Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Diamondlover,

When I read your post I felt like my whole stomach ripped open too. I know about those ramps, when I was eight days post op I went with my DH to watch him play quoits (like horseshoes, but apparently it's only here in NJ). The ramp they have going down from the bar to the bathroom hurt more than any amount of stairs ever did. Just as you I didn't expect it and just went for it. Took me two steps and I grabbed my DH's arm so hard I thought I was going to break it.

Go to your HysterHospice weekend and tell your girls that we thank them for taking care of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2007, 03:23 PM

Hi gals,

Saw my doc today. She wanted me to stay home two more weeks, but because of financial reasons and boredom I talked her into letting me go back on the 8th. I made her promises of what I would avoid and that I would be careful. I stopped by my work to give them the return letter and everyone was so nice, warm and supportive. They threatened to come after me if I didn't take it easy when I came back. I am feeling less anxious about returning. I miss the comradare of my work place and feeling productive.

Thanks to you gals for sharing your struggles.....It really helps!!!!!

Even though I am also feeling the fatigue and battling swelly belly, I too am getting the itch to exercise, get healthier and make some changes. I've been doing bits of walking and very careful tummy exercises and of course Kegals. I work for the YMCA as a Child Care Director so I'm surrounded by the health and community minded. Over the years I've gained weight and have focused on my family, placing their wants and needs first. I have made a commitment to myself that I will not place myself on the backburner any more when it comes to my health.

Maybe by having a hysterectomy, whether by choice or necessity, is a way we took charge of our bodies and gained some control towards recovery. It was a big step for us all. Defining ourselves, caring for our mind, spirits and bodies is all part of that process continuing.

My heart goes out to those dealing with cancer and chemo. I have taken family members for their chemo treatments, I know it is not easy and the suff does wierd things, especially to your taste buds. Be extra special to yourselves and let the healing warmth of the love and prayers of others surround you every day.

Agape, peace and blessings,
Cathy

ps
Matamucile 2-3 times a day with lots of fluids is a god send!!!! I didn't take it one day and lived to regret it ( rectal bleeding and hemmroids, yuck!) We shouldn't be straining. Fiber is good for us anyways. Some pain killers, iron, vitamine b and foods can cause a back up. Wishing you all relief soon!
Unread 09-28-2007, 05:53 AM

Tina,
The one good thing that has come out of all of this is like you my two older sons 16 & 13 have been helping around the house so much along with my 16 year old sons best friend. I can't be super woman right now and don't have the energy to do so. My biggest problem now is not over doing it. I did decide that the emotional roller coaster is just something that is going to happen and everyone around here will have to be patient and deal with it especially my DH who does not like my new found opinions at times. I hope you have a nice weekend as well as all the other beautiful women without a uterus.

Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2007, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird56
Hi all
Is anyone else still having bowel problems.It is a month now since my TAH and I am still taking 2 stool softners in the morning and night. I am also still taking the lactulose.I 'm too afraid to stop. I go every morning but still takes 3 or 4 attempts to empty. I have hemmoroids so bad that is most of the problem I think. I have an appointment tomorrow with my regular doctor so I hope she can give me some advice to remedy this. I am getting so discouraged the surgery was a piece of cake but the bowel situation is awful. If anyone has had any of this and had some success let me know. I wonder how long it takes for all of this to come back to norma. I don't know how I could go back to work in 2 weeks feeling like this .I spend so muh time in the bathroom in the morning I would be late every day.
Yes, I have had bowel problems since the surgery and the only thing that has changed is that it actually comes out now. A lot...but just a little at a time. I resort to the stool softeners often but have gotten off a schedule time to take them, and trust me, with me, it still comes...I have the crampys though often, and I sympathize with you and your thoughts about working around our bathroom schedules. Its four weeks for me yesterday as well.
Unread 09-28-2007, 06:35 AM

I haven't had the constipation issue. My yogurt and coffee breakfast seems to bring it on so I've been going regularly. But when I have to go there's no waiting and that last "movement" before it comes out is really painful! It's been like that every day. I guess it must be at the area of the internal stitches.

Again something that I wouldn't be able to share with anyone but my sisters!

I read on the pre-op board about having your legs waxed before surgery..so I did it and loved it! I'm going to have it done again today because I just can't deal with the idea of shaving yet. I have to do it everyday...
Unread 09-28-2007, 07:56 AM

Hello sisters!

I haven't been on in a few days, so I've had a lot of reading to do. The last couple of days I have felt wonderful. I did stuff around the house like going through the toy boxes with my daughters to remove toys that are too little for them now. I have the need now to declutter and I feel good about how clean things are, except the carpets because I haven't vacuumed yet. Yesterday I went shopping to get a few new things for back to work on Monday. I decided I deserved a few new things to wear.

Then there is today. I am beat and sore. My bowels are upset and things are a little too loose, if you know what I mean, and I have a bad headache. I am disappointed, I thought I could see the light.

I read some threads re: no support from family. My Mum and my aunt/godmother are great support for me and call every day to see how I'm doing. I wish I could say the same for my brother and sister. They have each only called once, the day I came home to see how I was doing. That's it. It makes me upset.

Sorry if I rambled too much. I am just feeling really emotional today.
Unread 09-28-2007, 09:42 AM

Does anybody else experience circulatory problems like slight numbness in a foot/toes and a little cold? I have been back at work and I don't know if the two are related. Sitting in hard chairs, crossing my legs, walking up and down stairs. I did put a call into my doc but no reply, yet.
Unread 09-28-2007, 09:47 AM

BA82007

Yes, but I thought it was just me. I'm always a bit chilly but have been colder than ever. I try hard not to cross my legs and have been careful to shift around to try to avoid lack of circulation sitting at my computer. I'd love to hear you doctor's take on this. I am currently wearing my long underwear!
Unread 09-28-2007, 09:56 AM

I am cold to all the time. I also have the numbness to. My doctor has me wearing the teddy hose. Not fun. I get so tired still and I know I have to go back to work in a few weeks. I don't know how I am going to do it. I have loads of heavy lifting and pulling at work.
Well have a good day all.
Love have you all as hyster sisters.

Katie
Unread 09-28-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA82007
Does anybody else experience circulatory problems like slight numbness in a foot/toes and a little cold? I have been back at work and I don't know if the two are related. Sitting in hard chairs, crossing my legs, walking up and down stairs. I did put a call into my doc but no reply, yet.
YES YES YES...its the worst when trying to use the bathroom...I remember that after my cesarean though, I assumed it was just something everybody experienced.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register