Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

I guess part of what worries me is that when the doctor did the pelvic on Friday it was painful, not horrible but it definitely hurt. While he was doing the exam he asked "does this hurt? or this?" And when I said yes, it hurts, he said that's the cuff, where the sutures are still visible. It was not very far up inside. Scares me like you said dakconfused27 - that what I have left is very short and is going to have to stretch, which sounds terrifying.

Is that stupid? Or are the rest of you thinking the same thing? It sounds so painful and frightening. My doc said wait a week or two & it'll be safe and fine, but I am afraid when that time comes I am going to be too worried and my husband will be, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 12:47 PM

My sister had the same procedure done a few years ago. She and DH had to make a few adjustments because it seemed as though there wasn't enough room anymore. She said it was scary at first but as each week went by her body got better and better. She says the recovery was rough and took her about a year to feel "normal" but she is soooo happy now that she had the operation. The bummer for me is that she so busy with her life that we hardly ever talk. I just know that she is very happy and her closeness with DH is better than ever. I sure hope so for all of us. I am thankful that I have such a kind and loving DH. I would be super duper frightened with an insensitive partner instead of scared. Well, its back to work tomorrow. I am going to try really hard to start being more thankful and positive about the good things at my job. That's my goal for the week. I also vow to come home after work and put my feet up and pat myself on the back for making it through another day at work plus driving the Garden State Parkway! Its so easy for me to get so negative and I get caught up in feeling down and out.
Unread 09-30-2007, 12:59 PM

I crave the sweets too. But I don't overdo it too often. I was well on the way to pre-mommy weight before the pain of my condition set me back. I guess my body has always thought that eating will make it feel better, be less tired, less depressed... So here I am, back to 30 lbs overweight (much better than the 60 I was 2 years ago) My swelly belly isn't bad anymore, just that "apron" above my incision. Which by the way CCarrier - i keep hairless all the time to avoid irritation.

As soon as the MD gives me the okey dokey, I'll be back to WW and Curves, but most of all work!! That and being a mother/grandmother are the only things that raise my spirits and I've been low for quite some time now. Bring on the chocolate and a smile to my face until then.

Good luck to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 01:11 PM

Hi Ladygadiva6
I to have a apron hanging over the top of my scar but as i had a vertical incision it looks really weird, will it ever go ????
Unread 09-30-2007, 01:31 PM

As much as DH and I are both afraid of the first time I have to admit that if it was only up to me it would have happened already! My DH herniated a couple of disks a month before my surgery so with the pain he was in nothing was going on. Of course my PMS pain and spotting happened the week before my surgery too so it's been a while...

We've fooled around a couple of times since surgery and things were good but... In the words of Beetlejuice "I'm feeling a little anxious"!!

We have a date planned for this Wednesday, my birthday...I went out a bought a cute little nightie. When I saw my doctor on 9/18 he said I needed another couple of weeks, so I'm hopeful that everything will be okay. I know DH is really nervous about hurting me so he'll be super careful and attentive. Now I'm counting down to that!

Hey we have to set goals for ourselves right?
Unread 09-30-2007, 01:52 PM

My DH and I have already gone ahead. It wasn't planned and it was too early, but he'd been gone for a week and things got out of hand. It was wonderful!!!!! Later, I did pay the piper. I was very sore and achy(but no spotting) for the next day and a half. Before my surgery, it was uncomfortable at best, so this was a major eye-opener of hope for me. However, we'll wait till the dr's go ahead for a repeat because of the after effects. Maybe since I've had more time to heal inside, it'll be great before and after when that time comes.
TLH (multiple fibroids and enlarged uterus)
Unread 09-30-2007, 06:33 PM

designergirl,

THat definately does not sound stupid! With all we've been thru I think no matter how long you've been married (me 7 years) it feels like its gonna be the first time, plus all the added what ifs we have. Im worried aobut it having to stretch, my hubby is not tiny but he is not huge either so Im hoping that helps. We have fooled around a couple times never inside and that was wonderful, I noticed my libido is definatley up post op (hey where else could it go before it was gone with all thepain who wanted to)

Im anxiious but Im gonna let it happen when I'm ok'd and have a night out a couple drinks kids sound asleep and see what happens.....but why does it have to be so scary?

Is it just me or do I kinda sound like a teenager talking about doing it for the first time lol
Unread 09-30-2007, 07:02 PM

I feel just like you do. Scared but determined. Love my husband way too much not to get past this hurdle. But it is definitely odd being so worried about it after we've been together so long!

I wished I'd had the courage to ask my doctor if there were ways that would make it easier the first time or two, to help you not hurt. I was too embarrassed to ask, even though he made it as comfortable as he possibly could. I am going to make an appt with my family practice doc for a physical (I haven't had one in years) and maybe I can talk with her about it more easily because she's a woman. It's so hard to talk about such private things but there have got to be tips to make it easier. With so many women who have hysterectomies you'd think there would be a resource. There is such a fine line between keeping it clean but providing the information you need.
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:21 AM

Hey Girls!

I have been missing for several days due to our Grand Opening of our store:>) It went well by the way...I did pretty good during it all but I was wiped out when it was over. My Mom told me afterward that I looked very pale sitting behind the counter!" Gee thanks Mom, you could have told me to go put on some more blush or something.. HA! I did good, I didn't lift anything and I tried using the dust mop but could feel a twinge of pain so I dropped it quickly. I didn't drink enough water over the last week and could feel it. I started having urinary tract infection symptoms. When I increased my water intake, it went away..woo hoo!

It seems that I have jumped back in just at the right time. I too am feeling nervous about being with my sweetie. One thing I have done to hopefully help things be not quite so intense is to "help" him out over the past couple of weeks...in "other" ways. I think it may take the urgency factor out of the picture and make for a calmer first time. He is also worried about the cuff and the internal length issue. The thought of "stretching" makes me shiver. I still have areas that were torn around the vaginal opening and especially where my episiotomy was. I sure hope that heals correctly. I am finding myself thinking more and more about how things "use to be" with him. I want things to go back to the way they were with us. I never had pain before, but I fear it now. We will work through it together just like everything else. My girl friend had a TVH last year and recommended "Astro Glide". I see there is a lubricant recommended on here as well. I am curious if anyone has an opinion on it. Maybe I will check out another forum.

Designergal...I would love some recipes! I sure need to drop 10 lbs.

oklahomakitty
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:43 AM

What you described is exactly how I feel. The last movement before it comes out hurts and then it is over. I went to the doctor on Friday and she confirmed I had hemmoroids and suggested that I wash after each bowel movement with soap and water, also to do sitz baths. It does seem to help. I go every morning 2 or 3 times and then I usually done for the day. Do you go that often. I guess I shouldn't complain at least I am going now. Isn't it hilarios who would ever think we would be having conversations about our BM with total strangers.Happy healing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register