Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 10-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Hello all,
I had my checkup today...and...my Dr. is so funny! I had to drag everything out of him. I think he knew that I knew the answers already :>) Anyway...he had me do the spread eagle and his first words were "Oooh, Ooooooh, Ohhhhhhhhhh!" He was referrring to my vaginal tear at my epesiotomy site. I was worried about that! Anyway he proceeded to do an internal exam and said the cuff healed nicely but the tear was a concern. He is going to leave it for 4 more weeks, if it does not heal up he will have to cauterize it! Yeowch! He said he really doesn't want to do that because it really burns so hopefully it will heal. He also said not to apply and ointments or salves. This is crazy because the antibiotic salve was helping it. Anyway, I went to the health food store and bought some chemical free pantyliners...the store bought kind are made with chemically processed cotton (they use bleach) anyway I bought some chemical free kind and I consulted a lady in our organic food coop who suggested a soothing yeast cream. I will try it for about 3 days and see if it helps. If it does, the redness and inflammation around the tear was yeast. The tear has actually knitted back together it is just inflammed.

Anyway....the Dr. said for me to enter into my "other" activities slowly with me being in control. He looked at my husband and said, "He looks like a compliable kind of guy" and smiled really big. I really like my Dr. We will see how it all goes..... LATER! I really hope and pray that the tear heals...I don't want to be cauterized! I asked him about lifting and he said if it hurts don't do it! HA! Duh!

I lost 4 lbs after surgery due to my intestines spazzing (that was during the babyfood, starvation period) anyway, I gained 2 of those 4 back. Sooo that makes me a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 04:23 PM

Hello all,
I had my checkup today. There is something about the 6 week milestone that makes you feel better. My Dr. is so funny! I had to drag everything out of him today, I think he knew that I knew the answers already :>) Anyway...he had me do the spread eagle and his first words were "Oooh, Ooooooh, Ohhhhhhhhhh!" He was referrring to my vaginal tear at my epesiotomy site. I was worried about that you know! Anyway, he proceeded to do an internal exam and said the cuff healed nicely but the tear was a concern. He is going to leave it for 4 more weeks, if it does not heal up he will have to cauterize it! Yeowch! He said he really doesn't want to do that because it really burns so hopefully it will heal. He also said not to apply any ointments or salves. This seems crazy because the antibiotic salve was helping it. Anyway, I went to the health food store and bought some chemical free pantyliners...the store bought kind are made with chemically processed cotton (they use bleach) anyway, I bought some chemical free kind in case the chemical were keeping it irritated. I also consulted a lady who suggested a soothing yeast cream. I will try it for about 3 days and see if it helps. If it does, the redness and inflammation around the tear was yeast. The tear has actually knitted back together, it is just inflammed.

Anyway....the Dr. said for me to enter into my "other" activities slowly with me being in control. He looked at my husband and said, "He looks like a compliable kind of guy, just take it slow." and smiled really big. I am concerned about being with my hubby...I have had enough pain and I rememeber how sore it was after each birth. I guess we will see how it all goes..... LATER! Fingers crossed :>) I really do hope and pray that the tear heals...I don't want to be cauterized!

I lost 4 lbs after surgery due to my intestines spazzing (that was during the babyfood, starvation period) anyway, I gained 2 of those 4 back. Sooo that makes me a whopping 2 lbs. lighter than before surgery. I told the Dr. I gained 2 lbs and he said...."You are eating too much!" My husband about lost it! He was cracking up! My Dr. is from Guatemala and he is the wittiest guy...with a thick accent, you would just have to hear it to understand the funny :>)

I guess I better go. We have church tonight and I need to visit Ronald McDonald...
Unread 10-10-2007, 04:38 PM

Hi friends! Very quickly (more next week), I had my first 10 hour shift today. Usually I have the lovely swelly belly late at night - I had it by NOON today - LOL. But, I made it through, with only one motrin. I'm going to lie in bed now!!! I'll read for a while, then sleeeeeep. Have to get up at 0430 and repeat the process. Sigh.

Will do the next 4 days, and post on Monday. Thinking of you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 09:03 PM

Sheesh! It posted twice! I am sorry...I was wondering where it disappeared too...I was typing along and it vanished...Ha! I think I did pretty good remembering what I wrote the first time after it disappeared...Ha! I guess I get 2 points for that! :>Z

I have been having a few of these moments lately....anyone else???
Unread 10-11-2007, 01:31 AM

Hello Oklahoma kitty,
I am also from OK and have IC . I haven't posted here before because I had a lot of problems and was quite a bit behind the rest of you. I didn't want to be a drag . Anyway doing better now and just wanted to say Hi!
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:00 AM

Went for my 6 week this morning, everything ok though she could still see some stitches. Didn't hurt anything like it did 4 weeks ago when I had the bleeding episode. I did forget to ask about lifting but she basically said I'm ok to resume normal activities. I'm just going to be careful about lifting, we're not going to attempt "that" for another 2 weeks (he said this himself) & I go back to work Monday. Should be stressful & I'm sure I'll be wiped out when I get home.
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by listo
I am new here...I am at my 6 week on Wed. My Dr. gave me no information, everything I know I learned here but I was afraid to join in until now. I am still very scared, I still get a bad burning pain and a stabbing pain at the bottom of my pubic bone...because my job is so physical the Dr has me off till I am at 8weeks...I just can't seem to judge if I am doing too much or not pushing enough.
Any words of encouragement?
Thanks for being there,
I'm Listo (ready)
Hi Listo
I was interested to hear you are have burning stabbing pain , this has just started happening to me , i'm nearly 6 weeks post op, and in the last 5 days , ever since my doctors exam i am in more pain than i have been since the op, do you think its normal anyone else have it ?
I am being treated to the most fantastic holiday in Mexico , private jet the works all paid for and suddenly have so much pain HELP!!!!
Sandra
TAH, BSO Very large tumourous appendix
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:37 AM

I am 6 weeks out, and Monday and today I've had some big sharp sudden pains. They only last a second then are gone. Today I think I have gas locked in my side and that may be what is causing the pains every once in a while and just tenderness again in my stomach. I'm hoping it is normal!
(I've felt a tad nauseous too, but I think that relates more to the fact that I'm getting radiation.)
Hey, I'm going to Mexico for the first time in January, Cabo San Lucas. No private jet here though!
Karen Hope707
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:43 AM

Hi gals,

Went back to work this week. Day one went well. Day two I was exhausted, had a headache and was sore and swollen. Yesterday was better, I sat down more and tried to be aware of what I was doing. The swelly belly seems to get bigger each day. It has been frustrating in the am trying to find things that fit and look decent. I'm retaining a lot of water and will try drinking more and getting off my feet more today. I've had some mild hot flashes and woke up sweaty and damp a couple nights. But aside from all that I am enjoying being back to work and things are progressing.

My staff have been great and understanding and helpful. Don't know what I would do without their great attitudes this week. The kids have been excited to have me back and are such a joy.

Had a power outage here last night and the am was so hectic I did not bathe my preschooler, just wiped him with wipes this am. The teenagers and everyone was off schedule this morning. Oh, well sometimes we just do what we can. I keep reminding myself this is not about perfection right now!

Agape, peace and blessings,

Cathy
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:50 AM

Glad to see everyone back, had my TAH on Sept 4th, doin ok, still have a few aches and pains. First sex date was great, my DH was so patient and understanding. We are just going slow, I was afraid my sex drive was going to be affected but so far, thats has not been the problem. Hope it continues this way!! My DH had a hernia operation the end of Sept. so we were both cautious the first time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register