Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Hi gals!

Its been a rough last few weeks but I think things are starting to get alittle better here. TVH on 8/29, then re-hospitalized from 9/7-9/14 due to post op infection. Second surgery on 9/7 to remove a 300cc abycess, then third surgery on 9/10 as the infection had spread throughout my entire abodomen. Although prior to surgery #3, then told me I would likely be losing alot more, they only needed to cut out 6 inches of my colon. I'm not permitted to take any gas meds, so it's been interesting as my "left colon" and "right colon" are learning how to talk to each other to make gas and BMs. Rather painful, but it's getting alittle better each day. I so envy you gals who are out walking around and doing housework and going shopping! Its exhausting for me still just to take a shower. My stitches from the 3rd surgery are healing well, according to my DH as I still don't like to look at them. I had my staples removed this past Monday and have surgi strips on the incision now. For you gals who had a TAH, how many stitches/staples did you need?? I had 12 staples from my belly button down to my pelvic bone... wonder if that is typical if I would have had a TAH?
Glad to hear so many of you are doing so well!
Take care,
Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Hi Jackie126,
Wow! You've really been through the wringer! I'm glad you're home and on the mend. Take it slow. Tomorrow will be three weeks for me and I still have problems sleeping, along with the bowel issues and tiredness. We have to give our bodies time to heal. You're in my prayers.
Unread 09-19-2007, 09:21 AM

Good morning,
I had my tvh on 8/28, i'm into my 3rd wk of recovery and almost feel great. My surgery started at 6:30 pm and I was back in my room by 11:30. The only thing I thought about after I got there was where is my husband? I expected him to come through the door any minute but as the minutes ticked into hours I realized he must have gone home!
When I awoke the next morning I felt great, I'm sure the pain meds were still in my system and my intestines were still sleeping. I was famished - so of course I ate food, rice and chicken - it was great - don't mean to be graphic but it came back out the same way it went in. Day 2 - the 29th was the worst - that is when the gas started building and absolutley nothing was moving, the nurses brought in pills for the gas and the pain and I was released on Friday the 31 rather than on the 30th. I refused to go home. I was so sick and in so much pain from the gas I wasn't about to budge, after all aren't hopsitals for sick people? My Dr. was slightly irritated that I didn't leave on the prescribed day that she made sure I knew there would be no challenges for departure the next day.!
A week and half after my surgery is when I finally had a bm. Unbelievable to me that the "professional" medical team doesn't send you home with stool softeners?
I'm glad it's over - but will always have the question why are there over 40,000 women diagnosed with endometrial cancer a year in the U.S.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2007, 09:46 AM

Jackie,
I'm so sorry you had such a rough time. Surely better days are ahead of you.
A big to you.
Unread 09-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Hello jackie129

jackie129,
I am so sorry to hear about all of surgeries. I am sure it would seem like days are really long for you. I am one day shy of 3 weeks and I just managed to put on a pair or regular pants! I can't wear any cute undies becasue they are too low cut and it just irritates..I kept a few granny panties for periods. I have only been out of the house three times in almost in 3 weeks and two of those were to the Dr. then back home. I am still very tired, depressed at times (I cry for no reason...lip stuck out and everything) and my bowels still don't know what they are suppose to do.
I can see why it is taking you longer to get up and running. You have been through it! I understand the gas issue. I had it "terribly". I had horrible intestinal spasms, the first attack lasted 15 hours straight with no relief from anything! That is tough. It made me really feel bad about my babies when they had colic. Their little tummies must have hurt so bad.

Hang in there, tell yourself that this is all temporary, you will heal and be back to normal before you know it.
Blessing's,
oklahomakitty
Unread 09-19-2007, 10:11 AM

Jackie,
You poor thing -everything we hope won't happen- you got. I certainly feel sorry for your predicament and I truly wish you a much better, faster recovery now!
Karen Hope707
Unread 09-19-2007, 11:18 AM

Jackie,

Let's hope that you are finally on the road to recovery!!

Wishing a great day to all our sisters!
Unread 09-19-2007, 11:23 AM

Thanks, girls. I appreciate all the support! My family and friends are great, but no one really understands like my "hystersisters"!!

Jackie
Unread 09-19-2007, 11:29 AM

Isn't that the truth!!!
Unread 09-19-2007, 11:52 AM

Jackie, you certainly have had an ordeal and I feel foolish now complaining about anything! I pray this is the end to your complications.
I had my app't. yesterday with my dr. When I got there, they said she was called out for a delivery and would be back in about an hour. Well, I live half hour drive away, so I decided to go shopping at a store down the road. I stayed there for about an hour walking around...and spending some money. When I went back to the dr., I had another hour wait. She said I was healing very well after an internal exam where she poked inside and outside OUCH! I asked when I can go back to work and she said anytime. Then she realized I'm not even 3 weeks and said I have to take 6 weeks. We compromised and I am going back on Oct. 3. Needless to say, after the day I had, I was exhausted. Now I know I'm not ready to go back to school with a bunch of very affectionate and active kindergarteners and first graders. Today I had haircut and highlights that took 2 hours. I was supposed to meet friends for lunch, but I bowed out. I'm so beat!! I think that's the worst part of the recovery.....fatigue!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register