Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-10-2007, 11:13 AM
MIA for 2 weeks

Hi Ladies,

Well after 2 weeks I finally am able to sit at the computer for a few minutes. The proverbial light at the end of this tunnel is now shining. Had a rough go with 8 hours of surgery (they found more issues than they had expected but thankfully did everything while I was still on the table). Then a week later I was rushed back in with an impacted bowel. Worse than any labor pain I have ever felt. Then Friday I went back in with a bladder infection due 2 the cath. Now that I am able to go to the potty on my own I feel like a new woman. Amazing what we take for granted. Thanks for all your support during this. I'll add more when I can sit for more than 3 minutes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Yea

Hi sisters I hope all is well. I went to my 2 week check up and DR said I could go back to work, drive, and take a real bath hip hip yeah Ihave not had any problems and have been off the pain meds for over a week. He told me to start walking 15 min in the morning and afternoon until the 17th when I go back to work. I am a orientation and mobilty instructor. I do major driving but have no type of lifting. I do walk a bit but he said just listen to my body and pay attention to what it says. Still no lifting over 15, no sweeping mopping and all that good stuff but I feel soooooo great.

Hope everyone has a great week

TVH, Bladder sling, kept ovaries 8-28-07
Unread 09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Wow, Canuck, what a rough time you've had. I'm so glad you're home again now and doing better. I'm sure we'd like to hear more details of your lengthy surgery when you feel like it. Glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Here's a great big to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Bladder, etc Update

I am STILL having bladder issues almost 2 weeks post-op. I called my dr ofc to see if I just need more time, etc. and they want to see me tomorrow. I am kinda looking forward to it. This will be my first coherant visit since my surgery and I have a few questions to ask while I am there. The bad news is I have another dr appt tomorrow plus open house for DS which means I am going to be worn out! My cramping has increased over the last few days and I haven't found a way to get relief. I've done Motrin and even tried pain meds but nothing has helped. I also can't get my bowels to move. My belly is making the loudest noises all the time but nothing comes out (air or otherwise). It feels really weird.
Hope everyone else is doing well!

Anne (31)
LAVH 8/29/07
Only Right Ovary Remains
Unread 09-10-2007, 05:31 PM

Hey there Anne

Not to mother you but sometimes we all need to mother each other! Give yourself permission to skip the open house. My mom is an RN & she's been telling me that all these things are God's way of telling me to stop and rest and let the world go on a while without me.

My doctor told me at the hospital that they automatically give you a dose of antibiotics in your iv line during surgery which can knock your good intestinal bacteria down. So here is what I did & it's been working great. Get someone to buy you some Activia yogurt, frozen raspberries, Fiber One bran cereal, and a container of prune juice. The prune juice tastes a little nasty but drink 8 oz of it twice a day. Eat a dish of the yogurt combined with some thawed berries and some of that bran stirred in. My doctor said that combined with Colace stool softener twice a day would do it, and he was right. I only took one tablet and that was enough but I am still eating the yogurt/berries/fiber because it has worked well & I'm afraid to stop!

Hope it helps you. I hated having all that belly noise! Nice to get the digestive tract working again. Let us know how you are doing. And take time for rest. Like they say on this website, you only get one chance to heal right.

Big hugs!
Unread 09-10-2007, 07:17 PM

Whooo hooo, I've had a really, really good couple of days! Started on the metamucil 3 days ago, and it has worked for me. My system feels much, much more normal. In fact, quite honestly, it's only now that I'm feeling any "hysterectomy" pains! Until now, all I've been able to focus on is the darn 'wind' problem!! Anyway, I've had a social outing (3 hour ladies luncheon), several small walks, and today I drove a car. My parents drove by me when I was leaving, and I waved and tooted at them - they said I looked like a 16 year old who just got her license! I felt like one!

I went to four different stores (all very close by) and took my four little light bags to the car (individually)...then called my hubby to meet me in the driveway and take all four out for me. Big, strong man that he is!

I agree with the post that said "the exhaustion is God's way of telling you to slow down". It truly is. I came back, elated, but exhausted...so I just said "well done" to myself, and have more or less been lying in bed reading ever since. BUT...I had 7 hours out of bed, I was out and about, and it was 18 hours between painkillers. I'm just on super strength motrin, it does the trick for me now (and isn't binding, like the percacet was).

I plan to continue to accomplish little feats, continue to rest and nurture, and hope everybody else is doing the same. Celebrate the triumphs, accept our temporary weaknesses (I'm o.k. with not being able to vacuum - but not being able to walk my dog is hard), and rest, rest, rest.

Look forward to everybody's continued reports.

Diamondlover.
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Hi Kat,
Yes, I have been having sharp pains, shooting pains, all kind of **** pain in the area between the belly button and pelvic area. I had a Abdominal BSO on the 30th of August. I have had gas pains galore, a pain centered two inches to the left and about one inch south that is horrible whenever I try to turn when sleeping. I'm going back on Thursday for my two week check-up and am going to question the doctor. I'm actually afraid I've popped an internal stitch as the staples were removed the day I was discharged. I've been home with my DH taking care of me and he's pretty strict. I've done very little, aside from taking walks. My painkiller, Darvoset, makes me constipated and gives little relief from the pain, so I've been doing it cold turkey. Not fun, as it seems to have gotten a bit worse rather than better.
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Today I felt tired and my stomach was really sore, in fact I took a pain pill in the afternoon (usually I take it only before bed so I feel comfortable and can fall asleep without thinking about pain). Not sure why I'm feeling so tired, I'm not doing anything. Perhaps too much moving from one room to another, or getting up and down from my chair.

One other thought, I wore some jeans today with a stretchy waist. Mostly I've been wearing a long dress so there was no added pressure on my stomach. I don't really see how they could be the problem though cause I also wear a belly band all day.

I see the doctor tomorrow and get my staples out! Hope everything is just fine when they come out. Hopefully, I'll find out when my radiation will start too. I'm hoping for the month of October, so I'll be all done and recovering by mid-November for a vacation I have planned.
Karen Hope707 TAH/BSO uterine cancer stage1c grade 3
Unread 09-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Hope

Your post moved me. You have a great outlook on your recovery period and your radiation. I pray that God will touch you and make your healing easy. His word says to take His yoke upon us for it is light. He also tells us to pray about everything and worry for nothing. I will continue to pray for you as you begin treatment. I know God will bless you in a special way.

I am still having pain in my lower ab where my largest incision is. I still get really tired (went to bed after my after lunch today), and work is wanting me to come back next week. I told them, maybe a half-day. I teach 4th gr with some troubled kids that require total attention, so there'll be no rest once I return. So, I guess it's just normal to feel like this. I've had so little emotion, I'm wondering what's going on with me. No crying, no belly laughing (which is my norm), no anything. Just blah.... Getting the staples out should make you feel alot better with much less pain. Hope you'll feel normal again soon.
DFree
Unread 09-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Uggh!

So my Doctor's office told me when I scheduled this surgery that I'd be able to drive after two weeks as long as I was no longer taking any narcotics and I have been so excited thinking that I could get out of the house a little bit when I needed to. Talking to my Doctor last night he tells me that I have to wait until I see him on 9/25!! I'm ready to cry!! When is everyone else starting to drive?

Prayers and healing thoughts to all my sisters and special thoughts to anyone who is remembering a loss today with me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register