Teenage daughters !!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teenage daughters !!! Teenage daughters !!!

Unread 08-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Teenage daughters !!!

Hello ladies well going into week three of my recovery time and really hoping to get better sleeps sooner than later although part of my problem is not all mine LOL.. I have a husband and ten year old son that doesnt know how to be quiet when they are going to bed and since I fell asleep sooner than them was woken up when they proceeded to come up from the basement to get ready for bed and woke me up and was up till 2 am and than this morning my dear hubby has no mercy for others sleeping in the house bangning doors and turning the tv on and not turning the volume down. Maybe when I start back to work at the end of September I should be less considerate of the others sleeping in my home see how they feel. Than to top it off I have a soon to be sixteen year old daughter that doesnt care at all about her mother and is in this me me me stage but thats all soon coming to an end cause IM just about ready to blow my stack with them all soon with this lovely hormonal change going on inmy body since surgergy Im an explosive waiting to blow. One nice thing I have to look foward to though is this upcoming weekend my dear hubby and son are going away and Im looking forward to the quiet time and will be letting my daughter know this weekend I will not be her shuttle service. Well on our way to the doctors as she has a check up but will be back on later today. Also wondering does hyster sisters have a chat room to chit chat with my fellow hystersisters or is this the only means of chatting amongst us all?? Talk to you later will be home after ten am and its presently 8:22 am here in ontario canada and looking like a great day for weather maybe get outside and get some sunshine and hope to pick up my hormonal body LOL.. Take care ladies look forward to hearing from you all later today.. How many of you have teenage daughters and how is your life with a teen daughter do you get along or is it war time most of the time like here..

love you all and hugs and kisses to you all!!! This is the best site keeps me from loosing my sanity LOL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Teenage daughters !!!

I have a daughter who is 12 (will be 13 in December) and thinks she's going on 16!!! I've been told by her counselor that this ME, ME, ME world she lives in is a stage and that it DOES get better. I asked when and was told when she's 23-24 and she'll also no longer think I'm as stupid as she thought I was!! LOL. I know both of my kids (son is 9) think I was placed on this earth to be their own personal...what's the word for it???? Maid? All in all though, my DD and I have a pretty good relationship--when she decides to leave the attitude at the front the door. I know what you mean about the inconsideration though. I had a TVH nearly 4 weeks ago and sometimes I wish I'd had it abdominally. They--DD, DS, and DH--all seem to think that since they can't see an incision then I must not have had too major of a surgery. I had surgery on a Wednesday, came home Thursday morning and was back to cooking for everyone on Saturday. There was no pampering and trying to take it easy?? Yeah, right. Both kids returned to school today. I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet. I told my neighbor this morning as we were waiting for the school bus that I've decided I like the first day of school even better than Christmas!
Unread 08-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Teenage daughters !!!

Teenage daughters. Let's see. I've got two of those.

The older one is 19, a ray of sunshine, never a minute's trouble, and we've always gotten along well, though she doesn't help much around the house.

The younger one is 17........will be 18 in 5 months. I love her, but she's made my life hell since she was 15, and we had WW III at our house last week. Just what I needed.

Everyone tells me to hang tough and that this will pass. I'm ready for her to go off to college. NOW.

Good luck to everyone going through the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Teenage daughters !!!

I know exactly what you're talking about with the "Me" stage. My DD is 15 and although she and I actually get along great, she does not help much around the house, which really bothers me, since I really need the help. She thinks that if her Dad asks her to help do the dishes or a load of clothes, she is having to do everything! All she wants is to go out with her friends and her boyfriend. This is her first full week of school and she is not going to like what her Dad is going to tell her tonight -no more outings during the week, since school has started. It will probably end up in a loud argument, with me being the referee!!!
Unread 08-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Teenage daughters !!!

Add me to the teen list as well! DH and I are a blended family, 3 his, 3 mine:

Girl, age 17 whom we just packed off to college on Satuday! - his
Girl, age 16, just received her drivers permit - mine
Girl, age 12, just started Jr. High school - his
Boy, age 13 - his
Girl, age 10 - mine
Boy, age 5, just sent him this morning for his first day of kindergarden - mine

(Now you can see why my name is Mrs. Brady, lol)

The oldest girls drive me beserk. My 16 year old mouthed me off so bad last week and "ran away", that I had to call her father to find her and keep her for a few days. She knew I couldn't run after her in my condition.
Oh, and they are filthy creatures. Don't wanna pick up anything and make more messes than my 5 year old. It's a battle just trying to get them to keep their bodies clean. College came for the first, not soon enough for the second!!

Because the oldest ones are the way they are, they are of course negatively affecting the younger ones. They are starting as well.....just not as bad......yet.
Unread 08-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Teenage daughters !!!

For the "I have to do everything" syndrome, try making a list of what everyone needs to do.

"I have to do EVERYTHING!"

"No, you don't. You have to do this, this and this. Your sister has to do this, this and this. Your brother does this, this and this. So you only have to do one third of everything. Once you have your own place, THEN you'll have to do EVERYthing."
Unread 08-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Teenage daughters !!!

Me and my DH are a blended family too. 5 his, 3 mine---We have only been married 2 years.

twin girls --16 -his..have now moved back to their mom's...since thay have been their they have been kicked out of school and are on probation. Trying to get them straightened back out
One of them just had to have her dad come help her register her car on the day after my surgery...he brought me home from the hospital and then left to go help her....that ME, ME, ME thing.

boy-- 15 -mine- just got his driver's liscense...think she need to be gone all the time. When he is home he is on the phone w/GF.

Girl--12 -his ..thinks she is being picked on cuz her mom tells her how terrible it is to live with me(trying to get her to move back with her)

boy--12 -mine...Obsest with playing football right now. But he is my best helper..he will be cleaning then ask what else needs to be done.

Girl--9-mine

These next two have been with us for just over a year after the mother was shot (at a get together with friends)

girl--8 his
boy--7 his

It has been a very stressful couple of years...with blending familys, dealing with the death-- little kid emotions and my lovely medical issues.

Hopefully everthing will be much better now.
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:14 AM
Teenage daughters !!!

Teenagers! OMG, how did we manage to get to our ages, without our mothers putting us down like mad dogs?? My daughter is now 21, and has grown into a wonderful, caring person, and mother in her own right. But---from the ages of 14-18 or so??? A more self-centered, hostile, mouthy, hateful person, I hope never to meet.

I just returned from a month long stay at her house, as she gave birth to her 2nd daughter. The fun part will be when SHE has TWO teenage daughters, 1 year apart in age, LOL.

And the funniest (and funnest) part is that, she and I will be talking now, or see something on TV, or just hear someone say something, and look at each other--and she will grin, or laugh, and tell me "Mom, don't even say it, how did you let me get this old without killing me?". She called me from the parking lot of Wal-mart the other day(she lives in MN, I live in TX, lol) and the only thing I heard was "Mom, OMG, they need to take away the drivers' license of anyone under 21, they drive like maniacs-I have 2 babies in this car, and I am gonna get killed in the Wal-mart parking lot by teenage drivers!!" I laughed so hard, I was crying, and she thought we were disconnected, hung up, and called back. There IS a God

For as bad as the WWIII situation we had in our house was for years while she was a teenager, I would never have dreamed she would actually ever grow into a real person that I would like, not just love, but they do. We managed to(well, most of us, I won't mention my ex-MIL).
Hang in there, and try not to strangle her for just...one...more...day, eventually, she will come out the other end of the tunnel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register