Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-17-2007, 05:56 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Dear Hystersisters,

Well, today and tomorrow and its back to work. I don't know what to expect. I will talk with my boss today. I am scared (will I pass out after 4 hours?) but also feel somewhat ready to join the working force again. Everything inside of me seems to be healing alright....over the past couple of days. my joints have started aching...really bad....I had a Thyroid test done last Mon. as I am hypo and the operation could have thrown my Thyroxin all over the place. Maybe not enough estrogen replacement? I don't know. I just need to feel good enough to slowly get back into a working woman's hours. The kids are alittle better. Not fighting as much. Lord, I am glad they have school today! Husband still out of town....I swear I will never let him leave me again during a recovery like this. I still can't believe he actually left without a glance back. I was acting too brave....won't happened again if there is a second time. Take care sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 06:06 AM

BA82007,

Hopefully there won't be another recovery like this! Take it as easy as you can. I'm sure that is so much easier said than done...

Healing thoughts and prayers to you and all our sisters...
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:00 AM

Thanks Meo100366, I will go slow and thanks again for the prayers and healing thoughts. All of us sisters deserve the best treatment right now and really we should all be proud for what we are all about and the strength in our numbers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 07:27 AM

Hi BA82007,

Good luck with going back to work. I am supposed to go back next Monday and like you I'm a little scared about getting really tired and from being dressed in "real clothes" for a whole day. Right now I only put them on when I go out, but I find after a couple of hours I am ready for my pajama bottoms. Let us know how you make out.

Hope all my hystersisters have a great day!
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:49 AM

I am so glad I logged on today as I have been struggling all weekend feeling guilty about feeling in pain wondering if I am just being lazy or milking my recovery, but after reading this many people seem to be feeling the same. Friday am felt fantastic, cooked dinner for family homemade soup roast beef banoffee pie, felt fab but boy did I pay for it, i have been in agony since, saturday took to my bed and today had the doc back out but he says my hernia is playing up because of the pain meds so between the swelling for that and the swelly belly there is just imply too much pressure, the answer? take it easy, but it is just so hard! anybody else having the ame guilty feelings? And man am I bored, done christmas shopping online yesterday figure I can get the wrapped whilst sitting here so something good has come out of it, my first organised christmas for years!!!! Hope all my sisters are feeling better. from bonnie scotland
Unread 09-17-2007, 08:04 AM

Susan,

What a great idea! Christmas shopping online. I think I'm going to start that too! It's not like I'm not online anyway all day!!

Hope you feel better. I'm giving myself extra rest today too. My abdomen is sore above my incision and the swelling was a little worse last night. I was really active Friday & Saturday so I'm cutting back for a couple of days. I did put a call in to the Doctor just to be on the safe side.
Unread 09-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Caution Contains mention of Baby!

It must be we are feeling better and doing too much. I too felt good over the weekend. I stood by my daughter through out her 3 hour active labor and delivery yesterday. Too long standing and too much tensing of my body, and probably lifting as I helped hold her legs. Today I have new pains in my stomach, not right at the incision but a few inches out. I hope they don't delay my radiation treatment. I go see the radiologist for the first time today and find out exactly how many and what kind. I have a month long vacation already reserved starting mid November (Planned before the cancer and hysterectomy.) I hope I'm feeling well enough to go then!
OH, by the way it was a beautiful baby girl! My daughter kept saying, I don't think the epidural is working anymore, I'm really in a lot of pain. Of course they said it is just the pressure of the baby's head. Right as the baby's head was coming through, they discovered that the epidural indeed was not working, too late, they had to deliver the baby and couldn't wait to redo it! She is doing well, but sore bottom. A lot of ripped muscles even with an episiotomy. She is only 4'10 inches and the baby was 7pounds 9 ounces. Pretty big for her tiny frame! I'm trying to tell her a c-section sounds easy but she'll be uncomfortable like me for a good two weeks rather than a few days. I'm sorry about including this, I was so happy that I forgot some of you are mourning the loss of your child bearing organs.I'm old and already in menopause so that aspect never bothered me. Plus I speak from experience: adoption is great. The daughther who had this baby was adopted and the best gift we ever gave ourselves!!!
Karen Hope707 Aug 29, TAH/BSO uterine cancer 1c stage, grade 3 radiation to come soon
Unread 09-17-2007, 08:36 AM

Karen,

Congratulations! I'm sure being worn out today is worth the help that your DD needed from you!

Rest today, you deserve it!!
Unread 09-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Congratulations Karen

That's wonderful news. And believe me, I would have stood by my daughter's side throughout - no hysterectomy would have stood in my way of that! I understand completely why you'd do so, and just take the "hit" today!!!

Susan, I had my hysterectomy the morning after returning to Canada from 3 weeks in Scotland, so it was lovely to see someone from bonnie Scotland online! I literally flew in, unpacked, did laundry, put it away (wanted to come home to a clean bedroom), collapsed in my bed for a few hours, got up and had surgery!!

I had a strange night last night, I woke myself up 3(count 'em, three) times in the night, hurting myself doing great big "cat stretches", if you know what I mean - belly extended and all. In my sleep, I was stretching, stretching my body, and then WHAM, a sharp pain....why would I do it? And so many times. I'm still sore from it, we aren't meant to stretch like that right now! Possibly ever at 49! LOL.

My husband decided to have a party of 30 men this afternoon, a post-golf tournament party. He made the wise decision not to play the game himself, just stay home and CLEAN and prepare for the party. Wise, wise man. In fact, my house and yard look so good, I asked if he'd have them over every Monday!

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm so grateful for the support of all of you.
Unread 09-17-2007, 10:41 AM

Karen,

Congrats on your beautiful granddaughter. Im 28 and have two beautiful kids. Its nice to hear of newborn babies, even if I cant have anymore, its a miracle for somebody else to experience, Ive had my time and I love them more then anything in this world!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register