Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

New to this board and so glad I found it. I have been feeling a bit alone. I went back to work today (had surgery Aug 28). I am not sure that was a good idea. I am extremly tired and cranky to everyone. I have a two year old as well and it has been such a challenge to mind him. My husband is going out of town today and tomorrow so i am on my own. Daycare just called and he has a fever now....of course when I am alone he gets sick. Now I am in a panic mode and hoping I can find ways to sooth him without pikcing him up. I think it is a sign that I have to leave work early.

When do you all plan on returning to work? My Dr said at least 6 weeks, but I don't have 6 weeks left of paid time and really can't afford unpaid time off.

I too have pain urinating and stabbing pains off and on. I lay down just to rest and wake up 3 hours later. I have been out and about with little errands and driving, but really slow and cautious. It sounds that I may be doing too much....but my Dr really did not give me any restrictions.

I have this awful cough that just feels like razors everytime I cough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2007, 10:51 AM

Kat,

WOW i feel exactly how you do. I too am a very active person and sitting around is driving me crazy. My son is good about going to school (knock on wood)...but I worry still it's gonna be different. I have more cramping and pain some days then otehrs which is frustrating I think k did we not get teh pain away with this....but then I think I did just have major surgery so this has to be normal.

ANd some times I too am so tired and exhausted its hard to move much less take care of two kids. So it will be hard. Good luck to you too next week, its nice to have people on here who understand how we are feeling.

Mandi
Unread 09-13-2007, 10:52 AM

Oh Yah and hard as it will be try not to carry your little one into school I lifted my DD accidentally (force of habit) yesterday and I spotted right away. I dont know how to tell you not to exactly cause it will be very hard good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Post 9/11 Surgery

What was planned to be a supracervical hysterectomy
via laparscopic means
turned out to be a bikini cut incision due to the size and placement of the fibroids

my first night at the hospital was awful as my pain was not managed properly--I vomited in the middle of the night
extremely painful !!!!
the nurse did not read my chart correctly and I did not sleep

it felt worse then childbirth

so I had to stay another night

I did take a short walk at the hospital

and I am concerned about how I will lower myself to use the toilet when I get home

My husband is being very helpful as are my friends
I have two rambunctious children and I hope they will be helpful but I know they can't really understand what this feels like.
Thanks for your support.
Instead of a two day recovery, as you know, I am now facing at least 4 weeks.

Thanks.
Unread 09-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Ok it feels like its starting over

I had my LSH on Aug 27, felt pretty good but noticed that one of the incisions had a knot under it. Went to the dr on Tuesday the 11th. He said that it was a hematoma, and tried to drain it. Well after using probes and needles he said he could only get out about 1 tsp of the blood. that night i felt like I did in the hospital. yesterday wasnt too bad so, of course, I didnt take it really easy. BIG Mistake. Today I can feel every little twinge. I have noticed that many have gone back to work already. I thought maybe I was just being silly. But my mom who had a hysterectomy said that everyone is different and that everyone heals in their own time. That made me feel better. It's good to know that I am not crazy.

Unread 09-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Love & /TikiWoman

Love I feel so much for you. I cannot imagine going back to work yet. I am so tired all the time and achy. If you have any family, friends, or Church, call them. Don't be afraid to ask for help. You've had MAJOR surgery! Call someone. Don't try to take everything on yourself. Wonderwoman was just a tv show. I've just said a big prayer for your baby and your well being. Keep us posted as you're able.
TikiWoman: You can rent a seat at some drugstores or medical supply stores that goes over your toilet that has hand rails. Hope this helps.
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pets_n_dolls
This morning I found that I had actually bled during the night, probably an hour or so before I woke up. I'd only had a panty liner on & it pretty much covered it plus some had seeped to the back & there was a good quarter size blood spot on my undies. I'm not doing it now, only spotting but I called the dr office & she wants me to come in to check it out though there is probably nothing wrong. I have a 4:30 appt, if I didn't go I'd have to wait until next week to see her as she's in surgery all day tomorrow. Tomorrow is 2 weeks for me.
Dr said all was ok, sometimes there's granulation / scabs that cause bleeding. She looked inside & that was not fun! I was a big baby, really tensing up. It also hurt a bit. She put some medicine inside that stung quite a bit too. Stopped to pick up some prescriptions & panti-liners then home. Back in my nightie & took a pain pill. Waiting for dinner now. I'm so grateful I have enough sick time saved up to cover all this.
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:13 AM

Good morning Sisters! Hope everyone is feeling good today. I'm excited to be getting out of my house this afternoon. One of my Loan Officers (I'm a mortgage underwriter) offered to take me to lunch and then to the office so I can see my co-workers. We've actually decided (co-workers & I) to have Jimmy & I bring lunch in to the office and eat together. All the girls usually eat lunch together so it's like doing something "normal" for me. Woo Hoo!!
Unread 09-14-2007, 08:27 AM

Good Morning Sisters! I hope today finds you better than yesterday. I've always wanted to be able to lay around and sleep and now that I have the time and the need for it, I can't. My back is giving me a lot of problems, not just my lower back but my ribcage and shoulders too. Makes sleeping late impossible. It's supposed to rain here today. I could tell before I got out of bed. Arthritis is such a good barometer. I know when it hits 30 every time. But getting up made me get busy. I've folded a mountain of clothes a little at the time and studied my Sunday School lesson that I have to teach this Sunday. Now to just get it typed up. But I have to admit HysterSisters is now an addiction for me. I cannot sit down at this computer without checking in. I guess as addictions go, this one is a great one to have. Have a good day!
DFree-Mult. Fibroids/TLH -took everything but cervix
Unread 09-14-2007, 08:50 AM

dfree,

I feel exactly the same way that you do about this website! I am completely addicted! I feel like I know all of our Sisters personally!

I also can't sleep in but it's not because of my back. I'm trying to keep myself to my normal routine (albeit about an hour later than normal). I am so tired of being in the house that I'm afraid if I lounge too much I'll get depressed.

I'm really excited..in addition to going out today, I'm wearing "normal" clothes...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register