Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 99 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 02-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Thanks again crafte. Yes...this doctor is a gem, for sure! I heard the nurse go into the woman next to me (behind curtain) and say "I'm taking out your IV and you can get dressed and go home!" The woman was devastated...had driven 4 hours from out of town, after being given 4 days' notice, to find sitters for her kids, and arrange for cover at her job. Her doctor didn't even show up to tell her.

I find mine to be genuinely compassionate at all times, and tends to me personally. He even comes to see me twice a day (morning and night) when I am in hospital. And I KNOW he is supremely busy!! Yet, he manages somehow to get me on the "short list" for my surgeries, usually having it arranged in 2 weeks or less, when many others wait 2 months or more for an upcoming surgery of another type.

I think I'll keep him, though with any luck, I'd be just as happy to say I no longer need his services.

Crafty23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 07:09 AM

UPDATE!! I just got a call from my doctor. I'm now scheduled for 6:15 a.m. on Monday. Let the fretting begin! LOL

Crafty23
Unread 02-06-2008, 10:28 AM

I'm sure this is it for you!!!! You'll be a new woman after this is all done on Monday. Look at this extra time as a gift given so you can spend some quality time with your daughter. Prayers and keep me posted.......
Emily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Can It Truly Have Been Six Months Already?????

Six Months! Celebrate!

I actually dug out my countdown clock from the Millennium and reset it for 6 months (which is Valentine's Day for me) because my surgeon said I would feel SOOOOOO much better by then.

I do, of course, though I know complete healing takes what - a year? Oy.

Nonetheless six months is a big step toward that and I do not regret having had the surgery at all -- I am in a much better place physically and emotionally now that I am not slowly bleeding to death.

So, celebrate this week, friends! And send a prayer and a hug to Crafty that this week will finally be the start of her road to true healing as well.

Hugs to you all!

Zappo
Unread 02-11-2008, 03:37 AM

Thanks again Zappo. It's 5:40 a.m. and I leave for the hospital in 5 minutes. I want this to be the LAST time I need to go to that place!! 4th surgery now since August...time for things to work for a change. I'll keep you girls posted, once I get back home.

Crafty23
Unread 02-11-2008, 06:02 AM

Crafty23... I do wish you well. It IS time for everything to get under control for you. You deserve it.

Although I feel much much better my pap last month showed a suspicious cell mutation and I am now having to go through a round of radiation. There's really nothing else for them to take out other than my cuff and/or vaginal wall

I feel great though and NEVER would have thought I was still having problems... guess without the continual bleeding really there is no "warning sign"... oh well! I still FEEL great and to me after so long of not feeling great, that makes me happy!
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:53 AM

To Crafty23 I am wishing you all the best. Lots of positive healing thoughts coming your way.

We are all hitting a milestone in our recoveries, and I was hoping to feel better than I do but still stay grateful and positive.

I still on occasion battle fatigue, and have some random soreness in my abdomen.

My DH is still very supportive regarding some fear I still have about my new internal workings. I cannot seem to fully let go here! TMI :-)

Today I just want to say thank-you to you all for you wisdom, and your sisterhood. And, mostly I just want to wish you all continued health and healing!

Kelli
Unread 02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
6 months - yeah!

I too just realized that it has been 6 months, not that I have been counting or anything (yes, I have), and I can honestly say that in the last three weeks I have noticed a great improvement in my energy!!! My Grandma passed away two weeks ago - totally heartbreaking - so that was another trial for me, but I seem to be almost over the fatigue --- and am starting to get back to one of my favorite hobbies - sewing, so that is great! My mood swings have definitely improved as well. Also, not being in pain all the time definitely improves your outlook. Take care to all!
Unread 02-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Angry - Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Got the shock of my life

Hi sisters,
Crafty23 hope things are going well this time. I have been following your posts and have had you on my mind. I am so glad you have such a wonderful doctor.Best wishes to you
I am also 6 months out,although I had a second surgery 4 months ago(oct.) for infection and adhesions so my recovery has also taken longer. The last time I saw my doc was Nov.7 and he gave me a release to go back to work and said to call his office to make another appt. in Dec.for a routine check.Well I put it off and called and asked his staff if I could wait till after the holidays as I was feeling doctor appointmented OUT.I was seeing doc sometimes twice a week because of the illness,and his office is 2 hrs away,so I felt a break was what I needed also.So my sheduled appt. was yesterday Feb.13.My husband took the day off to take me.I was loaded with questions for the doc and knew he was planning on running some tests on me.When We arrived at his office there was a note on the door that read,"This office is closed till further notice"Wow,What to do I thought.I saw movement in the office so i went in.I was thinking maybe the doc was being sued or something so he was closed for awhile(i just did not know)The office never called to inform me I wouldn't be having an appt.After going in I saw three ladies(2staff,1 his wife)A staff member looked surprized I was there and I right away asked what the sign in the door meant.She proceeded to tell me my doctor ,DR. Stanley, Died Jan.31 08 in his office after seeing his last patient.I was shocked ,and stood ther and cryed and said how sorry I was to all the ladies.He died of a massive heart attack at the age of 58.He looked the fit of health and always talked about exercise. He leaves a young wife and 3 small children and mant patients who adored him,including myself.My dh took me to eat and I cryed all through the meal ,I cryed all the way home and Am still very weepy.I feel like I lost my right arm,my best friend and my compassionate doctor.Today is Valentines day so
I am trying to remember it is a day for dh and I,but I feel lost.
Thanks for listening to this long letter
Shell1962

LAVH
Unread 02-14-2008, 05:11 PM

shell, oh my gosh that is terrible. what a shock. you just never know.

things like this teach us to never take anything or anyone for granted.

Happy 6 month anniversary to all my sisters

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register