Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 43 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Tropical 8:
I'm just scared. I don't want to push things too soon I guess. And a Panniculectomy is a like a tummy tuck below the belly button. I had a lot of weight there after my kids and it just kept expanding so I told doc to take it off! He did. Now I have a almost flat tummy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 11:15 AM

Hi all, Went to the gym today to get back to the treadmill, hadn't been on it since last week. I did challange my self a bit and it felt good. How nice to have that tummy area worked on!!!!! My Dr. would have never gone for it.

Got the 5/6 week update from Hystersisters, have to read it to see if I am on target.

Looking forward to work tomorrow, it's hot here in Jersey and I know school will be hot so I have to find something to wear.....it will be great to get dressed with make-up and all!!!!!

Take care all let me know how the day it going for you.

Petrina
Unread 09-26-2007, 01:20 PM

Heading toward my 6th week post-op. Tummy still very sore, especially if I walk just a block or sit at my computer too long. I had a 7" vertical incision and there's one spot about the size of a pea that is taking forever to close over. That's why it's uncomfortable to get dressed or wear underpants because the clothes rub on that spot and irritate it. I tried putting a bandaid over it for several days, and the adhesive from the bandaid made my skin all pink and raw. So now I'm sitting around in my nightgown all day long.

I heard that honey was a great healer for open wounds, sores, and hysterectomy scars. It's supposed to work like an antibiotic, anti-virus,
helps-to-heal all purpose remedy. Has anybody else heard of this or tried it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime47
Hi all, Went to the gym today to get back to the treadmill, hadn't been on it since last week. I did challange my self a bit and it felt good. How nice to have that tummy area worked on!!!!! My Dr. would have never gone for it.

Got the 5/6 week update from Hystersisters, have to read it to see if I am on target.

Looking forward to work tomorrow, it's hot here in Jersey and I know school will be hot so I have to find something to wear.....it will be great to get dressed with make-up and all!!!!!

Take care all let me know how the day it going for you.

Petrina

Good luck Petrina tomorrow!!!!!...I went to work yesterday for 4 1/2 hrs and Monday for 5-6 hrs....It did feel good to get dressed, new pants, put on some makeup and jewelry and have some laughs....felt wonderful in fact!!.....I went for a 5week checkup today, we considered it my 6 week,as she didn't have anything next wk and I got the all clear for everything I had her show me exactly how she placed the mesh as I am still so surprised that I don't feel anything below...she said it was because she went in with the robot and not vaginally and everything was anchored from inside???...She said listen to my body and see me in 6 months......let us know tomorrow Petrina how your first day went and hopefully it is not as hot....my son's school does not have air and he was very cranky and sweaty getting off the bus...poor thing....take care and have fun tomorrow!!
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsgal1070
Tropical 8:
I'm just scared. I don't want to push things too soon I guess. And a Panniculectomy is a like a tummy tuck below the belly button. I had a lot of weight there after my kids and it just kept expanding so I told doc to take it off! He did. Now I have a almost flat tummy.
I understand. I'm ready to get back in the intimate moments but I'm sorta' scared as well. Anyway, a tummy tuck huh? Oh, well. Good for you. I'm feeling better each day now. Been moving around quite a bit this week. I'm so ready to get back to the norm of things. Being a mom I thought I'd enjoy all this quite time and rest but even it can become a bore at some point. At least I've caught up on some movies (thanks to i-control on cable) and some bible reading as well. I have never had this much energy in the last year. I'm so glad I have renewed strength and can begin to enjoy things without being so pooped out so soon.
Unread 09-27-2007, 09:55 AM

I can not believe how fast time goes by when you are healing! I am now 5 weeks post-op since my TVH in August. Finally, I am starting to feel a bit normal. I have had more energy this last week, than I have ever had. I return to work next week, and am looking forward to it. It will be nice to be out of the house for more than 1-2 hours.

Today, is my last day of antibiotics for the vaginal infection I had. I will be glad when I have no more metal mouth taste & nausea that came with taking it. This morning, I finally was able to put a pair of jeans on and be comfortable.

Hope that all of my hystersisters are doing well!!

Tanya (38)
TVH 8/23/07 - failed novasure/fibroids (Kept ovaries)
Unread 09-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Today's post-op visit!

I feel like a million bucks!!! Had my post-op visit this morning (5 1/2 weeks), and she said I'm healing beautifully both inside and out, and I'm cleared to do whatever I want. Back to the gym (slow pace) tomorrow!

She said I have a few internal stitches left and may see them pass, and I should see my GP in 3 months to have my iron level checked. Otherwise, she'll see me in a year. She said she recommends a pap once/year for two years. If both come back clean, she'll do one every 3-5 years.

Got copies of my surgery and path reports, but will need to find a good medical website to translate a lot of the terms. Basic gist of things: multiple symptomatic fibroids, 12-week size uterus, mild adhesions, cervical cysts, menorrhagia, anemia.

I haven't felt this good in --- wow, I don't even remember when! Feeling healthy is amazing! I can even go out to eat without worrying about taking an immodium beforehand. I was hoping the surgery would help with my IBS and it certainly has.

Wishing everyone well - please stay in touch after we're moved to the clubhouse!
Unread 09-27-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcwave
I can not believe how fast time goes by when you are healing! I am now 5 weeks post-op since my TVH in August. Finally, I am starting to feel a bit normal. I have had more energy this last week, than I have ever had. I return to work next week, and am looking forward to it. It will be nice to be out of the house for more than 1-2 hours.

Today, is my last day of antibiotics for the vaginal infection I had. I will be glad when I have no more metal mouth taste & nausea that came with taking it. This morning, I finally was able to put a pair of jeans on and be comfortable.

Hope that all of my hystersisters are doing well!!

Tanya (38)
TVH 8/23/07 - failed novasure/fibroids (Kept ovaries)
Great TLC~ Its so good to hear others are getting around a lot better than a few weeks ago. Remember, take it easy though on the job. I was reading a lil' in the part of this site where other women who had their surgeries back in July and who were now back in the "norm" of things were finding themselves taking two steps back when they "overdid" because they "thought" they were out of the woods. No, ladies just because we have a good 6-week checkup does not mean we're outta' the woods. Take everything slowly and don't forget to read the checkpoints concerning YOU! Good luck first day TLC~ Bye
Tropical 8
Unread 09-27-2007, 06:44 PM

Hello!!!! Ladies

Good and Bad news.

I went back to work yesterday started out part time and a week later
start my full time back. It was not bad at all. But when I got home I was
tired. Bad news is that I am still bleeding from my hesterectomy that was
done August 13. I have to see my doctor on october 8 about that. I
wonder what she is going to do. Today I had a small clot. How is
everybody feeling.

Creshaunda
42 years old
two children
6 and 14 years old
Unread 09-27-2007, 06:54 PM
dutchclog

It was 5 weeks yesterday but this has been a bad week with cramping and pain.
Have my 6 week check up next wednesday
I feel like i have period cramp is this part of the healing process,
I'm starting to feel quite sorry for myself at the moment, but that will pass.
I'm still not sleeping properly at night so tired through the day.
But enough complaining have to look at the bright side everything is okay and the future is looking bright.
This is a wonderful site full of information that has been a great help
Thankyou everyone.......................

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register