Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Ok, that's good to hear that some of you have been experiencing the same sensation or lack of it. My doc's nurse called back and she is consulting with doc. I am waiting for another return call. I took today off 'cause I just couldn't do another work day! This morning, I was working on my lesson plans using a pencil and my fingers went numb!!!!!!! I am just not comfortable sitting for long periods at the computer, so I wrote my plans.....ugh!

Ladies, I feel like I'll never, ever, think or feel (normal) as before the surgery. I don't know what normal is and is not. Then, I interact with you all on this site and find out that I am not alone in this journey. Along our way, we find out what might be normal and what might not be normal. Is there a book in our world that would be helpful and supportive reading for a surgicially induced menopausal state? I don't know if my remaining ovary is going to come back to life or if it is damaged/shocked beyond repair!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2007, 12:51 PM

I am so tired, we just got back from Wal-mart. Took separate buggies though I had him put the big box of kitty litter in mine first. Got all the items on my list & I was just too fried by then to even look around at other things. I just checked out & then went to sit on a bench & wait, he seems to take forever in that store so it was a long wait. We came home & I was hungry & shakey, tired, I took a pain pill, just felt crummy. Ate some soup & a cheese sandwich then got queasy! Drinking ginger ale now & ate some saltines. Going to lay down again & read magazines I picked up.
How much longer will I be wiped out from doing a few simple things? I feel for the most part fine then I do a small thing & that's it for the day!
Unread 09-28-2007, 08:07 PM

I went to walmart tonight too. My hubby pushed cart with both kids in it. But I got home and im naesous and tired and have a side ache. Going to walmart used to be myf avorite thing to browse. Not now.....but someday we gotta heal as frustrating as it is. I think we suffered for so long before the surgery we dont wanna suffer in any way any more and that tough hang in there everyone we are not alone we have each other
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm doing great!!!

I almost hate to post anymore. I kinda feel "guilty"???? 'cause I am doing so well. Everything seems to be back to normal other than using caution with weight restrictions and trying not to over do it.

My appetite is back to normal as well as my bowels, etc. I'm sleeping just fine and only get up once now to pee.

The only thing that has been a bit slow to heal is my poor bruised bladder. It is still quite sensitive especially at the point of being emptied. I thought I might have a bladder infection but it is slowly getting better so I'll just mention it when I see my surgeon on the 8th.

I definitely need to walk more though, as I feel like my legs are "old", if that makes any sense. I do use my belly band if I know I am going to be up and about alot.

Today is oldest Grandbaby's 7th birthday and I'm hosting 7 little 7 year old divas with a "Princess" party, so I expect to be exhausted tonight. Tomorrow will be relaxing with a football game and munchies on the couch.

Unread 09-29-2007, 07:25 AM

wigmaof3 -

I'm so glad to read your post as I feel the same way. I went to work yesterday for a little while and then last night I went with DH to celebrate a friend's birthday. I had a couple of drinks and even danced a little bit. Everyone kept asking me if I should be dancing yet. I told them I'd probably regret it today. I expected to wake up spotting or in pain. Other then being tired..I feel great!

Hope everyone else will be putting on their dancing shoes soon!!

I noticed your birthday is 10/1? That's my brother's birthday..mine is 10/3. I guess I should change my age on my signature... - never mind..it's not on there
Unread 09-29-2007, 08:44 AM

I guess I'm halfway, because I am exhausted to the point of tears when getting even a few things at the grocery store, but well enough to be able to work full time. Went for my post op today & I asked the doc how long until I'll be back to my usual energy level. "Take your vitamins & iron every day for a month and you should feel much more normal by then" was the answer.

He said I still have my sutures and he can feel I'm not healed yet (owie, the pelvic was not comfy) He asked "Have you attempted intercourse yet?" and I had to laugh because of the word "attempted"! I could not believe here I was talking with a male dr about this, but shocked to find it was not the slightest bit embarrassing. I confided that I am scared to death about it hurting me, and he said to wait another week or two (this would be 5 or 6 weeks post op) and then use a lot of lubrication, go slow, and he said as long as your husband is slow and gentle and you re in control it should not be painful. Might hurt a little the first couple times but should not be difficult for me, and to just watch the depth and not be vigorous at first. Since this is a very important issue for me but I'm a very private person I was worried about it. Hearing that info helped a lot. I'm sharing it in the hopes it helps you sisters, too.

This recovery is not as easy or fast as I thought it would be.
Unread 09-29-2007, 05:44 PM

Oh god, I just can't even think about getting intimate with DH right now....I sure hope that changes in a month. I, too, am scared because it was iffy.. before the surgery with the pain and all. I also agree with the fact that we suffered so much prior to the surgery that i think we all want the healing process and being normal to happen.....like now.....like maybe day before yesterday!!!!! I started ambien two nights ago and last night slept for 6 hours before waking up. A first since the surgery. I was expecting to heal quickly and be back to normal within 3 weeks...why? I guess I just expected it for some reason. You have surgery to fix things. I had no idea that a new set of good and bad times were getting ready to roll. My doctor's nurse did call back on Thursday and the numbness is a normal part of recovery. Then, she said, "It can take 6-9 months before you feel good again!" OHHHHHHHHH, please!!!!!!!!!!! It might take my one ovary awhile to wake up and when it does, I might be out of sync for months. I guess I can say once again, at least the small dose of HRT is keeping me from freaking out completely! 'Night ladies. I hope you all sleep well tonight and feel alittle better tomorrow!
Unread 09-29-2007, 06:00 PM

I think we are all afraid of what will happen that first time. I read someone else said it was very messy esp that first time- my husband is as worried about it as I am. I think I need a nice glass of wine beforehand!

This was such a special part of our life together that I can't bear for it to end. Even though it was painful it was a wonderful time for us. I need to remember the closeness and make sure it's good. I'm not willing to give that up so I'm determined to make it happen but it sure is scary.

I'd love to hear from others as we get the all clear- we need to be careful not to give too much info but still I think we can encourage one another. Maybe this is another instance of it not being as difficult as you worry it will be. (Fingers crossed)
Unread 09-30-2007, 07:13 AM

Yes, you are right about the special times! Its hard to remember those times when you are still healing. Yes, you are right about the how the worry can make things more difficult when, in reality, it might not be so. Thanks for the reality check. Good luck!
Unread 09-30-2007, 10:43 AM

I too am worried about this. I have such a fear of just going thu the cuff it freaks me out and hubby too. But as painful as it was before I also miss that closeness.

I think that glass of wine is a great idea. Just not to much or you start feeling to good and wont feel if there is pain. I know before surgery alcohol made it not hurt to bad so on nights we went out for a couple drinks it was just easier.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register