Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

So sorry to read about your cramps and crazy emtotions. I think it must be due to your age. I'm almost 59, not many hormones left. Luckily! I have not had too many crazy emotions, though I did just scream at my husband last night -which is not me at all! My stomach is feeling even better today and I emptied the dishwasher for the first time. The bending in my stomach wasn't even a thought in my head it felt so normal!

Remember they say 6 weeks to heal. We still have 2 to go. My cousin told me that at 5 weeks she was thinking "Will I ever get back to normal, I'm just tired and not better." Then at 6 weeks, she was feeling pretty much normal.

I hope you all take it easy (some of you are absolutely doing too much house work!!!!) and feel much better today!

Karen Hope707
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 09:47 AM

I totally agree I was just telling my Dh how this site makes me feel normal and not crazy it hasnt even been four weeks really and it was major surgery BUT it is so frustrating to feel so good and then you just pick up toys and you feel like you ran a marathon its awful. But y ou are right its nothing compared to the pain before surgery I was saying ya know its almost like I have to learn to live without the pain now I got so accustomed to it.
Unread 09-26-2007, 10:41 AM

Today is officially my first "un-period"!! I can definately get used to that!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 10:51 AM

I have a cleaning business, and today was my first day of cleaning. I have helped my husband with a business that we clean for the past couple weeks, but he has always done the vacuuming. I chose to do just one this week, and this one takes the least time (short 3 hours). It's a 90-year-old man, and he was so sweet. He insisted on carrying my vacuum into the house. He asked me several times if I was doing okay and told me not to scrub floors on my hands and knees (I still did after he left to go fishing). He told me how happy he was to have me back and that he hoped it wasn't too much for me. People really can be thoughtful.

I actually feel pretty good. It felt good to be back into a bit of my old routine. I think it was good for me too, but then I haven't had much pain or discomfort for quite awhile. It's a beautiful day here in Iowa, and it was great to get out.

I hope so much that the rest of you are having a good day.
Unread 09-26-2007, 12:38 PM

I too had trouble breathing after surgery, all I remember is them telling me to breath and then the alarm going off until I took a deep breath. Slept most of the day with oxygen. More scary now looking back on it. Also had a reaction to the percocet, but am recovering well 3 weeks out as long as I don't overdo!!!!
Unread 09-26-2007, 01:50 PM

Hugs to all and prayers for recovery!!!!

Today I feel grateful to not have to deal with the pain and problems that I have been going through in the years before the TVH. I feel the same as some of you gals that the recovery discomfort is much less than what I felt with my cycles. At least there is a light at the end of it all. My hormonal shifts were more dramatic before the surgery. Even though, today I got weepy listienng to some songs on the radio. I think being 45 and having gone through some serious shifting aready helps. I do feel different though.

I want to get some house work done, but will take it slow and careful since I'm a bit achey today. It truely is an ebb and flow of energy.

Completely looking forward to when I can not only start the day in something other than stretchy pants but finish it. I'v lost 10 lbs. since the surgery but have been limited in my clothing choices. I'm soooo jealous of the girls without much swelly belly. Off to the doctor tomarrow for my 4 week and find out if I'm released back to work with some limited clothing options on the horizon. I really need to get back to work because I need the income right now. I do not physically feel completely ready, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Like care for her family and pay bills. I don't understand that when we put so much into SDI why we get back such a small portion of our applied income. Doesn't seem fair. My gripe for today. So is Life!

Everyone take care of yourselves! It's so nice to not be alone in recovery and to have sisters in dealing with the ups and downs.

Agape, peace and blessings!

Cathy
Unread 09-26-2007, 01:59 PM

Cathy,

Im itching to get back to work. My Dh is complaining cause we have no money hohw can that be when I dont go shopping now. And I said well, you still go get groceries and things we need and things were tight when I was bringing in income so DUH lol oh well

THings could be alot worse for me I got swelly belly too and thats my chief complaint it getts sore and itchy if I stand to long and move around to much it gets worse. I tried jeans on the other day but sitting hurt so back to stretchy pants.
Unread 09-26-2007, 03:59 PM

Dear Hystersisters,

Well, I went back to work last Wed. and its been a nightmare. I am hurting from the waist down everyday and my swelly belly loves to swell! I go to bed every night between 8 and 8:30 pm and sleep 4/5 hours, cat nap the rest of the night. I get up at 5:30 am and start the day in a fog. Today at work, a fellow cohort snapped at me with regards to being out for a few weeks. Thank god for HRT! I walked away knowing she had no right but the pressure at work is huge and she just took it out on me. I walked away and thought in my head "she'll be apologizing tomorrow". If it wasn't for HRT, I know I would be a total mess and unable to cope. I am wondering if the HRT is why I am not sleeping well. If so, I wonder if eventually this possible side affect will go away. Anyway, it was in the 90's today and at work, no ac, so, I am more than tired. Off to the shower and bed. Take care ladies!
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:40 PM

Okay, I guess it because I couldn't see my ugly scar beneath this flab of skin I call my lower belly , but today, as I braced myself to see this source of itch and burn, there was all this dry (sorry if this is gross), white area around my inscision. My husband "examined" it further and says it is dry skin. As I gently rub the area with my ring finger (light touch), some of the 'dry skin' balled off. The area stays moist because of the excess skin. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
Then on the far left end of my inscision, its bumpier and there is what appears to be a stitch sticking out in two spots. I didn't have staples, so I appear that I had dissolving stitches, but never saw them on the exterior of my body. Should I be concerned. Call the doctor to check this stitch and 'dry skin' area?
Any ideas would help.

Candice
________
TAH, August 30, 2007, kept ovaries.
Unread 09-26-2007, 06:47 PM

I didnt have abdominal incision just three small ones. But with the bumps you are describing I would call your doctor just to be safe you never know and infections can spread so fast you dont wanna waste time. If nothing else it willjust put your mind at ease.

Keep us posted

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register