Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

Unread 09-06-2007, 12:44 PM
doing pretty good today....

So this is TAH day 7 post-op for me.... and I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel!!! Yesterday I stayed down all day. BIG mistake!!! I paid for it last night by being really achy in my tailbone area from sitting/laying all day. Got up at 3am and took two Percocet to sleep. Then, I didn't wake up till 10 this morning.

Hubby said I was depressed yesterday.... good possibility, since its really not like me to sit all day long, even though on weekends... I have no problems taking a "lifetime" day off once in a while.

But today, I took a shower and had breakfast and took a nice long walk with Hubby and made an appointment to go get pampered next Tuesday at the hair salon and will be making another appointment for the end of this month at the spa for the full treatment.

Nothing will lift your spirits more than getting pampered!

My prayers for all who are struggling... it just HAS to get better and time is a great healer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Post-Op Visit today

I had the one-week post-op for my LSH today and the pathology report was good so Yea! I was happy to hear that.

The doc seemed to be in a bit of a rush and that annoyed me. He didn't ask me much, just got to work snipping the ends of the stitches that were hanging out of 3 incisions.

He did spend a fair amount of time showing me graphic photos of my insides, not that I really wanted to see. I'm a little squeamish, but have to admit it was pretty fascinating. These photos (full color!) were amazing. I still can't believe how they got all those body parts out through such a (relatively) small incision.

Believe me, I feel blessed that I was able to have this done laparosopically, especially when I read about the more challenging recoveries of sisters who have had abdominal or vaginal surgeries. I am sending "healing" thoughts to all of you.
Unread 09-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 27-Sep 03,2007

1 week post op
i had a total radical abdominal hysterectomy plus an appendix the size of a hand (they had thought it was a ovarian tumour, and the surgeon did call me a freak) removed 29th august.
I'm a 53 year old post menapausal very fit active english princess and was shocked to be sent home day 3 with nothing more than "see you in 2-4 weeks" I feel abandoned and can't believe the lack of follow up here.
I'm finding it very hard to accept not doing too much and want to get going but am to scared of messing anything up.I burst into spontaneous crying WHY!!!! and am having such trouble sleeping , i think maybe its the meds.I have cut down to 3 vicodin and 2 600gm motrin a day but thats coming down soon i hate taking pills.
When can i start sleeping on my side? and why are my legs so restless as soon as i get in bed?
I really thought i would be up and running around not a **** invalid, guess i really am old, i certainly look like a freak when i walk to the post box looking like a pregnant grandmother clutching my belly.
My incision is vertical and my belly a very odd shape,held together with steri-strips.
The only good news is i haven't had a problem with BM i started taking bowel softeners 3 times a day and metamucil 2 x day the day i got home. i went no problem on day 5 and have continued since, wind has been a bit of a problem but not to bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 07:50 PM

Your pregnant grandmother comment reminded me of a comment made to me. I was walking with my pregnant and due any day daughter. She was holding her tummy and I was holding mine. A lady asked me if I was having sympathy pains!

I only take one vicodin at night and only to be sure I'm not achy when I try to fall asleep, I'm not actually hurting. I've been rolling to my sides since I got home on Saturday night.
Unread 09-06-2007, 08:53 PM

I have ethe restless leg thing too before bed. Im thinking its from not doing much maybe?????

I too am getting bored im bummed my plans to spend three weeks scrapbooking didnt pan. Its harder then I thought it would be to sit and stretch to reach things. So im sending hubby to the craft store tomorrow to get me a christmas cross stitch. Ive read two books and watched to many movies im ready to do something. But I dont want to overdo it Ive read teh horror stories on here from sisters who have done things to soon and had to have more surgeries, from torn stitches bladder problems you name it. I do not want to have that happen. But laying around is so hard lol who woulda thought??...
Unread 09-07-2007, 07:58 AM

Whew! Hi all. Wow what a surgery we all went through huh? Crazy. My TAH/BSO was on Aug. 30th (I get confused with all these letters - I had a hysterectomy and they took my ovaries). I'm doing okay for the most part. The hot flashes started. Is it normal for them to start this soon 8 days post op? Or am I imagining things? When does the swelly belly go away? Do the ice packs work on the swelly belly? No one told me you can use an ice pack.

I didn't have any problems with the morphine but the Percocet gave me the most vivid nightmares. Now I'm just taking the Motrin.

How long did it take for anyone's plumbing to get back to normal? I am so constipated and the stool softeners are barely getting the job done. Ohh and this morning I have a new friend, Mr. Hemorroid. Now I have to call my husband at work to buy something new. The poor man has already had to buy pads, granny panties, stool softener and now hemorroid cream.

Thanks everybody and let's all get well soon.
Unread 09-07-2007, 08:01 AM
one week out from TAH

hello there ladies,
i am one week out from my surgery and doing quite well. very interesting about the morphine reactions.... i had a similar experience. not to the point of medical intervention, but definitely felt the respirations deeply depressed. sooo glad when that phase was over!

eventhough i have been post menopausal for nearly 10 years, i have been having those itchy, hot flashes and emotional sensitivity, too.....pretty strange to be back in the land of menopause again! i am going to look into some alternative support to smooth all that out.....shees.

fortunately, i have had very little pain and am attributing it to the homeopathics i took before and after surgery. they are very easy to take, very safe and are easily and inexpensively found at a good alternative health store. if anyone is interested, i would be happy to share what they are.

wishing for all of you an ongoing swift and complete recovery!

all blessings, hamfam
Unread 09-07-2007, 08:42 AM

Hello. I had my TVH on 8/29. All went well, came home the next day, slept that evening well and slept off and on Fri. Went camping for labor day weekend. I didn't do anything it was awesome. This would be the only camping trip that I was able to get by with this. LOL. Came home on Monday had to pick my daughter up, which was a long haul in the car. Tuesday I paid for it. It is now 9/7 & I feel fine. Except I went outside yesterday & the dog got under my feet, & I think I pulled a groin muscle. Today I am a little draggy. Getting bored. Take care.
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:01 AM

seriously try metamucil i have had no problems but take it twice a day and stool softeners 3 times daily.Are you drinking as much water as you can ? that helps to.
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:06 AM

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is having a better day today. I am 10 post surgery and yesterday was a pretty good day and as I was feeling less pain I went to bed without taking the taradol, thinking I need to get off the meds. BIG mistake, last night was the worst night's sleep I have had the last few days. I don't think the weather is helping either it is hot, hazy and humid here and so the air went back on and the headache returned. It was so much nicer when it was cooler and I could open the windows.
Wishing everyone a speedy recovery,

TLH, firbroids, adenomyosis, kept both ovaries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register