Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 08-24-2007, 04:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Hello everyone!!....So happy to be home......I had my LSH on Wed.,Aug 22.....I had the Da Vinci lap surgery with prolift mesh support for bladder/rectal prolapse...I was lucky enough the I got to keep my cervix and both ovaries....my surgery was scheduled for 12pm was supposed to be around 3 hrs...when I woke up in recovery it was 9:30pm.....my poor DH...apparently the robot kept getting stuck??.....and it would take awhile to readjust..but worked out well anyway....I have 4 small incisions...I only stayed in Wed nite and came home Thursday 12pm.....my pain in the hospital was very minimum...nurse filled my bladder, removed my catheter and helped me to the bathroom where it took a few minutes of running my hands under water before i could go....the first walk to bathroom was very painful and she had to give me a shot of morphine as well as the diladud.............after that I made it back 2 or 3 times by myself....felt good when i got home...but than alot of the internal numbing solution wore off and found it a little more painful to walk...managed to sleep in bed sitting up all nite...was not bad...no real pain.....this morning I awoke at 4:30am i decided to get out of bed while DH was still home as he had to go to work today....i walked to my living room, computer chair unassisted but hunched over....It went alot better than I hoped and now I can say the waiting was the worst part..I am swollen in belly area as well as hands and feet...they almost look fake...but will go down little by little..HAPPY HEALING to the rest of the hystersisters...one day at a time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2007, 06:46 AM

Hello everyone. I am typing from the laptop in bed this morning. LSH was on Tues. Aug. 21st. So far so good. No BM yet, lots of gas though. At least its coming out. I think I might have walked a little too much yesterday b/c I feel completely run over this morning. I will take it easy today. I am hunched over again. I am still on pain meds. Forget trying to be hero, I waited too long to take them one time b/c I was under the illusion that I felt fine. I won't do that again. My doctor told me that it slows down the healing process if I allow myself to be in pain like that. I am letting DH do everything for me. I still have swelly belly, hopefully it will start going down soon. My butt is sore too and I dont know why. I am curious to know how long everyone else will be off work from the LSH procedure. My doc has me out for 4 weeks. Is anyone else out for that amount of time?
Unread 08-24-2007, 07:08 AM

Hi Teryie...my doctor advised me at least 4 weeks...i am just planning on going back after almost 4years off.........I will only be sitting behind desk and answering phones so should not be too bad...I guess it all depends on your job, your bodie's healing progress and your doctors instructions.....glad to here you sound like you are doing well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Home and happy

hey there ocean country hyste sister!!!! It's your north jersey partner......surgery was set for 9am but when I got the the castle at 7:30 they were waiting for me Drs. surgery was cancelled and if I did't go than i would have had to wait until the afternoon. Surgery went well all is removed......morphine the first 24 hours was great....I was taken off all of the stuff yesteday morning......went home about 1pm.....my decision. Felt I would feel better at home. Gas is terrible!!!!!! much worse than my sections. DH is at the store getting prune juice and stool softners I have to say I felt much better than I thought I would. I know the morphin added to it but in general I felt better.

I'll check in later happy healing Petrina
Unread 08-24-2007, 07:26 AM

Good to hear from you mytime47!! Aren't you glad it is over too!!..I did not have too much trouble w/gas...haven't passed any but I don't really feel it either....have few little pains in shoulders and chest which is where i assume the gas pockets are but the come and go..not too bad.......i take Motrin800 every 6 hrs and a diladud every 4....allows me to move around a little....that is the only rough part..trying to walk hunched over...but just grateful that everything went ok and that I had the support of all the hystersisters.......funny I forgot to mention...my roommate that I had in the hospital actually belongs to hystersisters also!!..small world...she was in a lot of pain and i think staying until tomorrow........i sent her a private get well message...hopefully she will be doing a little better by the time she gets home......keep in touch as we are on the path of recovery now!!!
Unread 08-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Post-op Day 3

I am so happy to read everyone's posts and seeing how well we are doing! Waiting for the day to come was really the hardest part, wasn't it?

I had a LSH 3 days ago and am getting along very well. I have a bit more pain today, but still nothing that I can't handle with Aleve (and Vicodin if I need it). The bloating is definitely there and my poor tummy is certainly bruised, but I am so glad I had the surgery! I've showered every day and changed into fresh jammies--it really makes me feel better.

I am planning to return to work in 4 weeks (Sept. 17), although given how well I am doing, I may go back a week sooner...we'll see. I have a great disability plan that pays 80% starting on Day 8...so I want to take my time. There are so many things I would love to get done around the house...update filing, go through the junk drawers, linen closet...all things that I never seem to get around to. I think this is the perfect time to do it!

As far as the bowels are concerned, I've been passing gas since Wednesday, but no BM yet. I am taking stool softeners twice a day and trying to drink lots of water. Since I did a bowel prep on Monday, it may be a few more days until it happens.

I am so very grateful to have found HysterSisters...I am going to tell everyone about it! I even made a purchase from the store yesterday and can't wait to get it!

Take it easy!
Karen
Unread 08-24-2007, 10:11 AM

hi, just got home had tlh with bso, everything went well, have had alot of pains including gas pains, but otherwise am doing well. my cryo came back with no cancer so that is a relief, just took my my first hormone pill, starting out small and will work up to a stronger dose if needed as I have bad night sweats and temp fluctuations. So glad to be home, stayed two nights due to how late they got to surgery, didnt get back to my room till 4:30.
Unread 08-24-2007, 12:49 PM
TVH yesterday...home today

Hi ladies,

I could not be more please with how my surgery turned out. I went in yesterday morning (Thursday) at 6:15am. I was supposed to be there at 5:30 but spent 45 minutes pacing in my dark living room, thinking whether or not I wanted to go through with it. I mean, why put myself through so much pain when I woke up feeling fine? So I woke up my sleeping hubby and off we went.

I went through admitting pretty quickly, and was up in the pre-surgical room about 20 minutes later. I was so emotional and trying to hold it in. When one of the surgeons came over to ask me how I was feeling, I completely lost it and turned into a blubbering fool. I must have asked about 20 questions of everyone involved, my ob/gyn, the asst, the attending resident, and the anethesiologist. He saw how nervous I was and wanted to give me the Versed right away. The next thing I knew I was in recovery!

I woke up feeling mild crampiness, but that's about it. I was bracing for the worst when everything wore off, but it never came - no swelly belly, no uriniation difficulty, no back pain, no vaginal guaze stuffing....nothing! I did have some mild gas pains, but the nurse gave me something like a gas pain chewable, and problem solved. I had one morphine shot, but refused everything else because I didn't need it. I was up walking, reading my book, and later watching TV. I wanted to go home that day, but my Dr. wanted me to stay at least a day. One thing that did bother me was being hooked up to the IV, and having a catheter - I felt bedridden. After I had the catheter removed this morning, the nurse wanted to see if I could go pee on my own. I did with no problem, so at 9:30 this am, I was cleared to go home. I have taken a shower, read my mail, and combed my hair and I'm not even tired. My Dr. warned that it is easy to forget that I have had surgery, but to take it easy anyway, which I plan to do. I'm going to sit back and watch movies now, and keep up my walking. I feel so lucky.

I am fortunate to have found this site. It prepared me for everything, the expected and unexpected. I'm not sure if I could have done this without the valuable information and support that this site provides. Thanks, and good luck to everyone in their recoveries.

Jacie, 34 adenomyosis, fibroids
Unread 08-24-2007, 01:45 PM

I am day on Day 3 of recovering from my LSH. The waiting was the hardest part and I am so glad it's over. I am so used to doing so much around the house that it is hard to sit still. I have to keep reminding myself that I had major surgery. I think I walked a bit too much b/c my belly swelled up a bit more so I am taking it easy. DH is making sure that I dont over do it. I took a shower and put on fresh jammies. Now I am in the recliner with the laptop getting ready to watch the thunder storms that are about to occur. The kids are still at school the house is very quiet. I am still on pain meds so I am not in pain and have only had very mild cramping. The chewables they gave me for gas in the hospital has been a Godsend so I haven't had any problems in that area. Still no BM yet. I've taken a few short naps today. I was more tired today than yesterday but I was a little more active today. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.
Unread 08-24-2007, 02:09 PM

Hey sisters!! I am home from my lah!! I am sooo happy to have it all over with! The waiting was for sure theworst part. it all went very smooth. and i will try to write more about it later

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register