Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 10-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

I was away for 4 days and only found one hystersister email upon return. Makes me think people are getting better and back to normal. I felt better a week ago than I do now or the past week. I'm not bad but for example: I just bent over to get the cat's water dish and had a sudden pain in my stomach and that side was feeling tender again. I think it is/was related to gas in my stomach cause now it seems to be gone. I do have a soreness in my side and back but it is above any incision area. I think I stretched too much last week and pulled some muscles there.

My weekend was a conference that did make me tired by the end of the day but I didn't have to do any cooking, cleaning, planning - I looked at it as a little vacation time.

Karen Hope707 Aug.29 TAH/BSO uterine cancer stage 1c grade 3 radiation started October 1 25 external 3 internal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 09:14 AM

Hi All I go in and see the doctor this Thursday my 6 week check up. I am curious to see if I get to go back to work or not next week. I have been told may be not since at work I have loads of heavy lifting and all to do. I also have to push hosptial beds down to Or empty for surgery. I don't know what the doctor is going to say.
I still get tired. Still have my off days and still get the swell belley. Not fun.
I have notice and talked to the nurse about it and she said to bring in up to the doctor when I go in. I am starting a leaked bladder. I can have a drink a water and if I don't go to the bathroom then I go and just walk a little or may be climbe the starirs to go up staris and it leaks. Not fun.
Well curious to see how eveyone else is doing to. Have a great day.

Katie
Unread 10-08-2007, 09:19 AM

Yes, I think we're all finally getting a bit better, hence the slowdown in messages. Which is obviously GREAT news! I'm doing well, yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving, and I really shouldn't have lifted the turkey out of the oven (again, one of those unconscious things you do without thinking when you're feeling well), which hurt....but I'm o.k. today. Hawkeye, I do believe you've hit on the real reason why most of us are younger in the group - problems occuring peri-menopause for most of us, and even before that for others. Painful fibroids and adenomyosis, etc. etc. But you've been so helpful, you can come out and play with me and my girlfriends anytime at all - LOL.

Thanks to those of you who have gone ahead and checked out the sexual activity....tomorrow is my 6 week check up and if the good doctor gives me the o.k., I'll try it out (apparently quite gently) myself! Whoo hoooooo.

Now that the pain is under control for the most part, and metamucil has helped my other issues, all I'm questioning tomorrow when I see the doctor is the insomnia and hot flashes (I still have my ovaries, though they had cysts cauterized - why the hot flashes?). Oh, and of course, when do I go back to work, and can I finally reward my husband for all his good deeds!!!

Diamondlover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 09:28 AM

Fingers crossed for your hubby!
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:09 AM

I am finally having some BM success. I mix Miralax into EVERYTHING and that seems to be keeping things going. I am still tired more than I want to be but am trying to do a little more everyday.

DH and I had intercourse for the first time last night. Over and over I kept saying "it doesn't hurt!". Hyster was due to prolapsed uterus as well as some other issues so sex for me has been painful for quite sometime. I was amazed that it didn't hurt!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:17 AM

More good sex news!! Thanks, free!!
Unread 10-08-2007, 02:40 PM

I am checking in, too! DH, DD, DS and I went to Baltimore for the weekend. We had a great time seeing old friends. The kids were good and not too much fighting. The hotel was beautiful but I slept horribly. We're home now and I am looking forward to a hot shower and a leasure dinner. I am back to work tomorrow. I am hoping for a good (6hour?) sleep. I am still abit edgy but I am catching myself when I do start talking blunt and I stop! I, too, feel the pain once in while when I relieve myself. I haven't engaged in anything steamy with my husband, yet. He is due to leave, once more, for London Wed. am. I have felt the feelings recently but haven't acted on them. I am still somewhat sore when someone hugs me, so I will wait until that feeling is gone. Then..........'Night sisters!
Unread 10-08-2007, 03:19 PM

My turn to check in. Had my six week post op today. After bleeding on friday and getting cauterized by the dr on call. Whom by the way made me feel bad for having htis so young and she had no idea why I had it and was not gentle at all it hurt so bad.

My dr today did the same exam and didnt hurt one bit, explains why you wait in his waiting room an hour and hers 30 seconds I guess. He could see wehre she had cauterized and said that the problem was my body was healing to rapidly and developing granules that are like a lump of blood vessels and that popped which caused my bleeding. If it happens again I have to call him to check it out but it's normal.

I can resume work next week (I clean houses) and he said the same for interecourse but Im so nervous. He said take it slow like its your first time and be very gentle. We will not try til next week I will let you know how my "first time" goes. Seems funny saying that.

Im hoping lack of posts mean everyone else is doing fairly well also. Still tired and got swelly belly but my doctor said it's gonna take my body 3-6 months to be healed and that losing my hair is my bodies way of dealling with the stress of surgery so that is normal too.

Talk to you all later
Mandi
Unread 10-08-2007, 03:37 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm doing pretty well. Have been back to work part-time for a couple of weeks. That's been pretty tough. My biggest complaint now is the fatigue. The first week I worked, I came home absolutely trashed everyday. Last week was a little better. But by th end of the week I was done in. I still need or long for a nap every afternoon. But in general, I'm getting glimpses of what my "normal" life might be like again, and that's great!

I still have to take advil once in a while. Mostly on the days that have been too long. And I still have a nice swelly belly. I think it's getting better.

Thinking about all of you. Take good care of yourselves.
Unread 10-08-2007, 04:25 PM

Hi everyone, my turn to check in...

I went back to work last Monday and it wasn't too bad. I'm pretty tired by the end of day and my pants are tighter than they are in morning but I made it through. This week is a short week as today is our thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving to any Canadians out there, so I have the extra day to rest before heading back.

On Thursday I go to the dr. for my six week checkup and I'm hoping he gives the ok to more exercise aside from the walking. The weather is so untypically hot here and I would love to be able to ride my bike or do some jogging.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Thinking of you all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register