Positive Support Needed...3 days to go!! LSH w/prolift via Da Vinci Robotic Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Positive Support Needed...3 days to go!! LSH w/prolift via Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Positive Support Needed...3 days to go!! LSH w/prolift via Da Vinci Robotic Surgery

Unread 08-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Positive Support Needed...3 days to go!! LSH w/prolift via Da Vinci Robotic Surgery

I am having a LSH on Aug 22....3 more days!!..anxious to get it over with but very nervous..having Da Vinci Robotic Surgery....removing uterus and left ovary...will be getting polypropylene mesh for rectocele and cystocele....4-5 very small incisions in abdominal area with no cuts to vaginal walls..was told almost no chance of erosion because of that...so nervous...read and talked to alot of people about it....read enough horror stories, which I am sure can happen with any type of surgery..so basically looking for someone who has had a positive experience.....had tvt and urethra sling with a&p stitching in 2001...sling solved all my leakage problems...but stitching did not hold up any further prolapse thus the need for the mesh now......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Positive Support Needed...3 days to go!! LSH w/prolift via Da Vinci Robotic Surgery

you will be fine...this surgery is amazing. i still cant believe i had it done and how easy things were. waiting it truly the hardest part
Unread 08-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Hi Ribyra732,

I also had a LSH. Still one of the best things I ever did for my quality of life. Life without fibroids is great.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2007, 06:54 PM

Thank you historylady and dressedupinblue.....a few good words hopefully will be what it takes for me to get some sleep tonite...that and my Lunesta!!!!...thank you again..I will be sure to post as soon as I am able to on Thursday(positive thinking!!!)
Unread 08-19-2007, 07:52 PM

It's hard to believe 3 more days, my hyst is also scheduled 8/22/07 (vaginal). Getting pretty anxious but I believe we will do just fine! Good Luck! Keep me posted
Unread 08-19-2007, 07:55 PM

Thanks slim...hope to be back and posting on Thursday...good luck to you also...definetly keep in touch!!!
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:40 PM

Hey there... I also had the DaVinci Robotic on the 10th of this month! It's been a week and a few days now and I can say the last two days have been my best days.
I have 4 holes from surgery, one on the left side, two on the right (that's where most of my adhesions were) and one an inch above my belly button where they put the camera.
The only thing that I did not know prior to surgery even with all of my reading is that with the DaVince (and at least my doctor) they invert you during the procedure! Which means you are straped in and literally head down, legs up in stirrups!!! Not a good thought to have of yourself, but whatever works. Honestly, that was the only thing I was not aware of and I work at the hospital where I had my surgery!!!
Anyway, with the way my doctor has talked up the DaVinci method, I thought I would feel better faster, but I think I am doing okay. Nothing special and it took a good full week for me to really start feeling good. I had my Uterus and Cervix removed and was able to keep both of my ovaries. He had to do some work with releasing some adhesions and I think that's where some of my discomfort comes from other than the gas that is still lingering.

Anyway, good luck!
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky10
Hey there... I also had the DaVinci Robotic on the 10th of this month! It's been a week and a few days now and I can say the last two days have been my best days.
I have 4 holes from surgery, one on the left side, two on the right (that's where most of my adhesions were) and one an inch above my belly button where they put the camera.
The only thing that I did not know prior to surgery even with all of my reading is that with the DaVince (and at least my doctor) they invert you during the procedure! Which means you are straped in and literally head down, legs up in stirrups!!! Not a good thought to have of yourself, but whatever works. Honestly, that was the only thing I was not aware of and I work at the hospital where I had my surgery!!!
Anyway, with the way my doctor has talked up the DaVinci method, I thought I would feel better faster, but I think I am doing okay. Nothing special and it took a good full week for me to really start feeling good. I had my Uterus and Cervix removed and was able to keep both of my ovaries. He had to do some work with releasing some adhesions and I think that's where some of my discomfort comes from other than the gas that is still lingering.

Anyway, good luck!

Thanks for the reply!!...LOL..the mental pic of the position in stirrups...I know that going in...my doc told me my legs might hurt the most out of everything..that and the trapped gas in shoulder/chest area......I had a vaginal tuck with urethra sling in 2002..had to be awake(epidural) to cough to see if bladder was leaking or not....imagine being awake...legs up in stirrups and seeing the transport guy, that you knew from school, watching the surgery...I had a bladder prolapse so everything was hanging out!!!!!.....LOL.......I will be going a few towns away this time so hopefully no familiar faces in operating room other than my doctors!!......thanks again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register