Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 43 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 10-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Sandypa- that's why I don't have cable. Oh, Yeah, and I live in the woods and would have to have dish. I love my black hills gold. Right there with ya sister.

I'm sitting for my BFF. It's her DH birthday and I made her take him out. Then when she gets back, we get to go to the castle and do all of her pre-op blood work - again. I don't see any sleep in sight for me tonight or for the rest of the week for that matter. Her surgery is on Wed and my 6wk post op is Thurs morning and I have to take care of her DSx3.

Its all good. This gives me something to do, but its not too much to do and I won't feel so depressed since I can't go back to work yet.

Have a good night ladies. Happy healing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2007, 06:06 AM

Well we planned on Wednesday but it happened last night. So two days shy of five weeks DH and I were intimate. We were both pretty scared so we took it slow and it was wonderful. No pain at all and the O was the same as before surgery.

I was so relieved that I burst into tears.. my DH was so funny..as he held me he said that he knew I'd cry..

Ladygadiva6 - tell your BFF that she has a bunch of sisters pulling for her!!
Unread 10-02-2007, 06:36 AM

Designergirl,

I was achey too from lifting and doing to much. It definately is hard to know what to much is until its to much to late.

meo,
Im glad that it went well for you gives me hope! Im still scared Im waiting til my post op tho as my doc hasnt checked me since i was a week post op.

Heres to a good day for all of us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2007, 09:29 AM

Has anyone with a TVH "passed" and stitches yet? I haven't. It will be 5 weeks for me this Thursday. I was just wondering when that should happen.

I have been back on the roller coaster of emotions again. I have to open the shop by myself today and that scares me a little. I deal mostly with men and I have had all kinds of scary thoughts. My DH will be there a couple of hours after I open up so that is good.

I feel so yucky! My husband assures me that I have not changed but I sure feel like I have. I went to Kohl's yesterday, trying to make myself feel better. Every time I would bend over a little to look at something hanging a little lower down, I would have pain. Anyway, I pooped out so I had to go home. I couldn't even find a bra to fit me. I promise I tried on atleast 10, that may be why I was so pooped :>) Does anyone else have problems with finding a bra to fit well? I thought about trying Wacoal but heard they are very expensive. I guess it's one that Oprah recommended????

I have not been this down on myself since I was diagnosed with a thyroid disease. I would get so depressed and didn't understand that I was swinging from Hypo to Hyper....I keep telling myself that this too shall pass....as long as my husband sees me as the same I guess I should be happy. I am sick of these feelings. I don't understand the roller coaster emotions when I was able to keep my ovaries. I am taking my thyroid medication and that is all I take. I just don't get it unless I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Forgive my whining...no one else understands
Unread 10-02-2007, 09:50 AM

Hey there Oklahoma Kitty

I had a tvh the day after you and can tell my sutures are still there. I had my post op last Fri & the doc said they were in place, but you may or may not see them when they dissolve. So not to worry.

I wear out really fast, too. I have thyroid issues too but I don't think it should be affecting our hyst situations. I think it is more likely that we look okay on the outside but we're still not recovered yet. It's hard to be gracious with yourself when you're so ready to resume normal life again, but still not normal yet.

Try to pamper yourself in small ways that make you feel good. I am taking a hot bath in the evenings and rejoicing in the clean sheets, rubbing my legs with lavendar infused oils, and spending time every day counting my blessings. It helps to remember all the good things in your life and at the top of my list is having that surgery over and feeling just a teensy bit better every day. I may not be healed yet but I am way better than I was a month ago.

Blessings to you- try to go easy on yourself. I hope you feel better today.

Big hugs
Unread 10-02-2007, 10:00 AM

Thanks designergal... I really think I have too much on my plate right now. I am weary. But...In due season we shall reap if we faint not :>)
Thanks again...I will rejoice that I can wear real pants :>) and I will not worry that my house is a pit.
Unread 10-02-2007, 10:35 AM

oklahomakitty,

I hear you about the house being a pit thing that is the one thing that reallydrives me nuts!!!!

But it will be there when we are better. (unfortunately lol)
Unread 10-02-2007, 10:41 AM

Anyone out there with a vertical incision tried laying on your stomach yet, also i seem to be puffy either side of the lower half of the scar today, anyone else had this?
take care all
sandra
TAH+ BSO
Unread 10-02-2007, 11:14 AM

Hi I had a TVH. I still hurt when I do to much or bend down just right not fun at all. Some days are eayer then other to. I don't know how I am going to do it when I have to go back to work. I see the doctor again on the 11 of October. I just try and take each day. Not fun around here.

Katie
Unread 10-02-2007, 12:41 PM

I had a TVH five weeks ago today, and to my knowledge, I haven't passed any stitches. I don't have any pain when I move a certain way but do have some discomfort after a lot of physical activity.

Today I cleaned my second house (three hours). That seems like a pretty long time to do physical labor without a break, but I got along pretty well. I also cleaned one house last week. I was planning to do two this week, but the second one canceled. That was fine with me.

My Sunday morning activities tired me more than the cleaning. We had our first choir practice of the fall (I'm the director). That lasted an hour, and then I practiced the piano for most of the next hour. Then I played for our church service during the next hour. I felt okay after all of that, but I was extremely tired on Monday and slept better than usual Sunday and Monday nights. I've always been a morning person, but I've had trouble getting myself out of bed the past two mornings.

I feel better emotionally now that I've accepted that it's going to be awhile before I don't tire easily. I will keep trying to do most of my usual activities, as I think that is how I'll eventually increase my energy level. However, I also rest whenever I have an opportunity. My DH is extremely supportive about not pushing myself too hard.

I go back to the doctor for my 6-week checkup this Friday (actually 5 1/2 weeks). I'm kind of like others who have discussed the resumption of sexual intimacy. For us, it's been since April, as my huge cystocele prevented me from wanting sex. I'm eager for us to resume that part of our lives, but I also can't imagine doing it the first time. We've been married nearly 43 years, but I am pretty nervous about it. That seems strange, but I also know that DH will be as careful as he needs to be.

As I sit here writing, I'm thinking about how I've been emotionally this past week. I was having a bad time a week ago, but I've been on a pretty even keel this week. Hmmm, maybe things really are getting better.

This site has meant so much to me. I check it several times a day and love to read about how all of you are doing. I hope all of you are having mostly good days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register