Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 10-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribyra732
Ule...are you mean????

Congrats on your first day back!!!...Come on over to my place...I have the hips for you
I teach at an inner city high school here in Chicago where things can get rough...if you let them. I just can't stand chaos and confusion so I run a tight ship to save my own sanity. If you want to slap the word 'mean' on that, so be 'I'. With what I've been through this summer, I really don't need the drama.

On my way to get hips. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ule
I teach at an inner city high school here in Chicago where things can get rough...if you let them. I just can't stand chaos and confusion so I run a tight ship to save my own sanity. If you want to slap the word 'mean' on that, so be 'I'. With what I've been through this summer, I really don't need the drama.

Ule....I wasn't labeling u mean...I was just questioning what the kids asked you if you were mean.....I would say "tough" and from where you said you teach, you must be...good for you...let them know you are no-nonsense....
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygadiva6
I had my TAH/BSO on August 22nd and there were a few complications. I feel wonderful for all of you that can return to normal daily activities. As for myself, I think I have fallen into the pit of dispair. At my last MD visit, she said I can't do anything new---I was hoping for at least a bath-- But oh well.
I had TAH because only 1 sonographer could ever find my right ovary, I had a C-section, and my MD thought it was the best way to go. I guess she knew what was coming. She did all she set out to do and more. Cervix, uterus, what was left of my tubes, left ovary, all supporting structures, lymph nodes and the bonus was all the scar tissue. She left behind a "fingerprint" of my right ovary on a major artery just below my iliac somewhere in my hip area. She didn't want to risk cutting the blood supply. I also had 17 inches of bowel removed, the entire back side of my bladder and my right urater-all encased in scar tissue. She said she was glad she didn't have any students with her that day, they would have passed out at the sight of my "alien uterus" and how it was "growing" attatched to everything. My poor DH-the nurse came out and told him I was done, then another came out and said there were complications and I would be another hour or more. my surgery was close to 4 hours.

Enough of the icky details. I stayed in the castle for 4 days. I wanted to go home the next morning. I hadn't felt that good in years. I know the morphine had alot to do with the abscence of pain but I was taking upwards of 75 mg of percocet daily along with 100mg of dalodid and still unable to walk upstairs before surgery.

So here I am today. I haven't taken anything for pain since I returned home. I still feel unconfortable sometimes but nothing like before. AND I STILL CAN'T DO ANYTHING!

I know the reason is to reduce the return of the adhesions but I am a woman that has worked a minimum of 40 hours/week since I was 16 and have had 2 jobs since my youngest DS started school. I worked until 8/18/07 at both. I would have worked longer. My surgeon won't even okay me for light duty. 10 pounds is my limit - I can't play with my DgrandD and she's too little to understand. No bath, no excersize, no biking, no driving (I have a stick), no sex. I don't see her again til Thursday and I know the answer will be the same.

Here's what makes me feel even worse. My BFF of 27 years is having TVH on Wed. Same surgeon, same OG/GYN. and she's already been okay'd to return to work on light duty, baring any complications, at 3 weeks. I know her job is different than mine, without physical demands but that doesnt help me feel any better. I've been told that I CANNOT help her after her surgery

I tried talking to my BFF and she tells me to be patient. I had been sick for 6 months before surgery. I missed more work in that time than I had in my entire life combined. I feel useless and inadequate. My DH works 2 jobs now and I thank him wholeheartedly, but I don't think I do enough.

DS#4 has offered his savings to make the car payment (I told him no). DS#1 did make my house payment(I will be paying THAT back). DD#1 has brought groceries and my BFF has been doing all my laundry. DS#3 carries everything heavier than a gallon of milk and scolds me for bending, reaching and taking the stairs more than one at a time.

I have never needed so much help before and to make matters worse. . . I haven't felt so good in years. I want to do all those things I haven't been able to do and I can't.

Thank all of you for allowing me to vent these feelings. I actually feel better if only for a moment, having said all this

Good luck to all
Lady-G truly you have been thorough a lot. But still you're hangin' in there. Yes, a lot has transpired to your body but lets hope in the days to come, you will heall and be ready to enjoy your holiday season. You keep your head up and read a Psalm and thank God for every day you rise and see the sun, even if in pain. Take care. Keepin' you and all the gals in my prayers. Tropical 8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 08:19 PM
it's all about you baby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygadiva6
Thank you all for your positive words of encouragement. I am greatful for this wonderful outlet to understanding sisters.

I had a terrible morning and posting helped. I've also decided that the week I can't wear my estrogen patch sucks-this was only day 4 and I've been on the upper scale of "B----"

Thanks again and I will keep you posted. My 6 week is on Thursday 8am. I hope it's good news all around
Request some magazines and/or novels and enjoy; sit back and tune in to the WE channel or the Lifetime channel. Read your bible; say thank you to the Lord for bringing you out of surgery alive and practice letting everyone else take care of you. Before you know it, you'll be back busy again. Wishing you the best.....Tropical 8
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ule
I survived my first day back to work
I have a light class load and the kids were manageable. Mostly cute and bewildered freshmen.
  1. no real pain
  2. hurts to walk in heels alittle...need to work on my leg muscles
  3. my voice is still raspy since the surgery
  4. lunch sucks...something has gotta give if I'm going to get my hips back. lol

The kids were pretty cool today...They got 'checked' immediately. I guess my reputation preceded me. lol
Ms. 'Ule' we heard you were mean...well, not mean but err, uh.....
I ran out the door at 2:55 and came straight home. It's only 6:00pm and I'm ready for bed practically.
YOU GO GIRL! Whatta' day! Tropical 8
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ule

Hey, I'm originally from Chi-town. All inner city kidz aren't that bad but like the other sister said.....I won't give you any drama but I could shed a few inches of hips....hahahahha Take it easy AND run a tight ship. Its teachers like you that make the most successful kids. Bye. Tropical 8
Unread 10-01-2007, 09:59 PM

tropical8 - thank you for all your wonderful encouraging words.

I know that I need to take care of myself and follow my doctors orders. However, I am co-dependant. My definition is simple - I get my jollies from making other people happy no matter how miserable I become during the process. This is why I work in the profession I do, and why I feel terrible when others coddle me.

I have found solice. My BFF is having a TAH/LSO on Wed and I have taken over her house: kids old enought to follow directions and a DH that will be staying at the castle with her. I can still lay around and heal but I won't feel as obligated to cook or clean. Yeah me! Now our families will focus on her and leave me alone to my insomnia and hot flashes.

Life is good!!!!!
Unread 10-02-2007, 09:34 AM

A friend sent me the following and it's so beautiflly written I wanted to share it with my hystersisters. So here goes:

Moving Through Darkness
The Places We Go

In life, most of us want things to go to the places we have envisioned ourselves going. We have plans and visions, some of them divinely inspired, that we want to see through to completion. We want to be happy, successful, and healthy, all of which are perfectly natural and perfectly human. So when life takes us to places we didn’t consciously want to go, we often feel as if something has gone wrong, or we must have made a mistake somewhere along the line, or any number of other disheartening possibilities. This is just life’s way of taking us to a place we need to go for reasons that go deeper than our own ability to reason. These hard knocks and trials are designed to shed light on our unconscious workings and deepen our experience of reality.

Often it takes something major to wake us up, to shake us loose from our ego’s grip as it struggles to maintain an illusion of control. It is loss of control more than anything else that humbles us and enables us to see the big picture. It reminds us that the key to the universe lies in what we do not know, and what we do know is a small fraction of the great mystery in which we live. This awareness softens and lightens us, as we release our resistance to what is. Another gift gleaned from going to these seemingly undesirable places is that, in our response to difficulty, we can see all the patterns and unresolved emotional baggage that stand in the way of our unconditional joyfulness. Joy exists within us independently of whether things go our way or not. And when we don’t feel it, we can trust that we will find it if we are willing to surrender to the situation, moving through it as we move through our difficult feelings.

We can take our inspiration from any fairy tale that finds its central character lost in a dark wood, frightened and alone. We know that the journey through the wood provides its own kind of beauty and richness. On the other side, we will emerge transformed, lighter and brighter, braver and more confident for having moved through that darkness.

What do you think?
Discuss this article and share your opinion
Unread 10-02-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical8
Hey, I'm originally from Chi-town. All inner city kidz aren't that bad but like the other sister said.....I won't give you any drama but I could shed a few inches of hips....hahahahha Take it easy AND run a tight ship. Its teachers like you that make the most successful kids. Bye. Tropical 8
Thanks for the pat. Most of the kids are gumdrops but it only takes one or two who didn't get that 'kiss on the forhead' before they left the house that want to get their attention by any means necessary when they get to school.
Unread 10-02-2007, 07:30 PM

Today is my 6-week mark, and I'm feeling good. A bit of pain and pressure here and there, but all in all, life is so, so, SO much better. Tonight, I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting. Friday, it's back to work...

Hope everyone is well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register