Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 61 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 12-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Hi Brenda!! Michigan - brrrr... I guess our temps would probably feel like a heat wave to you! I have some friends in Ann Arbor and they've already been talking of shoveling snow! Ack - I'm so not ready!!

Sorry to hear your cold knocked you off the weight loss wagon. I know how that goes, but hey, there'll be plenty of time in January, right?!

We love the holidays, too! They always fly by so quickly. Remember when we were kids and the span of time between T-giving and Christmas seemed to last forever?! I want those old days back again!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 06:37 PM

Hi Brenda & Ann,

Happy Holidays to you both. I can relate totally - I still expect to be bedridden with pain then I realize it will never happen again.

It is hot here in Miami but there is a cold front coming which will be openly welcomed by me. I'm having 20-25 flashes a day (day and night) plus I'm a power walker. I pray my Dr. will be able to prescribe something new for me at my next appointment.

Good luck with your weight loss ladies. Have a Blessed Holiday and Ann have a wonderful cruise.

Best regards,
Catherine
Unread 12-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Ann...... OMG, I can remember way back when, time just plain went sooo slow all the time....

Seems the older I get the faster time goes by...That just isn't right!!!!

As for the diet in Jan......I think maybe I better start taking back a little more control before then or I'll have to start from the beginning again...I don't want to go there...

Catherine....Hopefully you can get those hot flashes under control, I had a few but was already on PremPro before surgery and was put on Premarin after and things are good!!! Good Luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellarubia
Hi Brenda & Ann,

Happy Holidays to you both. I can relate totally - I still expect to be bedridden with pain then I realize it will never happen again.

It is hot here in Miami but there is a cold front coming which will be openly welcomed by me. I'm having 20-25 flashes a day (day and night) plus I'm a power walker. I pray my Dr. will be able to prescribe something new for me at my next appointment.

Good luck with your weight loss ladies. Have a Blessed Holiday and Ann have a wonderful cruise.

Best regards,
Catherine
Hi Catherine! Sorry to hear about your hot flashes... I hope your doc can help! Prior to (and immediately after) surgery, I had night sweats on a regular basis and that was SO miserable.

Enjoy that Miami weather (we're expecting snow here tonight ), and Happy Holidays!!
Unread 12-04-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11306em
Ann...... OMG, I can remember way back when, time just plain went sooo slow all the time....

Seems the older I get the faster time goes by...That just isn't right!!!!

As for the diet in Jan......I think maybe I better start taking back a little more control before then or I'll have to start from the beginning again...I don't want to go there...

Catherine....Hopefully you can get those hot flashes under control, I had a few but was already on PremPro before surgery and was put on Premarin after and things are good!!! Good Luck!!!

You're so right --- time just flies, holiday or not. I honestly don't know where 2007 has gone! I definitely want things to slow down!

I suppose you're right about the diet - don't want to get too far off track, do we? I weighed in tonight and was up 0.4. I was actually pleased - this past week has been full of eating out and partaking in happy hour festivities, so only gaining 0.4 is like miracle!

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Unread 12-04-2007, 06:54 PM

Hey Ladies, I'm sitting at my laptop with sweat rolling down my face and back with a 3-1/2' tower fan blowing full blast....HELP ME !!!

All I want for Christmas is no more sweats. HRT is out of the question - I'm on Tamoxifen for 5 yrs. The Effexor which was supposed to cure the sweats from menopause and Tamoxifen side effects worked for 2 wks and now I have the side effects from it - THE SWEATS - TRIPLE DOSE!!!!

I'm waiting for my DNA tests to be sent to the Oncologist so I can get in there and see what else is available. I'm happy to be cancer free right now and shouldn't complain but this is a killer - how do women cope?

:-( Catherine
Unread 12-04-2007, 07:08 PM

Hi all, I guess it will be difficut for some to hear me say but I have not had a hot flash at all!!!!! In fact with everything gone I expected to really have problems all I heard about was what a roller coaster it would be and everyting I have seen the dr. I ask what is going on. He tells me some people once every thing is out and your body adapts never have any issues and I should be so happy. I am don't get me wrong, I am sorry for those having so many issues. Mabey the man up above decided to go easy on me since I can not take anything even natural stuff since I have had major complications with those in the past (blood clots) so I had to go it alone and it has been great. Things are even getting better with my husband if you get my drift.
Well, tired tonight, waiting for my teenager from dance and hitting the pillow. Take care.

Petrina
Unread 12-04-2007, 08:39 PM

Greetings all. Everyone sounds fabulous and well on their way to a full life. Boy has time flown; I can't believe Christmas Eve will literally be 4 months out for me.

I joined an aerobics class today and I am determined to fight the fatigue, get my circulation pumping properly and regain my muscle/tone again. I'm cooking more as of the last two weeks.

I'm counting the days until Christmas break and have scheduled a spa trip Las Vegas during the holidays.
Unread 12-04-2007, 08:46 PM

Hi everyone....I have been just busy with holiday preps and working (only 18-20hrs a week)....feeling good as far as my surgery....battling these unknown itchy hives/welts for 6 wks now..had them last year for 3 months straight....they are symettrical as they come out on both sides of my body and change locations everyday...no one seems to know why...allergist, internist, dermatologist....had to succumb to predisone as 3 rounds of that last year was the only thing that knocked it out...other than those aggravating things I am feeling good....need to lose about 20 lbs and tone up again...may join the gym.......glad everyone else is getting on with healing...Petrina, good for you on the hot flashes....my Mom after she had her hyst never had them and never went on anything..for now I still have my ovaries so we will see, hopefully I will take after her......Happy Holidays to all!!!
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:12 PM

Been making lots of goodies lately, and santa's going to gain some major inches this year! lol

Hope all is well with everyone.

Been spotting lately, yeah it's wierd being 3+ months out. There was granular cells growing on the incision that has been causing it. I say was because I went to the Dr. today and she removed them and carterized the area with silver nitrate. Was told this is pretty normal, but I hadn't seen anyone else discussing it, so I thought I'd do it. But other than that all is wonderful.

Have a wonderful weekend!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register