8 weeks post-op - severe pain and bleeding after intercourse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks post-op - severe pain and bleeding after intercourse 8 weeks post-op - severe pain and bleeding after intercourse

Unread 08-26-2007, 06:22 PM
8 weeks post-op - severe pain and bleeding after intercourse

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this....DH and I have had sex a couple of times since my TAH and I had a little light spotting following. Well...Friday evening we had sex again and this time it was very different. We didn't do anything different than we usually do but the pain was horrific. I couldn't get out of bed after and needed help to the bathroom (had blood going down my legs after) and then back to the bed. DH was so scared and concerned that he wanted to call and ambulance!! I refused that and told him I would be fine.
Well..two days later...I have swelling in my tummy and still have sever pain in my back and tummy area. Anyone had this happen?? Any advise on what it could be?? I am worried I tore something. Please help me here.
Don't really wanna bug the doctor if its nothing~yet don't wanna sit here and hurt and have it be something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 07:01 PM

Sorry to hear of your painful experience. Eventhough I am fairly new to this forum and just short of 3 weeks into my recovery - I keep getting the message to call my doctor when there's a problem. When in doubt - call.
It's good advice. Would be interested in hearing your doctor's imput on this. Take care.
Unread 08-26-2007, 07:05 PM

I don't think what you're describing is "nothing". I think you should call your doctor right away in the morning (and if you're still in pain, go to the ER tonight -- don't delay). You could have a torn vaginal cuff and need immediate attention, or there could be something else going on, too.

I want your next post to say you've seen the doctor, and please let us know what he/she says, OK? We care about you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 07:11 PM

I'm in agreement that you need to be seen by a dr and very soon. That level of pain and bleeding is not normal at 8 weeks. Please keep us posted how you are!
Unread 08-26-2007, 09:21 PM

Please seek the advice of your doctor. This may be nothing but then again it may be something. After everything you have been through it is not worth checking into. Please let us know how this turns out. We care about you and want to make sure you take care of yourself. I know your husband is pretty frantic and it would ease his mind also if you talked to your doctor. We'll all keep you in our thoughts.
Unread 08-26-2007, 10:27 PM

Gotta join the masses.. call the doctor. It does not sound 'normal' whatever that is... this whole experience has taught me how "unnormal" normal is. My dr. hasn't given me clearance yet so you MUST post back so we all know how this went. We are counting on you to do so. We are also sending you our very best wishes to feel more comfortable and get the answers you need. Hang in there.
By the way... I did have to giggle when you said you didn't do anything different than your usually do... that about sums up most of our lovelives.
Unread 08-26-2007, 10:33 PM

Please, call your doctor! I agree with your husband, you probably should have let him call an ambulance or take you in to the emergency room. Please take care of yourself. This is nothing to fool around with.
Unread 08-26-2007, 10:38 PM

I went to the ER and was told my vaginal cuff is irritated. The doctor told me that the bleeding and pain was normal and to take it slower next time and ease back into sex.
I am fine!! Thank goodness!
Unread 08-26-2007, 10:43 PM

Thanks for letting us know! I'm glad it wasn't more serious. Take it easy.
Unread 08-27-2007, 08:40 AM

I'am sorry that you had to go the ER..But relieved that you did not tear your vaginal cuff. Hope things heal quickly!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register