Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

I agree w/Tropical8.....I had a LSH on 8/22, kept cervix and ovaries...yes I did have mesh done, but aside from that the doc told me she tells everyone 6-8 wks....I saw her at 2 weeks..she said no bathing, swimming, sex, lifting, vacuuming, walk as I feel able to but do not push myself...you can damage your insides and not even feel it...also she strictly forbid bathing, swimming, or sex until after she lets me know at 6 week checkup as you can get an infection if any bacteria gets up into the vagina...I did not have any cuts, incisions or anything removed thru my vagina it was not even touched yet she stated she commands this out of all of her patients...I listen as I'd rather be safe than sorry....only you know how your body feels, but the extra few weeks precaution can really help you to heal alot better.....will this doc back up his words if you were to hurt yourself or not heal correctly????...I wonder......I also wonder about alot of women on here that state they were in great shape before and go out and try to resume their routine within days of their surgery.....I would think that with any of the hysterectomy surgeries there would be absolute restrictions for at least the first few weeks...and more than likely beyond...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 03:36 PM

Not sure what the deal is today, but my lower tummy is crampy and achy. Really annoying. I've taken a Motrin 800 and napped for a bit. Can't think what I could have done to cause this - if anything. We did walk yesterday, but no further than usual.

I got up early today and called into the office for a conference call. Funny. I've been gone 4 weeks, was on the phone 5 minutes, and realized that nothing has changed a bit since I've been gone. To think, I was so afraid I'd miss something...

Oh well, gonna go lay down again...

Hope everyone is well...
Unread 09-21-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_new_life
Not sure what the deal is today, but my lower tummy is crampy and achy. Really annoying. I've taken a Motrin 800 and napped for a bit. Can't think what I could have done to cause this - if anything. We did walk yesterday, but no further than usual.

I got up early today and called into the office for a conference call. Funny. I've been gone 4 weeks, was on the phone 5 minutes, and realized that nothing has changed a bit since I've been gone. To think, I was so afraid I'd miss something...

Oh well, gonna go lay down again...

Hope everyone is well...
Well, a_new_life, I hope you have a better day tomorrow...I keep going back and forth and now this week developed a bladder infection...but I am taking antibiotic and pyridium so it is really not too bothersome...but I get swelly belly, crampyness, on and off still each day.....I actually took my beach chair and sat on the beach for 2 hrs today and read and watched the ocean waves...I had thought I would have done this almost everyday that I could since I would be healing, but this was the first time.... I stll don't expect too much from myself for few weeks...I did manage a nice 30 minute walk yesterday..just around the block, back and forth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribyra732
Well, a_new_life, I hope you have a better day tomorrow...I keep going back and forth and now this week developed a bladder infection...but I am taking antibiotic and pyridium so it is really not too bothersome...but I get swelly belly, crampyness, on and off still each day.....I actually took my beach chair and sat on the beach for 2 hrs today and read and watched the ocean waves...I had thought I would have done this almost everyday that I could since I would be healing, but this was the first time.... I stll don't expect too much from myself for few weeks...I did manage a nice 30 minute walk yesterday..just around the block, back and forth
Hang in there. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly. I haven't had much swelly belly recently, but boy-oh-boy, today, it is huge. Who knows. One day at a time. The beach sounds wonderful! Something so soothing about the sound of the ocean!

Be well.
Unread 09-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Rita, Sorry to hear you have a small set back. I still drink the cranberry juice and it does work for me. I go to the Dr. on Monday and he said that after Wed. which will be five weeks he would let me go back to work. I have my office and the students can be called to come down and see me, so i don't have to do any running around the building. I hope to get some things done around here this weekend, have to find pants that fit!!!!

Have good night. Glad you made it to the beach for a nice rest. I do miss the shore!!!!

Petrina
Unread 09-21-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime47
Rita, Sorry to hear you have a small set back. I still drink the cranberry juice and it does work for me. I go to the Dr. on Monday and he said that after Wed. which will be five weeks he would let me go back to work. I have my office and the students can be called to come down and see me, so i don't have to do any running around the building. I hope to get some things done around here this weekend, have to find pants that fit!!!!

Have good night. Glad you made it to the beach for a nice rest. I do miss the shore!!!!

Petrina

Thanks Petrina...its not so bad...I still can't fit in my pants either and finally broke down and went to Pennys and bought 4 new pair last week....but even that 1 hour trip trying on pants made me start to feel sore...so much so that I actually made the cashier double bag so I could drag it...thank goodness I had parking right up front!!....Didn't you think we would fit back in our clothes by now????...But I bet you must be excited to get back to work.....How is your son fairing in college????
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Big Belly

Quote:
Thanks Petrina...its not so bad...I still can't fit in my pants either and finally broke down and went to Pennys and bought 4 new pair last week....but even that 1 hour trip trying on pants made me start to feel sore...so much so that I actually made the cashier double bag so I could drag it...thank goodness I had parking right up front!!....Didn't you think we would fit back in our clothes by now????...But I bet you must be excited to get back to work.....How is your son fairing in college????
MY belly went down a little last week and today it went
back up and I do not understand that. I went to walmart
and brought 5 pants and 5 tops and two pairs of shoes
to were back to work next week on sept 26th. She put
restriction that I only do part-time the first week and no-
lifting and ather that work my way back up to 8 hours a
day. I will have to find a back-support for my chair. I
work for the CITY OF HOUSTON CONTROLLER'S OFFICE.
Next week will be my six weeks. I still do have some
discomfort. I will really take it easy for the next five days
before I go back to work. I hope that everybody is doing
ok.

Creshaunda
42 year old
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creshaunda
MY belly went down a little last week and today it went
back up and I do not understand that. I went to walmart
and brought 5 pants and 5 tops and two pairs of shoes
to were back to work next week on sept 26th. She put
restriction that I only do part-time the first week and no-
lifting and ather that work my way back up to 8 hours a
day. I will have to find a back-support for my chair. I
work for the CITY OF HOUSTON CONTROLLER'S OFFICE.
Next week will be my six weeks. I still do have some
discomfort. I will really take it easy for the next five days
before I go back to work. I hope that everybody is doing
ok.

Creshaunda
42 year old

Hi Creshaunda..haven't heard from u in a while...glad to see you are going back to work...this belly thing is weird..I lost 8lbs now and still had to give in and buy new clothes...oh well...it will take time and seems that it is normal so I am not worried about it...having a bigger belly actually makes my legs and butt look skinnier...LOL
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Mines the same way

Quote:
Hi Creshaunda..haven't heard from u in a while...glad to see you are going back to work...this belly thing is weird..I lost 8lbs now and still had to give in and buy new clothes...oh well...it will take time and seems that it is normal so I am not worried about it...having a bigger belly actually makes my legs and butt look skinnier...LOL
Hi,Rita

My legs and butt look smaller too. I guess it will take time
for my belly to go down. For now I will just have to relaxed
and take it easy. Please take care of yourself. Please
keep me posted. I will let you know how my first day back
to work went.

Creshaunda
Unread 09-21-2007, 09:53 PM

Creshaunda - good luck with your first day back at work. I go back two weeks from today. Have my post-op apptmt with doc next week. Can't believe how quickly the time has gone! I wasn't able to sleep last night and for some reason, I couldn't stop replaying the day of surgery and few days following in my mind. Seems like that was forever ago!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register