Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 10-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Can't understand what is going on i've had really sharp burning pain to the bottom right of my incision for the last 10 days, when i stand , turn ,it even pinches when i bend, whats happening i've had no pain since week 2 and suddenly at 6 weeks this !!! anyone else?
i'm just waiting for a nurse to call me back but surely we should feel better and more pain free not be suddenly going backwards, i feel as though i have a burning knife slicing into me. Sorry i'm rambling and moaning.
Sandra
TAH/BSO plus large tumour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 02:33 PM

Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear about the pain. Let us know what the nurse says. I have more pain now than I thought I would at this point. But it's not that sharp. More achy and sore.

I'm thinking about you. take care.

Unread 10-16-2007, 03:42 PM

Sandra, hope you are able to find out the source of your pain.
I haven't posted much lately, as everything is going well in my recovery. I continue to read this site and want to know how everyone else is doing. Feeling extra tired at times and needing extra sleep (I was accustomed to about 6 hrs. a night) are the only problems (don't even know if I should call it a problem) I have.
Life is good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 05:37 PM

Thank you Cheetah07 and Nila, the nurse said to start taking pain killers which i don't want to do as i haven't taken anything for 4 weeks and also to see my surgeon on tuesday, she thinks i probably had overdone it HOW!!!!!! i don;t do anything and have just got back from the most fantastic holiday in Mexico. I think i will still go and see him as i don't feel its right and no-one else seems to be suffering from this problem.

So glad you are both getting better, keep it up
take care
sandra
Unread 10-16-2007, 06:01 PM

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for letting us know what the nurse said. I'm impressed that you haven't had to take any pain meds for four weeks! I'm still taking advil here and there. When I went to the doctor on Monday, she warned me that my abdomen would tell me when I had overdone it. It will be like a barometer, and I think she's right. It doesn't take much for me and I haven't taken any plane flights to Mexico. (envious). I bet just the traveling could cause discomfort. But it's really good you are going to check in with the surgeon.

Take care and rest if you can.
Unread 10-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Hi Ladies,

This week is going much better than last as far as my energy goes and I seem to be having less aches and swellies. So far so good, especially after the melt down this week end I was worried I would be a mess. I know I have gotten to a place where I realize other people in this household must do their share and I am determined to not confuse my nurturing with being taken advantage of. I think the hyst. made me also rethink asserting my needs and realizing that I need to be clear and assert them.

The lunch went well Sunday. Instead of MARTHAing it, I purchased some soup at the whole foods store deli section, bought some crusty bread, made a salad with pears, strawberries, candied pecans and gorganzola, served pies I purchased and called it lunch. My mother in law has alzheimers anyway and probably will only remember I served sourdough and she doesn't care for sourdough (poor thing she picked it up about 6 or 7 times, took a bite and stated she was sorry to say she does not care for sourdough). Bless her heart, I love her dearly and we just respond like it's the first time she says something when she does that. I did ask my husband and kids to clear the table and clean the kitchen and they did it!!!!

Work has been terrific and my staff has been awsome. There are so many things to take care of right now. I'm taking it slowly and trying not to stress. Life is too short. I'm lucky that some of the paperwork I can do from home. My home is between the branch office and my school site so I can pop in at home between meetings, do work on the computer and head into my site before the real fun hits. I'm planning fund raisers and Parent meetings right now and trying to meet goals and deadlines. Budget time is upon us.

Thanks to all for the support when I was stressing.

Agape, peace and blessomgs tp all,

Cathy
_____________________________________________________-
TVH; Ovaries in tact: deep andenomyosis, endometriosis, fibroids, uterine prolapse, cervical dysplasia, mennoraghia
Unread 10-20-2007, 09:10 AM

First week back to work. I'm so tired. Each day I'd come home ready to drop. By the middle of the day MY middle was aching & most days had a backache. Wednesday I was nauseous all morning with a headache.
Wonder how much longer this will last. When I went for my 6 week last week I still had stitches inside, wonder if they've all dissolved by now?
Unread 10-20-2007, 12:41 PM

Hi everybody! Just wanted to check in and let you all know that this hystersister found out last night that all is well in the female department with DH! I was scared beyond belief (had to drink a little sherry first) before we checked out the engines! DH was great and for the first time, I experienced 10 in a row O's! Oh my stars! When I see my doctor, I am gonna tell him "you freed me!" My muscles were sore afterwards...but no sign of dismay in any other way. I am feeling great today! I gonna enjoy this feeling 'cause lord knows it comes and goes. I still feel like toast at work but it does seem to be that I can tolerate more work hours than the previous week. So, I am happy to report that I am happy DW and wish the very same for all of you! I'll be checking in next weekend to see how all of you are coming along. I hope well in spirit and mind!
Unread 10-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Trouble with smells

I'm so happy to have all you wonderful women to check in with...thank you all.
I start back to work this Thursday and I am scared. I have a very physical job and I have to lift and carry alot, but, my real problem is smells....I work with lions, tigers and cheetahs (no bears) feeding, cleaning etc... here at home I can barely clean-up after the dogs. The smell of dog feces gags me even tomato products and smoked cheese don't sit right! I have never been squeemish before, I could handle all the smells of work and home, now I'm not sure if I can.
Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them before? Could it be hormones? Any help would be great.
I asked my Dr and she said she didn't work on my head. Nice lady huh? worse Dr ever!
Keep up the good thoughts.
Unread 10-20-2007, 04:49 PM

HI Listo,
I notice some aversion to smells once in a while, however, I have been attributing it to the radiation I'm getting which does give me a queasy stomach off and on through out the day.

This past Monday till Saturday are the first 6 consecutive days with no little stomach pains due to my hysterectomy. I am getting gas, diarrhea but that is from the radiation. I have 4 more weeks of radiation and am so looking forward to ending these stomach/bowel irregualities and uncomfortable feelings.

Again I think it is radiation, but I still am really tired all the time.
Karen Hope707

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register