Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

My surgery was on 8/29 I had the first surgery of the morning but wasn't in my room until 1:30 PM. Surgery was over and I was in recovery at 9:30. Kept both ovaries. Doctor left a drain in for the first day so there was some yucky leaking when I moved but he said it's better to have that then the build up of blood under my incision. Hospital room was so hot I ended up with a nast sinus headache that just wouldn't quit regardless of pain medication that I was on. I haven't had any leaking since Thursday when he took out the drain. Just started with discharge again today. Overall though I feel good! Glad it's over.. Hoping for great results for all my sisters.... XOXOXOXO, Marie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Am I normal?

I am 4 days post op and other than an annoying reaction to the darvocet, I have had minimal pain. I am bored to tears and wanting to get out of the house. I had a vaginal but it was my understanding that I kept my cervix and my ovaries but after reading other posts, I wonder if I have my cervix. It seems like it's uncommon to keep it. I have had one really bad crying spell. I quit taking all the pain meds because they were making me sick. I had kidney pain yesterday from so much darvocet but after stopping it and drinking a gallon of water, the pain is gone. Today i am just sore and a little stiff. I am drinking a detox tea to get all these meds and anesthesia out of my body. I guess I sort of wonder what exactly is supposed to hurt? Other than soreness and stiffness from inactivity, I don't really hurt anywhere. Not that I'm complaining mind you.....LOL. michelle
Unread 09-01-2007, 08:27 AM

I had my surgery the 28th too. No major problems until yesterday. I had three coughing spells and sat and cried. I could not believe the pain! My hubby has been soooo good to me thoughout this whole thing. When I couldn't get in and out of bed on my own, he picked me up and put me in even when I had to go to the bathroom 3 times during the night. He stayed with me at the hospital too! You'd have to know him to understand. He's always been the tough guy in the family, never showing much sensitivity. This has let me see a new side of him that 23 years of marriage had not shown me. Hope your days and pain get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simma816
Had my TVH on the 28th along with laproscopy to check on my ovaries and tubes. I've been home since Thursday- but I tell ya- this has been TOUGH! One hour I feel fine and the next I'm in SO MUCH PAIN. The percocet doesn't help much with the pain, all it does do is make me DIZZY. I'm not usually the one to complain, but WOW! My husband thinks that I don't take it easy enough but I swear- I ask for some help and it's like pulling teeth! So I get up to do it myself and he gets mad at me! I realize that I'm irritable- but c'mon!
Now I am 4 day post-op and in more pain today than I was on the second day- I am backed up so bad- i haven't gone since the day before surgery during bowel prep (OHH- and THAT was fun!) I'm frustrated and bored out of my mind.
The weirdest part is that I lost feeling in my tongue since I woke up from surgery. They say since my tongue is pierced that it's going to take longer for feeling to come back there.... ok... fine.
And then since the day I came home from the hospital, I have had a weird cramp in my foot. I've tried everything- popping my neck and my back- thinking maybe it's a pinched nerve- nothing has helped.
I'm constantly nauseous and I have the worst hot flashes even though I still have both ovaries.
I feel like I'm going to POP! AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!
Then to top it all off- my house is a MESS!
I REALLY NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!
*sniff* I need a hug....
Big !!.....maybe you should ask the doc to change your meds...percocet did nothing for me and made me nauseous...doc gave me a anti-nausea patch you put behind your ear for 3-4 days and no more nausea!!!...she also prescribed some pills for nausea to use after patch wore off but I did not need them by then....she switched my pain med to diladud...worked great and helped me relax/sleep....by day 4 I was only taking the 800mg Motrin and xtra strength Tylenol for the pain......I also kept both my ovaries and have had a few "hot flashes"...was told was normal until ovaries come out of shock...I was grateful for the one real bad one as I sweated all the xtra fluid out of my body....for the constipation did u try anything....I drank the milk of magnesia on day 2 and 3 and by day 4 relief came!!!........also made sure to eat a big bowl of applesauce each day and stayed away from rice, peanuts, chocolate and other things I knew would constipate me...Mom's homemade chicken soup rocked!!!..Most important..rest...there will always be time to clean house...it really takes weeks before you should do it no matter how you feel on the outside, internally needs to really heal up so that you don't risk further problems.......hope you feel better soon...day 5/6 were the turning point for me..hopefully for you too!!
Unread 09-01-2007, 09:07 AM

Siima
I am so sorry for the way you feel If it helps you I to have good hours and bad hours. My hubby and kids r trying to help bujt it is not the same as a mom keeping things clean. I had my TVH on 28th kept my ovaries. If you need anything let me know.
Unread 09-01-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfree
I had my surgery the 28th too. No major problems until yesterday. I had three coughing spells and sat and cried. I could not believe the pain! My hubby has been soooo good to me thoughout this whole thing. When I couldn't get in and out of bed on my own, he picked me up and put me in even when I had to go to the bathroom 3 times during the night. He stayed with me at the hospital too! You'd have to know him to understand. He's always been the tough guy in the family, never showing much sensitivity. This has let me see a new side of him that 23 years of marriage had not shown me. Hope your days and pain get better.

So thankful for DH's....yours sounds wonderful, makes you realize why you married him in the first place!! Mine was/is a great help..he leaves house at 5am, drives 2 hrs to work, works, 8hrs, then the 2hr drive home....comes in w/a smile, starts throwing in laundry, getting dinner in oven/bbq..been sleeping on the couch for 9 days so I can have all the room in the bed........never complained and always has a smile.....sorry about your coughing spells....at about the 8th day it did not hurt to cough...but the few fits I had were brutal....here's to your quick recovery!!!...Make sure to let DH know how much you appreciate him.....
Unread 09-01-2007, 12:30 PM

Well, I am now 3 days post op and I am still really foggy from the general and the morphine shot that they gave me. I have been sleeping quite badly. I can sleep about 4-5 hours on my back with my legs propped up in bed but then I have to move to the couch and recline myself so my back doesn't continue to ache. I've been having migrane headaches from the general (I have always had this reaction) but this time round, I have been taking my migrane meds. I am taking motrin for my swollen belly pain. I had a laproscopic hysterectomy with the removal of one ovary and tube. I have five cuts on my belly. I called my doc on Friday and he called in Premarin because I was feeling wacked out, hot flashes mood swings, sobbing (really sobbing). I am feeling better today, Sat. I am glad that I finally went forward to have this operation done. I have been living with very, very painful periods for three years and intimacy with my husband was getting painful. So, I hope that as each day passes, I feel a little better physically and emotionally. This was such a hard decision for me and now as I sit here typing away, I have had a moment of relief knowing that all that horrible pain that I endured two weeks out of every month is over. It's over! I am now healing. God, I am healing! Many blessing to all of you who are recouping. The worse is behind us, now.
Unread 09-01-2007, 04:10 PM
finally feel like joining in

I had TVH on 8/28 because of large cystocele which needed to be repaired. My uterus was also prolapsed, so doctor said I should have it removed so that repair would last. I went in for surgery about 815 a.m. and was in recovery about noon. Doctor was planning to take my ovaries (my preference) but wasn't able to do so. He said there wasn't enough room to see them and they were high.
My recovery was rough, probably because of the morphine (which I notice caused a lot of problems for this group of sisters). I fainted three times and vomited until they finally removed the morphine pump. Oh yes, we also had a tornado warning during my recovery. When DD mentioned it the next day, I could vaguely remember them moving my bed against the wall. She said they also gave her a couple blankets and advised her to go into the bathroom. We didn't have a tornado, but did get 2-3 inches of rain.
Then I also developed pneumonia while I was in the hospital. I came home yesterday after receiving IV antibiotics and oral antibiotics to bring home with me.
My pain isn't bad at all. I'm still taking a couple Vicadin during the day but expect to stop in a day or two. I don't have gas or trouble with BM's. I wonder if that is because I didn't have to do bowel prep. My main discomfort is in my lungs from the pneumonia and the fatigue.
I'm so happy to have the surgery behind me and will enjoy keeping up with the rest of you as you recuperate. Take it easy. It will be so difficult not to do too much as we feel better.
Take care.
Unread 09-01-2007, 05:53 PM

I think I did to much today. I was up alot and moving around. Now I have what feels like pressure in my belly that wraps around to my back. I am laying down now and I hope this passess son. We have friends coming over to BBQ with. I don't know if I can handle it.
Unread 09-02-2007, 03:30 AM

Today was a slightly better day... I slept a LOT off and on but now I'm getting to the emotional part. Little things seem to be setting me off and I've been getting REALLY lonely. I miss being up and around doing normal things and just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I can't believe I'm about to say this- but I actually MISS being able to clean my house! (crazy- I know!)
I still haven't had a BM and I can't feel when I have to go pee... I have to go every couple of hours and sit on the potty just to make sure I go... I hope THAT doesn't last forever....
I have a SLIGHTLY elevated temp... but I have only taken it while on 800mg of Motrin... I'm going to let the motrin get out of my system and the take it again.
Tongue is STILL numb. Which sucks- I want to be able to taste food!! My dr told me that if it doesn't come back in 3 weeks, he's going to send me to a E.N.T.
Well, enough complaining for now- I'm going to take another nap before the kids start waking up.
Thanks so much for listening. I'm so glad the website is here- it helps having people who are going through the same thing here to talk to.
Thank you for listening.

& :
Simma

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register