Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better? Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Orgasm not quite the same...does it get better?

I am coming really close to 2 years post op and I have to say that it has NOTE been the same as before! I really wanted it to be, the whole experience, but now that it is not I feel a little cheated.

YES, I feel better since the surgery, but I hate that I had to "trade" something for it!

So, kudos to those who have it better...understanding for those that do not.

cm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2007, 06:27 AM

Well I answered my own question somewhat last night with some additional outercourse. Yes, it got better. But no, still not the same. I guess time will be my only friend on this one.

jennice41 I personally do not think I will need lube but if I do there is only one brand I will use and that is PreSeed. It is pricey, but it is a natural feeling lubricant that is not greasy at all. It was designed as a sperm-friendly lube for those trying to conceive children so it feels like your own natural lubrication. It also has a plastic applicator so it can be applied internally prior to intercourse. I doubt your man would even know you were using it. However I wouldn't use an entire application...there is a lot in that little tube. I believe it comes in boxes of six tubes.

nextonlist I am sorry things are not the same for you. I do fear I will be in the same place, somewhat cheated. If this is a fact, I will be sure to tell my doctor to warn of this possible side effect. It is one that is not in the little brochure they hand out and not one she discussed with me, either. That is surprising since she is pretty straightforward. Maybe no other patient has ever been honest with her and since she hasn't had a hysterectomy (yet...she also has adeno) she wouldn't know.

Thanks for all the responses. I am starting to feel a little more hopeful that things will improve but also supported if they don't. You ladies are great!
Unread 09-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Exactly How I Feel

I agree....we messed around for the first time the other night and all I could say was the orgasm was "different", but it didn't hurt! I think maybe it was different because I wasn't getting what i really wanted . At least my DH follows the rules. It may be a long 4 more weeks here! I kinda worried that things may never be right again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2007, 12:32 PM

I had hyst almost a year ago and then had rectocele repair 4 months later. I did not think sex was ever going to feel good again. I had very little sensation in any sexual areas. I had premature ovarian failure in my 40's so probably was hormone challenged before the hyst. Finally, 8 months after hyst I figured out it was not the 2 surgeries that was making me feel so awful, it was the lack of hormones. I got started on HRT and I have to tell you that the orgasms are stronger now than the last few years when I had everything organ-wise! My nipples are now very sensitive and my interest in sex is coming back. My testoterone was very low and 8 weeks later I feel like a new person.

As for those of you just barely recovering....it REALLY does take a year to recover from a hyst and other repairs. Patience is really hard to find sometimes but how you feel now is NOT how you are going to feel a year from now. Your body takes a pretty big hit from all of this, mentally and physically, and I while I am not 100% I can see the light at the end of this tunnel starting to shine! Hang in there!!!
Unread 09-03-2007, 12:42 PM

I experienced the exact same thing!!! Good, but not as good as it used to be. I'm so glad I found you girls to talk to!!!!!!
Unread 09-09-2007, 07:40 PM
in the same boat

i had my 6 month check up the other day. I had good orgasms before and now it seem likes it takes forever to have them. We have tried oral and toy stimulation. Sometimes its quick other times its very frustrating thingking it wont ever come. I have definatley changed in this area. My drive is gone. I used to want it all the time and now its like nothing there. Sorry this wasnt more positive. Any help here would be great tho....
Unread 09-09-2007, 07:51 PM

My orgasms are more pleasurable because sex no longer is painful. They are more subtle but if I had to choose more subtle over the pain I was having with sex, I'll take the more subtle.

They are different and it did take me time to adjust.
Unread 09-11-2007, 06:28 AM

I am in the group of not as good. they are just not as intense at all. in fact, the sensitivity down there is not as good either. I just don't get that "tingly"feeling at all. It feels dead. In fact, everytime we have sex I feel like crying because it is so dissapointing for me. also dryness is a big factor also. I didn't know any of this before surgery. but still had no choice. Surgery date was June 29.
Unread 09-11-2007, 03:20 PM

I'm really sorry Hillman. Maybe it will get better. Ask your Dr. for some suggestions.
Unread 09-11-2007, 05:05 PM

i have not had inner but did have some orgasms through external stimulation. And, I have to place myself at the TOP of the list of IT IS BETTER than ever!!! Could be that I am as ****** as an NBA player but all the sensations were there and It felt better than ever! I had a TAH, thos of you who are not feeling good orgasms, what type of surgery did you have> could this make a difference?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register