Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 10-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Good luck. Keep me posted. You and I should give each other "half" of our bowel issues and we would be "regular and happy"!

Today was the first day I didn't wear my belly binder. I'm actually feeling alittle better. But I'll probably have to put it back on before the kiddos get home from preschool/school because I don't want anyone or anything hitting against my sore belly.
Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM

Today I ended up bleeding bright red so into the oncall dr I went (my dr is out til monday). And I dont like the oncall dr so what do you do. She did see me right away tho but she is not gentle and I cried the whole time it was very sore. She said stitches are dissolving hence the terrible odor and that I had oozing on part of the cuff so that tore a little (doing to much) so she cauterized that. I have a appointment on monday with my dr it was supposed to be next friday but I got them to move it up I need to have him check this out I just feel lousy. Hope everyone gets better soon...we are just abgout to 6 weeks.
Unread 10-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Hi Ladies,

Since it is my last Friday before I go back to work on Monday, I let my kids play hookie with me today. The weather is kind of dreary so we are getting the house in order, making cookies and watching movies.

Had some bright red streakey spotting last night and feel kind of itchy inside. Wonder if the stitches are finishing their disolving and if the healing tissue is now holding it all together. Which is reassuring and teriffing at the same time. It makes me feel like I have to be even more careful in some ways. Having real mixed feelings about sex right now on one hand I look forword to the intimacy and on the other I have fears that it will all just bust open, as illogical as that is.

I can empathise with those of you dealing with wacked out hormonal shifts. Begining in my early 30's after my 2nd child I was diagnosed with ovarian failure (estrogen below 30) and dealt with the whole gambit of symptoms and feelings that come with premature menopause. Also the disappointment of no more kids. I finally gave in and went on hrt which really helped. Did not have periods for 7 years. With the estrogen/cancer hrt scare I stopped the hrt and my ovaries kicked back in in my early 40's long enough for a post 40 surprise(rarely happens after ovaries fail, but with the insane shifting my body did, sometimes a rogue egg pops out). The shifts I started having after that, the problems with my cycle and excessive bleeding made me feel like there were times of the month I was going to go crazy. It got progressively worse. A couple months prior to surgery the hot flashes and night sweats started up again along with the mental fogginess. It's ironic, since the surgery I feel more even keel and less of the roller coaster. Praying that it lasts, I think it will.

Hang in there even when you feel like you're going to go crazy there will be an end to it all!!!! Eat ice chips (frozen drinks), buy a personal fan, wear peelable layers and find a sense of humor even when you want to rip someones head off.

Here is one way I always thought was a creative and clear method to help family deal with the mood swings and put a little humor into it all: I had a sewing teacher in high school that was going through the change who told us she bought a puppet that was reversable to Red Riding Hood and the Wolf. She warned her family of her mood by which side of the puppet she was showing. They all checked it regularly to see if she would nurture them or swallow them whole.

Take care everyone!!!!!

Agape, peace and blessings,

Cathy

Unread 10-05-2007, 02:27 PM

I just returned from my 6-week checkup (actually 5 1/2). The doctor said I still have some stitches that haven't dissolved but that I'm healing okay. I had bladder repair (cystocele), and I was disappointed that he said he can feel a small bulge when I cough. It is nothing like it was before, but it concerns me that I might eventually have the same problem as before. He said I should avoid coughing (okay, sure), being constipated, and lifting more than 20-25 lbs. He did give me the go-ahead for sex but said if it hurts to stop and wait another week. The pelvic exam wasn't painful.

When I called DH on the way home, I said that the doctor told me to avoid coughing (true), being constipated (true), and that we shouldn't have sex for 6 months and then he'd check me again. (false) The problem was that my voice cracked as I finished that sentence, and DH knew I was joking. He said if I had said that we were supposed to wait another month, he might have believed that. I'm still not sure I'm ready, but yet I'm eager for that intimacy.

I'm just sitting here thinking that it seemed I was waiting forever for my surgery, as I had to undergo testing that resulted in a diagnosis of Crohn's. I think it was the end of May when I first went to the surgeon. Guess what? Now I'm free--don't have to go back to the doctor unless I have problems and am pretty much free of restrictions. Wow! I think this will be a celebration weekend.

Have a great one all of you. I still keep those of you who are still having serious problems in my prayers. I almost feel guilty writing about how well I'm doing, but I also have high hopes for you.

God bless,
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:02 AM

Good grief! I'm the last one who posted here, and that was Friday. I could hardly find the thread for our week; it was on page 6 or 7 I think. Well, I hope that means that everyone was out and about enjoying a good weekend. I suppose most are back to work by now.

I only work part time so I'm home this morning. I'll be cleaning for about an hour late each afternoon. Then I'll clean a house Wed. morning and Fri. morning.

Sunday is always the big day for me. Yesterday I directed choir practice 8:30-9:30, taught a new adult Sunday school class 9:30-10:15, and then played for church 10:30-11:30. I find the tension of planning those things is more tiring than cleaning houses. I know, though, that I'm not as tired today as I was a week ago after the Sunday activities. I don't mean to indicate that yesterday morning was all tension. I certainly enjoy and am enriched by what I do, but there is a certain amount of stress with all the planning and just wanting everything to go okay. Also, we had a substitute pastor yesterday, so I'm always concerned about a sub doing things differently. All went well--it was a good morning.

My DH and I did have intercourse Saturday night, although I don't think either of us expected it to happen that soon. I was intending to wait the full six weeks, although the doctor had give us the all-clear. I was apprehensive, so it wasn't the best time for me, but it was wonderful to be together again. It really wasn't painful at all, so I need not have worried.

Please check back in. I miss everyone's updates. It doesn't matter whether you're feeling back to normal or frustrated with setbacks. I care about all of you and want to hear how you're doing.

Blessings,
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:06 AM

Here's something else I've been wondering about. Before all of this came up in my life, I wouldn't have expected that I would be the oldest one in a discussion group of this kind. I feel so bad that this has happened to so many of you as young adults. Why aren't there more 60-year-olds going through this? I would guess that most of these problems arise when one's reproductive organs are still active. Is that the answer? My hysterectomy was done because of a prolapsed uterus that was apt to undo my necessary bladder repair. Maybe I've answered my own question, but if you have any other ideas, I'd like to hear them. Thanks.
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:17 AM

I think I did too much yesterday. I went out to get milk & car was driving funny, stopped & found I had a flat! Went to nearest service station & got air then zoomed home, was flat again in 1/2 hour. I had stuff in my trunk so moved that out & just think it was a bit too much lifting & carrying. Of course nothing close by was open on Sunday so himself took it off & it's in his van to take down & have replaced - there was a nail in it. We went down for milk & he has a van so it was climb up & down twice. I was sore & my back was hurting by the end of the day. Then I woke up about 2:30 & didn't get back to sleep until after 5 am because I was achy in back & stomach. No spotting or anything. I'm so tired today from it. I have my 6 week check up on Thursday to see if everything is ok & if I go back to work next week.
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:27 AM

Its comforting to read that others - although being much much better - are still feeling niggles, tiredness etc. I was beginning to feel as if I was being a little pathetic as I still feel sore and tender at times but maybe i have been expecting too much of myself. Does anyone else still experience pain when going to the loo? Both for a wee and BM are a little - not sore - but uncomfortable, not sure if this is normal or not but have doc for 6 week check thursday maybe he will know. Glad to hear others back at work and getting their life back Good luck sisters.
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:50 AM

OK, my turn to check in. I still tire easily, too, and have the doggone swelly belly, esp at night. But I have another question for you. Finally had sex the other day (my dr had said my stitches are still there but it was safe anyway, just be gentle) It hurt but not much, just a little. But then afterward the vaginal cuff (my dr had showed me where it is) hurt like crazy. I was so sore and the swelling has been just awful. I will not be doing that again for a while! Need to heal better, that's obvious now. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. Swelling & pain when resuming intercourse anyone? I feel awful about it as my husband is the most wonderful man anywhere and here I am telling him I think my body needs another week or two. It's been 3 days now and still hurting enough to need ibuprofen. Would love to hear about the rest of you- is this normal?
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:50 AM

I still have uncomfortable times during a BM. No where near as bad as it was. I just got off the phone with the doctor's office because I have been having occassional side and back pain when urinating. I'm afraid I have a UTI infection, which I have never had before. I don't have a fever and the pain isn't all the time or even everytime I pee. I also am not running a fever..Seems like it was worse over the weekend and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the support panties that I bought. I heard some women talking last week about SPANX (apparently Oprah never goes out without them on) so I tried a pair and love them. Mind you they are not cheap but it smooths out the belly bump. Now I'm wondering if it creates too much pressure (even more when combined with a pair of jeans)..

I thought I was in trouble last week because I was itchy, assumed it was a yeast infection and used a monistat. What was I thinking? Still not sure. I ended up with a really painful day and decided to call the doctor if it didn't go away. Luckily it did..now I have this issue..don't know if any of it is related..I did admit my idiocy to the nurse..

Well I'm hoping that the lack of posts means everyone else is doing well...I'm not back to work yet myself..am helping a little bit for the next two weeks and am going back on 10/29 full time.

Nila - I think that your idea about why you seem to be the oldest is accurate. It makes sense... Sorry you have to deal with this nonsense!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register