Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

meo,

I had LAVH so no incision, but from waht I heard if a lump comes out of that painful area you need to contact your doctor. Maybe its just sore tho from you moving around more I know the more I move around my incisions from the laprascope part of it get tender.

Good luck and hope you are doing well everyone!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 05:03 PM
"See ya next August" / I'm a schoolteacher, too.

Hi Ladies,
I had a TAH with BSO ( I think that's right) and saw my doctor Thursday for my 2 week checkup. She took the steristrips off ( staples were taken out day I left hospital) and said my incision looked "beautiful". Imagine that! She spoke of hot flashes and taking Benadryl to sleep at night - yeah right.. she ended it all with "See you next August". Well, okay!?!
I am a schoolteacher and plan to return to work on the 29th of October. I teach 4,5,& 6 grade. There are lots of steps at my school and I don't have much down time during my day, so I'm full taking advantage of my time off.
It hurts a bit in the incision area and I am having some bowel issues. I have mild IBS which seems to be rearing its ugly head. I am walking further each day, but do get wiped out easily. It's hard to fall asleep and stay asleep. I'm reading the Sudden Menopause book I ordered from this site and it's wonderful.
I do have a question- what's the word on applying any creams to your scar - once the time is right.
My husband wants to put Vitamin E on it. It's still slightly scabbed, so I haven't let him near it yet. Any advice??
Have a great weekend.
Unread 09-15-2007, 05:11 PM

Hi ladies,
Glad to find your postings, as my lower back really kicked in yesterday. It's a long term problem and I hoped it wouldn't give me any trouble during my recovery time, but Murphy's Law rules, huh? I have a Chiro appt Monday night, but wonder if she'll even touch me. Maybe she can just give me the therapy w/o any adjustment - I can't lay on my tummy yet, who can?
Let's hope our back problems fade away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 11:14 PM

Glendale-gal
My mom had double knee replacement last year and after the incisions healed, started putting vitamin E oil on them. It comes in a little bottle from the local drugstore. Her scars are lots better than my c-section scar is. Not very noticeable unless you really look. I'm going to do the same thing after my incisions are completely healed.
Unread 09-15-2007, 11:18 PM

Sandypa
I teach too (4th gr). I had LTH, and I'm starting back on half-days the 24th. Then I'll go back full-time Oct. 1. If I'd had to be cut (not just the 4 small ones from the laproscopy), I'd have taken the full 6 weeks. I'm still just so tired. One day, I'll feel ok, and the next totally wiped out. I hope I'm able to go back as planned, or my boss will never buy that I'm not able. Maybe arthritis inhibits a quick come-back and I know being 42 doesn't help either. But with little ones like you teach (with all the hugging and bumping) I'd stay out as long as I was able if I were you.
Unread 09-16-2007, 08:01 AM

Sitting is easier, it's been uncomfortable though with an LAVH with super glue outside you'd think it would be easier. Last 2 days my back was killing me, I think it was from Thursday after the bleeding when I was on the dr. table, wasn't a good chair to wait on & then during the exam kept tensing up. I tried to sit in my regular chair in the living room yesterday & it killed my back, I had to put some little throw pillows & eventually got comfortable last night.
Get so tired so easily, had dinner then looked a couple minutes in the freezer & that about wiped me out. Who would think moving a few things around would do that?
So far today I've read the paper & cut out a few small felt doll outfit pieces. Something to do with my hands to keep my occupied though working on latch hook kits for pillows for Christmas gifts is also helping. Still have to take a shower & I'm tired already.
I'm planning on driving for the 1st time this week. Tuesday I want to go to a weight watchers meeting (hopefully I've lost!) & the grocery store. That should do me in. My other half is worried that it's too soon & he keeps saying what if you get too tired to drive back or something. I just kept telling him I'll be fine. If it turns out to be too much I'll come right home. 10 years ago when I had my gallbladder out I was already driving by this time - drove myself to the dr. to get the staples out - but of course this is a totally different type of surgery & have to be even more careful than then.
Unread 09-16-2007, 09:30 AM
HELP ! NO BM since before 9/11

I never been so constipated in my life.
Have tried prunes, stool softeners, bran muffins, and milk of magnesia and still NADA !!!!

Despite being cautioned, I've been going up and down the stairs several times a day. I know I'm stubborn and a dear friend was warning me about the risks.

The ither day, My daughter was to busy IMing to get me some food and my husband thinks I have a low threshold for pain !!!!!

I'm feeling pretty good-except for hot flashes and constipation--
Today looks like it will be a quiet day
and
BTW
I had my surgery last Tuesday--9/11

Do you think I need to be taking it slower?

Thanks!
Unread 09-16-2007, 09:36 AM

Of course you should be taking it slower!! Tell your DD and DH that your Sisters are insisting that you take it much slower! Have you talked to your doctor about your constipation? That's seems like a dengerously long time to go without a BM. The pressure that you've got going on this there must be very painful.

Sending healing (and moving) thoughts!
Unread 09-16-2007, 10:06 AM

Tiki, tell your daughter to get off the computer and ask your husband if he knows how it feels to be sawn in half.
My husband has been great. But I made him read the Hysterectomy Checkpoints on this board. It's been very helpful. I know I've been overdoing things as well....mostly because I am so darned bored. But I keep reminding myself of the consequences if I overdo it. I believe on the Checkpoints page it tells you what may happen if you injure yourself at this time. Print out two copies and hand one to each of them. TAKE CARE!!!
Unread 09-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Low Threshold for Pain

Tiki, I'm shocked your husband wasn't sawn in half by you, saying that! Mine would have been (I would have found the strength...). LOL.

I want to point out that with your surgery date, you're on the wrong "recovery" thread....all of us on this board had our surgeries much earlier than yours, and will be in a "better place" with recovery. You may want to switch over, just so your symptoms and problems are more normalized by those around....if you compare yourself to us, you're going to feel you're not coping as well, which isn't the case (look back on the thread!!). But, one thing I want to suggest to you is drinking a glass of that orange metamucil every morning and every evening. That was a godsend to me, it put me back to being regular, and the constiplation/gas pain was the hugest hurdle for me earlier on. It was agonizing. Metamucil is my new best friend. Possibly you'll need a fleet enema to get the ball rolling, and then take metamucil twice daily.

I have really found that "two steps forward, one step back" is very, very real. I felt much better on Friday than I did on Saturday. I had been excited about going out to a neighbourhood birthday party yesterday late afternoon, and only lasted 3 hours before having to come home to bed. I was sore, exhausted, shivering. And I wasn't overdoing it, standing or walking too much, just doing what I've been doing for 2 weeks now, mostly resting, some walking around. On Friday I was able to take a walk, and sit outside with my girlfriends and chat for much, much longer than that. I'll see how today goes.

I will continue to listen to my body, but overall, I'm so pleased with my recovery. Just wish I could clean the house and bring it up to "my" standards. Right now I'm living with "their" standards. Boo, hiss.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register