Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 10-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Hi ladies,

Doctor wants me to wait another 2 1/2 to 3 weeks before resuming sexual activity. To be honest, I don't feel up to it yet, though I have been a lot more cuddly with my DH. We have been married 24 years and together about 30. Because of the problems prior to surgery, we had to be a bit more creative. It seems to be very individualized as when the ok is given, depending on rate of healing and stitches etc. Since my doc is the only one who has had a good look see, I think I'll be patient and wait it out. After waiting so long I don't want any set backs.

It's nice to know others are feeling similarly; It does kind of feel like it is going to be the first time again and I am also a bit anxious. I felt that way also after my first child, when I had a large episiotomy and emergency c-section to heal from. I've read it suggested, my doc also suggested, for the woman to be in control of the depth and set the pace until she is comfortable. It makes sense to me.

Thanks to all for sharing!!!! It soooo helps!

Today I have a call in to the doc. I think I have a bladder infection. Had one pre-op and was told the hospital antibiotics would more than likely clear it. However, I think there might have been some lerking bateria that multipled and it's back. Drank cranberry and pomegranate juice all week end, but need something with more kick. Just waiting for her call and running to pee every 15-20 minutes.

Getting better all the time.......Praying for patience because I want to feel great NOW!!!!

Agape, peace and prayers for healing to all,
Cathy

Unread 10-01-2007, 12:23 PM

I booked a physical with my family practice doctor for Oct 19. Haven't had one in years so it's time anyway, and I am hoping she can look to see if my stitches are dissolved and talk frankly about resuming sex, since I was too shy to ask specifics of my male gyno. Also I had 5 months of Lupron and since it causes osteoporosis I'm wondering if I need a bone density scan. Anyone else had lupron and wondered about this?
Unread 10-01-2007, 12:40 PM

ba80027,
I know just what you mean, 1st week constantly HOT, 2nd and 3rd week I had horrible night sweats like just out of the shower. Now things have completely changed now I seem to be cold all the time. Especially my feet and hands. I drink alot of Hot cocoa, and sit with a blanket. I don't drink coffee it makes me go to sleep, I know nuts!! Anyway it warms me up. Hopefully this too is a phase,
good luck to you. Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Thanks Tina,

Its crazy. I thought that I was on a roll with the ambien but last night I just tossed and turned. All night long. I still go through the sweats at night and then the chills. It always feels so lonely at night when everyone is sleeping well and there we are, wide awake, either sweating, chilling, aching or..........

I just found out that a co-hort had the same surgery as me last June!!!! She is feeling the same way, still......she didn't go on HRT like me. I don't expect to be on this low dose of HRT for long since I am in my approaching the later fourties.

I am going to seek out more professional help with regards to my nighttime sleeping. I have heard something about an antidepressant helping with the sleeping and the hot flashes, etc.

I actually had a good day at work today considering my sleep was so eventful. I vowed to see the good at my job and I did! Now, I am ready for bed. Hoping for a restful night. I hope you ladies are all doing ok or great today.

P.S. I actually enjoyed looking at my husband's face this evening! We've been together for 16 years.

'Night
Unread 10-01-2007, 05:23 PM

I am having sleeping problems as well. I never had a problem falling asleep. But I did have a problem staying asleep. Now I can't fall asleep. I start work on Wednesday and will have to be up at 6:15. I don't know how I'm going to do it. I take compounded Biest...2 kinds of estrogen in one pill. I also take the antidepressant Cymbalta for pain from fibromyalgia. It doesn't help the pain, but I am more happy than I've been in years. Anyway, nothing is getting me to sleep at night. The night sweats aren't as bad as they were a few weeks ago, thank goodness. I would give anything to sleep through a whole night. I haven't done that in YEARS!!! In my next life I'm coming back as my cat!
Unread 10-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Muscle strain?

Has anyone experienced any type of muscle spasm or muscle strain in their post-op period? I am barely 5 weeks post-op TAH, have had very little pain or swelling and have had a wonderful recovery. While the spasms/muscle strains are not painful, they do catch me off guard. Could I possibly be over doing it, or is this a normal expectation once the muscles begin to properly heal and the sutures begin to dissolve?

Thanks!
Heather

TAH on 08/29/2007 for Endometriosis and Adenomyosis
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:27 PM

I was experiencing the same thing today it kinda scared me. I also started spotting again which I havent done in two weeks. and its got a strange odor. Should I call my dr or is this normal???
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:33 PM

I have the smell too- my doc had prepared me for it saying you might spot & smell for a few days around the month mark, and might see some threadlike things in your undies. It's the stitches dissolving. Normal.

But I have overdone it today & boy have I got a bad case of the achey feelings in the lower abdomen on the inside, and the swelly belly is far worse than it ever was in the past. Too bad. Silly me, lifting too much. It's hard to know what you can & can't do at this stage, isn't it?
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:51 PM

Good evening ladies..

I am feeling so much better today. I spoke with my OB/GYN and she told me that if I am miserable without the patch - put it back on until after I see her on Thursday and she does some blood work. I love having a female MD! She did the same thing after surgery when I complained that the ibuprophen was upsetting my stomach - stop taking it then, she said.

Designergal - I completely understand your aprehension about talking to a male GYN about sex. I purposely looked for a female so I could talk to her about such private things. With your post surgical/menopausal care maybe you should find a female. Most doctors are very willing to refer

Blessed Grace - I have had UTIs for years. It wasn't until my surgery did we completely understand why. Anyway, cranberry juice is a good choice as long as it has NO added sugar. Sugar encourages bacteria growth. The best juice to drink for a UTI is blueberry juice - again NO sugar added. It tastes funny at first, but I always got used to it by the end of the glass.

BA82007 and sandypa - boy howdy girls, and all you other sisters out there that can't sleep. If we lived closer, we could have a quilting bee for the insomniacs. I have always had trouble sleeping, more so before surgery. It was hard for me with all the pain and the meds made me have weird dreams. Now after surgery, I can fall asleep (Thank GOD for Ambien CR) but if I don't have hot flashes, I have itchy, restless legs. If the symptoms don't wake me up, my DH does with "What is your problem?" because I woke him up. Of course he likes to mess with my head and tell me that I've done things in my sleep, like walk the dog in my jammies, or talked to someone on the phone. Whatever makes him happy, I guess. He needs something to do at night since we haven't DTD in over 6 months and counting.

Life is looking brighter. I have to wear my smile for at least a week longer. I have all my issues and my BFF of 27 years is having TVH/LSO or possible TAH/BSO on Wednesday and I need to be strong for her too. Wish me luck as well as sanity.

Hoping all my sisters the best.
Unread 10-01-2007, 09:15 PM

Hi Ladygadiva,
Sounds like you had the same problem I had...endometrial hyperplasia, but I had it with atypia. I had adhesions from when I had my right ovary removed. They took the left one with this surgery. I didn't have your bonuses, though!
Hope you get a good night's rest tonight, all of you night owls. I'm going to give it a try, but I know at about 12:30 I'll be back in here checking the internet. Tomorrow is my last day before I go back to school....and it just happens to be Creede Silver Day on QVC!!! Starts at midnight. Way to end my recuperation! I DO love my silver!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register