Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 10-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

HI Nila! Nice to see you back. Today is my last day to recuperate. Tomorrow it's back to school and I'm so nervous. New principal, 8 pregnant teachers, not enough substitutes, working with a new teacher for 1st grade struggling readers....and lots of new, young teachers who think they know everything! How did that generation get so cocky and demanding?
I had such a hard time getting out of bed this morning. I dragged myself out at 9. Tomorrow getting up at 6:15 is going to be really tough. It's going to be a long day. At least I decided to start on a Wednesday instead of a Monday. That would be awful. But I guess I'll have to face that next week. Yesterday I drove to the dentist because I think I got a seed or something caught between my teeth. The dentist is about an hour drive away. I think that's why I'm so exhausted today....2 hours on the road, and then came home and made lasagna. Now I'm ironing, but taking breaks often. I think I've had enough ironing, come to think of it. My body is saying "SLOW DOWN"!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2007, 05:32 PM

Hi gals.

Cipro is my best friend today. I am already feeling relief from the bladder infection. My doc said she wanted to hit it hard, so she gave me the good stuff. She sent "it" to the lab to make sure there weren't any super bugs, resistant bacteria. Have had so many of these over the years I was pretty sure that's what was up. Since my uterus is no longer pushing on my bladder I feel alot better even with this infection. I am going to add some frozen blueberries to the my cranberry and pomegranate juice routine.

Ran into a few people while I was out and about. Everyone of them commented how much better I look since the surgery. I am feeling a lot less cranky and am not as fuzzy. My mom said my eyes look brighter, complexion wasn't dull anymore and she says I'm not as testy (thanks I guess). Doc said my color looked so much better and how much stopping that kind of blood loss and relieving pain can improve things. No joke!!!!

Pacing things seems to help the tiredness. I just hope that when I return to work next week I can remember to slow it down if need be. I am so looking forward to when I wake up and realized that I have been feeling energized and great for days!

I also have not passed stitches and the doc said they all have not yet disolved on the cervical cuff. She said sometimes you see them and sometimes you don't, they just disolve. She told me that they should be absorbed/disolved within a week or two and nothing in the left over girly parts for another couple weeks because the stitches can cause issues.
So creativity continues.

Take care of yourselves, pamper, rest and enjoy life!!!!

Agape, peace and blessings!

Cathy
Unread 10-03-2007, 08:12 AM

Hi girls,
I have only seen a few stiches come out... In addition to my actual TVH, my GYN had to go back in at my second surgery when he attempted to drain the abcess vaginally and had to recut my vaginal cuff a little above my where it was first sewn, so I guess I have double the amount of vaginal stitches so maybe that is why I found a few....
And in answer to the question about the verital incision- I have one from my third surgery and yeh- it's puffy on both sides. Looks like an indent where the incision is. I guess it's normal as both my GYNE and surgeon have looked at it and haven't said it looks bad.
oklahomakitty~ when were you diagnosed with a throid problem? After my surgerys, they tried to tell me I was hypo as my TSH was 14. But I refused to take any meds for it at the advice of my PCP. Most recent test shows a completely normal reading. My PCP told me that it is common after surgery for a person's throid to be all messed up and if I would have started the med then, it would have then put me in hyperthroid and it would have taken us months to get it all figured out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Back From HysterHospice!

Hello my hyster sisters. I have returned from my 5 day sojourn, being pampered and looked after by my girlfriends. We had a wonderful time, and they were the most relaxing days I've had since surgery August 28th! It's amazing how good you can feel when you truly are not allowed to lift a finger! It was just what the doctor ordered, I never had any "ooops, I shouldn't have done that" incidents, and for the first time, I went 24 straight hours without even a motrin!

I have my 6 week post op appointment with my doctor next Tuesday (9th), and I imagine unless I do something stupid, I'll be signed off to return to work. Oddly enough, being a shift worker, my next "tour of duty" starts Wednesday the 10th, so hopefully I'm o.k. to go back then. I'm unsure whether he'll want me to do the full days, what do you think? I have long shifts, 10 hour days and 14 hour nights. I'd be working Wed/Thursday days, and Fri/Sat/Sun nights. Maybe he'll think I should ease into it. I'll let you know.

I haven't ventured into the sexcapades that you've all been brave enough to think about or attempt. But it's always on my mind. I'm debating now whether to wait the 6 days out and hear what the Dr. says, or buy a vat of lubricant and attempt it....LOL. My saint of a husband is leaving it up to me. I'm so curious, though......what will it be like? For both of us? I need you all to try it, and report back to me please. I'm a wuss, so you must all go first. Hee Hee.

Feeling good today, and hope you are all the same!!

Diamondlover.
Unread 10-03-2007, 12:42 PM

Still tired, have been queasy the last few days, felt crummy since my wal-mart trip on Friday. Stomach has also been a bit "upset". I did run to the store Sun. am & I pulled the cart a little over, I just hope I didn't do anything to myself, I did it automatically then went OOPPSS! Lost a little at weight watchers yesterday, with swelling & bowel issues don't really know how much right now is real loss or just the other things going away.
Have made a few suppers though nothing that requires long standing. Going to make baked beans tonight, just in the mood.

Have to go pick up new glasses in the morning, just didn't feel like going out after the dr. office called to let me know they were ready.

I go to my dr. appt. next Thursday to find out if I can go back to work the week after. I'm already tired just thinking about it. The week after I go back I have to go to a 2 day conference, I dread it. The only good thing is the conference hotel is right next to a huge mall the the only bare minerals (makeup) store in the state & also near a dooney & bourke (purses) outlet. The only times I get to go places like that are when I have to do these things for work, I won't drive to that city otherwise, I just get lost too easily over there for some reason - probably because there's both a turnpike & interstate.
Unread 10-04-2007, 08:07 AM

Hey Girls,
It seems like I only get on here every other day or so. My life is nuts right now. I am feeling better I guess. I don't sleep well and then I don't want to get up. I still think of chocolate alot :>) Maybe I should watch Chocolat with Johnny Dep :>)

My husband is counting down the days! Ha! He gives me his raised eyebrows look and puckers...He is such a sweetie! I hope he has something romantic planned :>) Romance is a confusing word for him! Always remember that if you don't have any expectations...you won't be disappointed..Ha! I am sure I won't have any expectations except possible pain...

pets_n_dolls,
I am sorry I am taking so long to reply. I was diagnosed several years ago with Graves Disease. I nearly had a heart attack with all of the surging thyroid hormone. My Dr. tried what he could to get it to slow down but it wouldn't. I was sent to an Endo. who told me I was near heart attack/stroke level and something had to be done so I had it ablated with radiation. The recovery was rough..trying to figure which thyroid hormone worked best. I went the natural route but it failed. I believe I tried 5 different thyroid hormones before ending up with a synthetic. I feel great where I am with my thyroid levels but I think I need to resume my progesterone cream. I will ask my Gyno his opinion next Friday and then I go see my other Dr. at the end of this month to see what he suggests, since he prescribed it to me.

I see how Dr.'s have linked Auto Immune Disease with certain female issues. When your Thyroid hormone is off you can become Estrogen dominant which can lead to ovarian cysts/fibroids. I know I was estrogen dominant because I was tested. I still feel like it is too high which is why I am having hormone issues (hot flashes, sleeplessness, crying spells) even after having kept my ovaries. This is what was happening when I was diagnosed with the fibroid. We will see next Friday :>)
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Home from Castle-AGAIN

I was admitted on the 26th due to my bowels being impacted again. I had already spent the 19-21st inpatient for the same problem. This time they kept me a full week. I was released yesterday. We were never able to completely clear the colon but we were able to take some of the pressure off my belly. I underwent tons of tests to check for obstructions/adhesions and all checked out ok. I did learn that my stomach and colon are both slow to empty and is probably a result of the anesthia (sp) and will 'hopefully' return to normal with time. I am glad to be at home! I so missed my bed.

I am shakey, teary, and generally unhappy today. Not sure if it is surgery related or just stress from being in the hospital for so long.

Hope everyone else is well!
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:38 AM

Oh, free, what a *******' nightmare. I can't believe you've had to go through all this. But maybe this time was "the charm" and things will go smoothly for you. I will hope and pray that's the case. No wonder you're weepy, I would be too....you signed up emotionally for a hysterectomy, not all this other stuff. You'll get through it all, but I think after all this extra burden,you're entitled to feeling weepy and unhappy.

I haven't seen anything from hope lately, I hope she's doing well. Didn't she start radiation already?

I'm doing well today. Fingers crossed everyone else is also.
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlover
Oh, free, what a *******' nightmare. I can't believe you've had to go through all this. But maybe this time was "the charm" and things will go smoothly for you. I will hope and pray that's the case. No wonder you're weepy, I would be too....you signed up emotionally for a hysterectomy, not all this other stuff. You'll get through it all, but I think after all this extra burden,you're entitled to feeling weepy and unhappy.

I haven't seen anything from hope lately, I hope she's doing well. Didn't she start radiation already?

I'm doing well today. Fingers crossed everyone else is also.
To say that I feel violated is the understatement of the year. I have had more tubes in places that you can only imagine. I thought child birth removed all your modesty, boy was I wrong. More people have seen my butt and I have had more conversations about stool than I care to recall. I forgot to mention one thing--we discovered that my colon was causing the bladder pain. It would seem that when your uterus is removed there is no longer a barrier between your colon and bladder therefore when my colon is full it causes bladder pain. Oh, and I have entered the wonderful world of 'double voiding'. **** I am miserable!
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:24 AM

Well, I made it back,had TAH BOS on Sept. 4th, everything went well until
the 5th. I threw up a lot, not sure what it was they had taken me off the morphine so I don't think it had anything to do with it. Actually I wish they had left me on the morphine due to the pain I was feeling. I have been off 4 weeks from work, and to tell the truth I don't want to be here but my disability is only short term. So I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. Well, I have to make the best of things, I'm still having some pain but the doctor calls it chronic pain, which they have given me elavil for. Has anyone else needed pain meds this long into recovery?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register