Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-07-2007, 04:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

had my two week check up yesterday and all is well. the knot on the sides she says are normal and well go away in 3-4 weeks she put something on the opening to help it close better wasn't real worried about it. She said the biopsy on the uterus showed no cancer praise the Lord. but it had a lot of things that any other preceedure other than removing would not have cured the problems I had. I am feeling a lot better I can now drive. still tire easier than I used to.My dh thinks that now that I can drive I can do anything even though he was there when she said the restrictions were still there That dusting, light cleaning no vacuuming allowed, rest and don't over do. It gets better as time goes by. there is light at the end of this journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2007, 01:28 PM

Had my 2 week post-op today....doc did an internal...I didn't think she had to since I had the robotic, but because I had the mesh repairs and she had moved my cervix way up high where it was supposed to be she had to do an internal....it was not uncomfortable at all which was surprising to me...my cervix had been very low because of my prolapse of uterus also and I was surprised when I saw how far up she went..sorry if TMI....I thought "cool" maybe something on my body will have reverted back like it was when I was younger..LOL.....anyway, pathology report showed I had severe Adenomyosis which explains all my problems over last few years...glad to have it gone ..other than that, she said no heavy lifting, no bath/swimming until 6 week checkup to prevent any water from getting up in vaginal area and carrying bacteria...no sex of course...and absolutely no heavy lifting...listen to my body, walk as much as I want or as it will let me!!..........so I am happy that went well...my swelly belly is still there, but seems in the morning/early afternoon I can fit in some pants, but by afternoon I have to change them as my swelly belly swells again making the pants to tight.....so making progress...hope everyone else is doing well and coming along
Unread 09-07-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracylz
I had a LSH on 8/24 and I'm trying to decide when I should go back to work. I am an RN at an outpatient surgical center. There's not a lot of lifting involved (only on days with cases involving small children) but it can be pretty fast paced. My doctor tells me I can go back when I want to but also that I could take 6-8 weeks if I want. I wish he were more specific with me like it sounds like your doctor is. I feel pretty good (better in mornings then sore and crampy and bloated by evenings). How are you feeling?

I'm a nurse too, but I work in an intensive care unit...
Take the 6 weeks off girl, you will need it...
You know as well as I do that nursing is STRESSFUL on its own...and you don't know if you will have a situation that requires you to move some heavy patient and you don't want to compromise your recovery! My hospital's employee health would not let me come back until 6 weeks and I have lifting restrictions for 2 wks after that...Take your time and get well..

Meredith 32
LSH 8/23 for adenomyosis/endometriosis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2007, 06:40 PM

Had my 2 week check up today my Dr. told me pretty much the same as ribyra732 and littlejewel's Dr.s told them. My weight restriction went up to 20 pounds. All 3 kids I take care of are all over that, so still need DD's help until my 6 week check up when I get my vaginal exam!! YEAH , I always look forword to that. Felt good to actually go outside of the house all by myself again . Brenda (52) TVH (Fibroids & Adenomyosis) (Kept ovaries and tubes)
Unread 09-07-2007, 10:59 PM

The tape residue is bugging the &^%$ out of me. I can't seem to get all of it off. Also I have this strange pain every now and then on the left side of my incesion.
Unread 09-07-2007, 11:19 PM

I'm driving. I drove myself and the hubby to my 2 week check up, this Tues. Wanted him with me for my first drive just in case. It was nice to get out there again. I've been out a couple of times since, all seems well.
Unread 09-08-2007, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodema
The tape residue is bugging the &^%$ out of me. I can't seem to get all of it off. Also I have this strange pain every now and then on the left side of my incesion.

My mother had the perfect home remedy for tape residue...I don't know why I didn't ask her sooner..I lived with it for 2 weeks and nothing would take it off.....PEANUT BUTTER...take a little and rub it around and than it starts to act like a sluffing agent and before you know it, it is gone!! May take a minute, but it works!!!.....Thank you MOM!!
Unread 09-08-2007, 06:48 AM

Thanks for the reply. I definitely don't want to be a hero. You only get one chance to heal the right way. I was thinking that I'd be all back to normal by now. I had a little spotting last night. That's the first time since I've been hom from hospital. I haven't done a lot except driving my kids nere and there--and that's been harder than I thought it would be I'm very sore by end of the day. The bloat is driving me crazy too. Nothing fits me. I only have a few items with a comfortable elastic waist. Can't wait til that goes away.
Unread 09-08-2007, 07:14 AM

Hey Rita, Not a good yesterday, set it up to pick up some papers next week that I need to run a grant for school....I thought no big deal.....well they do not want me to get them even though my DH was taking me and we were going out to breakfast and it's only two towns away about a 15 min drive!!!! Throught I would help out so they don't have to send someone and take them out of class. Got very emotional with principal......told here I just want to feel like I am doing something!!!!!!! We're off today to see my son, he forgot a few things and we are going to bring them to him. Glad to see your doing good......I feel fine, belly is down, sleeping (thank god) and itchy!!!!! I see the Dr. on the 24th but may call him after next week to see if I can go in for two days the end of this month and than start back. Have a good day.......hope your son did well with school!!!!! Petrina
Unread 09-08-2007, 07:31 AM

Hi Petrina!!......Sorry about your day yesterday...boy, it has definetely been an emotional roller-coaster ride for you with everything going on...hopefully you will feel better when you see your son again today...maybe he forgot a "few things" on purpose knowing it would all make you feel better after a little visit!!!......My son had a good first week, thanks for asking..he loves school and I pray his enthusiam lasts thru his teen years and beyond....maybe the school did not want you there as there are probably strict rules that they have to adhere to in the case of you being out on disability...maybe just you being on the property or doing some take home work would put them at a liability risk since you are not released from the doctor yet....I would move my appointment up if I were you and see if you can go back a few days like you said...I think that would greatly help you in your emotional healing...I think that is the biggest facture for alot of us, as we feel good enough to do everything but are still very limited!!.....I am starting to stress over the fact that I may go back to work after a few years now at home....They want me to work 3 nites from 5-10pm and Saturdays from 8:30-6......I don't know why I said I would, other than the fact that I need the money and it was easier to go back to the familiar rather than look for a new job while I was healing......I don't like the hours...I need to be home for the little guy, help w/his homework, soccer practice, Saturdays are his games and I don't want to miss them.....I had better make up my mind as I am supposed to go back in 2 weeks....I am still going to take it easy for next week or so, though I am looking forward to walking again in the neighborhood now that doctor said it was ok...just listen to my body and it will tell me when I have had enough!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register