Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-15-2007, 04:37 PM
OK Day

Really tired this a.m. but rolled out the bed and managed to pull myself together for a sorority meeting. I t was 2 hours of 'sitting and looking' so it wasn't strenuous.

Slight headache but related to a cold trying to creep up on me and not my recovery. Took ibuprofen they gave me.

**Sigh** My pants don't fit right anymore. I think I left my hips at the hospital and will have to shop for new skirts/dresses for work before I go back. This might be ideal for some but I'm already a little woman that appreciates and welcomes curves. Whoever doesn't want theirs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Yesterday was week 3 for me , I over did it a little going to the store , pushing the cart ---the in and out of the car I think was the biggest problem!! Will be much more careful now that I'm feeling better. Definitly don't like the feeling that something got pulled. Heat and a little pressure has done wonders and pain meds of course!! ULE----I WOULD BE GLAD TO SEND YOU EXTRA HIPS IF I COULD. I did lose a little before my surgery with the DR"s help of course, but I'm sure I have gained it all back. Can't wait to be totaly off the motrion so I can start taking my diet aide again.. It really keeps me from eating just to eat. Hope everyone is doing good Brenda (52) TVH <Fibroids and Adenomyosis> Kept Ovaries and Tubes
Unread 09-16-2007, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the encouragement Ann of Columbus, Ohio. Called the doctor's office on Friday only to get news he was not in , nor was his nurse in. Someone there in the office told me it was probably just scar tissue. Of course I'd never heard that before but took her at her word and rested. She also made me an appointment for this Monday to see the doctor. Friday, I did do some spotting but none on Friday evening until Saturday at 9:40 when I started bleeding and passing clots the size of a half dollar. I soaked 2 1/2 pads within 40 minutes. My husband took me to the E.R. From the time I left home to the time I got to the hospital (25 minutes) I soak another pad, my underware and the pants I was wearing. When I took the pants off to change into a gown their was another clot that looked like a piece of liver on my pad. It was the largest one yet. I laid in the E.R. room from 11:30 to 4:30. A (NEW) Nurse Practitioner came in to ask questions to see if I had done anything that would have caused stitches to break. Of course I told her no! She then checked my heart and then she left to go and call my doctor. she came back two hours later stating she she has not been able to get in touch with the doctor, but that she will go ahead and do a pelvic exam and look at the stitches. Her comment was, I don't see any broken stitches and no bleeding, but I will continue to try and get hold of the doctor. By 4:00 the bleeding stopped so I told them since they could not find my doctor or didn't know who was covering for him, I would just go home since the bleeding had stopped. So far this A.M. the bleeding has not started back. The only thing I can think of that happened was that my body needed to pass these clots that were in there that may have broken off. It was scary because it was bright red bleeding!! I'll keep all my sister posted after I see the doctor tomorrow in his office. (If he's there!!) LadyMargaret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11306em
Yesterday was week 3 for me , I over did it a little going to the store , pushing the cart ---the in and out of the car I think was the biggest problem!! Will be much more careful now that I'm feeling better. Definitly don't like the feeling that something got pulled. Heat and a little pressure has done wonders and pain meds of course!! ULE----I WOULD BE GLAD TO SEND YOU EXTRA HIPS IF I COULD. I did lose a little before my surgery with the DR"s help of course, but I'm sure I have gained it all back. Can't wait to be totaly off the motrion so I can start taking my diet aide again.. It really keeps me from eating just to eat. Hope everyone is doing good Brenda (52) TVH <Fibroids and Adenomyosis> Kept Ovaries and Tubes
I guess we're all learning that regardless of how we feel, we should maintain a posture of healing. So watch that cart pushing etc. If you're blessed to have help, take full advantage of it.
Unread 09-16-2007, 09:02 AM

LadyM,
Too scary for words!!! You musta been petrified. I'd have been screaming my lungs out to get a dang doctor, ANY doctor, to give me some reassurance. You are one tough cookie and my hats off to you for getting through it all. Hope all goes well at the doc's tomorrow (and you should give him a piece of your mind for not having a doc to cover for him).
xtra hugs...
Unread 09-16-2007, 10:07 AM
clothes snug on me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrotta
Have fun Ule, I am sure you will look beautiful in that snazzy outfit Well fellow sisters--I went back to work yesterday and it was pretty difficult to say the least. I am an office RN and the standing all day really got to me and my swelly belly!!! Came home, crashed on the couch and went back today praying it would be a little better and thankfully it was--but I only work 6 hours as opposed to 8. I did ask them to change my schedule to maximum 5 hours for the next two weeks so I don't have to kill myself and not heal properly--they said they would!! I still have swelly belly--anyone else still swollen out there after 3 weeks? I can fit into my clothes but they are rather snug which is uncomfortable. Wishing you all the best in your recovery.
this past thursday made three weeks for me too and other than sweat pants (thank goodness I'm a housewife), I can hardly get into anything else and most comfortable dress is my gown (smile) but "this too shall pass". Hang in there and soon you'll be able to see your panty line looking down. Just take it slow and stay healthy for right now. Give thanks to the Lord everyday that you're in a much better health status than day one after surgery. Prayers for you...Tropical 8
Unread 09-16-2007, 10:10 AM

I am 3 1/2 weeks post now and also still really can't wear my clothes comfortably yet, if at all....my swelly belly still tends to return in the 2nd half of the day!!
Unread 09-16-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ule
I guess we're all learning that regardless of how we feel, we should maintain a posture of healing. So watch that cart pushing etc. If you're blessed to have help, take full advantage of it.
I am blessed to have help , and after being a stay at home Mom for 30 years, making sure everything is taken care of for everyone else I am most definitly taking full advantage of people waiting on me for a change.
Unread 09-16-2007, 11:52 AM
its okay...hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydawg
You just put into words how I feel. Hanging in Limbo. Don't feel well enough to do much. Not allowed to do much. Bored to tears. It's getting very old!

Laurie
TAH and bladder repair Aug 20.
I felt the same way last week, especially when I decided to do some housework and over did it and because of over doing it, I had to stay put down with heavy medication for a few days. Nevertheless, I'm feeling better today and though I miss my garden, I miss my having a spotless house, even miss walking through the neighborhood, I know that resting, sitting back, and taking care of my body is the best way to heal. Even though I am "in limbo". So I say to you Ms. Daisydawg, lady take advantage of reading a good book, indulge a lil' in your bible preferable in Psalms to stay encouraged and catch up with all the magazines and tv programs (especially HGTV, WE for women and Lifetime) to keep you busy even if you're not physically busy. Take care and keeping you in my prayers.

Tropical 8
Unread 09-16-2007, 12:52 PM

Tomorow will be 4 weeks post-op, and I'm still not comfortable wearing regular clothes. No panties, nothing around my waist. - just nightgowns have been my way of dressing. Although last night I did manage to put on a loose-fitting long dress and go to a China Buffet with my DH - my first outing other than a doctor's visit.

Sitting and getting in and out of bed, although it's getting easier, still remains a challenge. I use a crutch to gain leverage and hoist myself up. Also, it helps to sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes before standing because it feels like a 12 pound bowling ball is rattling around in my stomach. Stomach is black and blue around my stiches and is numb in some places.

Swelly Belly all the time, but I had that before my operation- ha ha. Too much abdominal fat.

64 years old, TAH/BSO on 8/20. Endo.cancer. It was contained in uterus so no further treatments needed- Very fortunate.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register