Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

I've had 3 days of feeling much better. I'm even sneezing with full force! Stomach is still tender in places but not too bad. Can't walk very fast though.
But I'm not doing any housework! I helped make rice for dinner tonight or I make my salad and that's it. Did a few errands this morning with hubby driving and carrying groceries and I took a nap shortly after getting home. I'm hoping things are going to improve continuously over the next 5 days cause I start radiation next Monday and that will bring about more fatigue and a new set of problems.

Karen Hope707 Aug 29 TAH/BSO uterine cancer stage 1c grade 3 radiation starting Oct. 1 25 external and 3 internal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2007, 09:25 PM

Today= Meltdown Day
Well Ladies,
I. too, had a tough day. I woke up after a wonderful nights sleep- yes, sleep! I went to my PCP yesterday with my assortment of complaints and walked out with a script for Ambien. Ah, uninterrupted, sleep- a wonderful thing. Well, that's as far as it went. Why? Cause the vertigo that woke me up on Saturday hasn't gone away. Yes, it has dissipated, but it's definitely not gone. I feel like I'm going to start spinning at any moment. It's particularly bad right now.
I am 3 1/2 weeks post-op and had planned on starting to drive this week. Not. My DH has forbidden it, and I don't blame him, as I am not myself.
Aside from the spinning, I have been extremely emotional today. I cried on and off all day, most of the time, not knowing why. Lovely, just lovely. I have no intentions of doing HRT, so I'll just wait to see how nutty this is going to get. The flashes haven't been too bad, Thank God. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. I'm not planning on any Ambien tonight, unless I am still awake till 3:45 AM like I was Sunday night, no, Monday morning. Whatever.
Goodnight.
Unread 09-25-2007, 09:33 PM
sandypa

sandypa
I am so sorry life is stinky at the moment. I just had a mini-spaz a few minutes ago as well. I really don't understand it all. I am not a super educated person but I can love on people when they are down and I do know that you are thought about by the girls who post here and we care about you.

As far as the lump at the base of your skull, call the Dr. tomorrow and ask them about it. I know we have many lymph glands in our head and neck. Your immune system may just be fighting to normalize. Eat well, add yogurt or acidophilus to your diet, it will strengthen your immune system, drink water and rest, rest...we have made it this far resting we can do it a little while longer. We have plenty of days ahead to do the things we need to do, right now your body is trying to mend.

Are you on HRT? My very close friend had a total hyst and had severe emotional issues until her hormones were balanced. If you feel that you are reacting quite abnormally I would suggest calling in to your Dr. and telling them. You shouldn't have to suffer or be afraid, ask those questions...
oklahomakitty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2007, 09:45 PM

Hang in there diamondlover I feel the same way except without the spotting. I have been down most of the day. I felt great this morning then Wham! It is so hard to see my 79 yr.old mother taking care of my dishes and laundry? I feel like a louse. She needs my help. I am just stopping to be greatful that I have her here with me. If it was my daughter I would do the same thing for her. Bless her heart.

It sounds like you may need to be off your feet a bit more. We are all so anxious to get back to normal but we have to realize that we had surgery. 4 weeks is nothing...we had parts removed! That is mind boggeling when you just think about it a minute. We expect our bodies to just pop back into shape in 4 weeks. It works that way for some but evidentlly you and I need a bit longer. Be careful, you don't want to mess up the healing process and cause more problems down the road. Like I said to sandypa, "Rest,rest we have time to do the other stuff later."
Unread 09-25-2007, 09:51 PM

Glendalegal
I am just gonna hug everyone before I go to bed and tell you to hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day. When you get the Ambien out of your system your head will clear up and the dizziness will go away. I wish I knew what to help you sleep. My Dr. gave me a name of something to get at the healthfood store but I can't remember the name.I want to say 5HTP??? Something like that. It is a natural sleep aid.
Blessing's,
oklahomakitty
Unread 09-25-2007, 09:55 PM

hope707 ,
Tomorrow is a new day! I pray your strength will continue to increase so you will feel strong going in to radiation Monday. Sleep well...
oklahomakitty
Unread 09-25-2007, 10:04 PM

Seems we've all had set backs today good night all and here's to a better tomorrow!!

I just sorted out two toy boxes, made me and dd lunch, and did some dishes and my DH came home and said you look like crap, i said thanks i feel like crap so I layed down I tried to type and I was so weak I couldnt how crazy is that. I never thought I'd be this tired.
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:03 AM

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

I hope this morning brings brightness to you all . It sounds like a lot of us have been having rough times.
We will make it through, we have to.

Is anyone cramping, almost like cramps of a period? Other than that,these crazy emotions and a super sore belly I think I am surviving.

Blessings to everyone,
Candice

TAH, 8/30/07 kept both ovaries -- abnormal uterine bleeding, severe anemia
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:43 AM

I have had cramps. They are not to bad but enough for me to notice and think ok I dont have a uterus or cervix so what the heck....
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:39 AM

At least we have each other, all the sisters, to help "normalize" things for us, and realize we're not alone, we're not being big babies, we're not going out of our minds, and confirming there's a lot of frustration out there. But it's hard to feel absolutely terrific one day, convinced that you're well on the road to recovery, and suddenly WHAM, you're in pain again. Hopefully today will be a great day. It's just becoming oh so monotonous.

Having said that, the pain is nothing at all like the pain I would have had with my "first non-period"!! I'll hang onto that thought, it cheers me up!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register