Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 98 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 01-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Oh Crafty

I'm so sorry this is happening again. I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to get a 2nd opinion. I'm sure your urologist is a great doctor and he seems to be very concerned and caring, but another opinion sure can't hurt. Besides if he has your best interest at heart he'll understand. I will pray for your recovery and for someone to be able to help get you healed once and for all. Happy Birthday! We share the same month, mine is on the 24th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Well....another scope..I got to watch this time on a monitor...I'm a great fan of the surgery channel anyway! I got to view all my inner wonders first hand, and have a much better undertanding of the mechanics of everything that's happening. LOL

There is definitely a teeny hole, both in the bladder and vagina wall. For something smaller than the head of a straight pin, (vagina) and like a pin PRICK (bladder) I sure am leaking torrents! Using both a tampon and pad only gets me through 45-60 minutes, while I'm up and about.

Long story short...no infection or inflammation at all....everything else healed up perfectly, and about 2 weeks ahead of what it should look like at 5 week point. I have one stubborn area (same place as before) where it seems I am REFUSING to heal for reasons unknown. He's ruled out infection or stitches disolving too soon/being rejected (a diff type was used this time). I'll see him in his office next week to discuss the method of correction this time.

He's going to call the manufacturer of a 3rd type of suture that is supposed to stay intact for 3 months, to check on reliability of that claim, and also going to consult with my gynocologist (who will have no part in the corrective surgery) to see whether just excising that stubborn 1/8" of vagina wall, and suturing to fresh tissue would be an easy fix. He feels right now that could be accomplished with only mild sedation.

He spent a good full hour with me today, with a 20 minute discussion before and after the procedure. I still have complete faith in his abilities. He has said that if he felt for one second that he couldn't resolve this successfully himself, he'd be the first to refer me to the best in all of North America!

I feel better about things, now that the scope is done with, and I know what I'm facing, and have seen for myself that everything else has healed so nicely. And the best part---NO CATHETER (for now anyway). So now I wait for word next week.

Again...I'll keep you girls posted.

Crafty23
Unread 01-17-2008, 09:20 PM

Well it sounds like you have a very caring doc who is willing to take the time to both explain and to search for answers. I marvel at your good humor and courage in the face of all this for so long, friend! And I wish you success in this next endeavor and complete healing at LONG last. Long distance hugs to you and lots of admiration!! -- Zappo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 07:02 AM

I agree with Zappo that you are very fortunate to be with a doctor who listens and explains your procedures. And also that he is very caring and concerned for your well being. I too will be praying for success in this next procedure. Hopefully this will be the final one............Hugs and prayers to you!!!!!! Emilly
Unread 01-24-2008, 09:06 AM

Hi Girls...

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Crafte! Hope the day is a good one for you!

I went to my doctor's appointment yesterday for the verdict on my next repair. He's explained it all in detail (too much for writing in here), but it WILL be yet another FULL ABDOMINAL surgery, not the "light sedation" one I was hoping for! Thankfully, he's made it a top priority, and has cancelled 2 other surgeries to give me a 3 hour slot for either Feb 4th or 7th, (I'll find out which day next Monday), so now I have to scramble, to get all the pre-op work done again, and get all my affairs in order before I go in---pre-pay my bills, do all my banking, and stock up on groceries, cat food and toilet paper! LOL I guess it's a good thing, as it will leave me less time to get myself wound up and anxious about it too. This will be my 3rd full abdominal surgery, as well as the 1 vaginal repair surgery since August! WHEW! There is going to be such a party when this is all 100% "fixed!"

At one point yesterday, I looked at him, and asked (seriously) "Are you sure you don't just want to put a ZIPPER in me this time???" LOL So, my humour is still intact! He told me that NO...it wasn't an option, and assured me once again, that he was confidant he could make this right for me; that he'd be the first to refer me to the BEST in ALL of North America, if he thought for a second that he couldn't get the job fixed.

I'm not looking forward to the pain (mostly from the catheter), the heavy drugs (BellaDonna again) that are only somewhat effective, or the drug withdrawals after, but will do everything it takes to get this fixed!

I'll keep you girls posted.
Unread 01-25-2008, 03:50 AM

Good Luck! I will certainly be praying for you to have a successful surgery and to finally be on your way to a full recovery. Lots of and for you!
Emily
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:49 AM

Hi again....it's official...I go in next Monday (4th) for another attempt at a repair! Not much time to get my head wrapped around the idea of another surgery! GRRR I expect to be in a good 5 days, and will update you once I'm back home again.

Crafty23
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:08 PM

Good luck!!!!!! Keep us posted!
Unread 02-05-2008, 10:38 AM

There's been a "Stay of Execution!" LOL

I was 15 minutes from being wheeled into O.R. yesterday, (all gowned and capped, and IV running) when my doctor came to tell me my surgery had to be cancelled! There was a lack of beds, due to a virus spreading through the hospital. He was hoping, right until the last minute, that a bed would come available, but as it turned out, they were moving non-infected patients onto the surgical floor, and taking up those beds. He was very upset too, because he had reworked his schedule, and flown into town especially for my surgery alone, after being away for 4 days!

So now I sit and wait again. I was an emotional wreck yesterday on the way to the hospital, and broke down in sobs twice. The doctor is hoping I'll still be able to have it done towards the end of the week. He says he'll even come in on the weekend to do it, if need be. There IS some good news...don't remember if I mentioned it yet. My daughter is coming tomorrow from out west, to spend a few weeks with me!

How long can this saga drag on??? LOL

Crafty23
Unread 02-05-2008, 02:36 PM

I am so sorry!! You just seem to take 2 steps forward and one step back. Hang in there, you know they say good things take time!!!!Besides, you certainly don't need whatever virus is floating around. The more I hear about your doctor, the more I like him......Here's hoping things get resolved by the end of the week. At least your daughter will be there to take your mind off of things and keep you company. Enjoy those extra days together. Mine is 21 and just graduated from college and moved back home for a while. I really appreciate her being here......Good luck!!! and
Emily

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register