crafty23
Unread 12-18-2007, 03:46 PM

I am glad you are home.
I was wondering how long you would be in the hospital, because you hadn't posted.
I am sooo sorry about the spasms, I hope the cocktail will keep working.
I will keeping praying that on the 24 th the catheter will come out and won't ever have to go back in.
Unread 12-18-2007, 06:55 PM

Crafty 23,
You are a trooper! The best to you in your recovery and beating this set back. Your attitude has been fantasic and your advice very helpful to all on this site. Keep your chin up all the way! You are going to be OKand know that all your August buddies and everyone else are cheering for you and thinking of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register